Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

warez posted:

I just wish they hadn't cut in so many scenes from the beginning boardwalk sequence at the end. I think it would have been creepier if it wasn't so explicit.

In general I thought stuff was too explicit, the plot really only moved forward at two points and both times it was the same character giving a monologue explaining what happened. There wasn't a lot of mystery here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Fart City posted:

Us is about a lot of things, but it’s not about where the Tethered came from. It’s about how their arrival impacts the family at the center of the story, and how their arrival effects the world on a larger scale.

If this is true, why is so much screen time devoted to exposition about where the Tethered came from, and why is the impact that it turns into a fairly standard albeit technically well-made slasher/zombie movie?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

a new study bible! posted:

My favorite hidden 11:11 was the Black Flag shirt that the twin was wearing. I bet there are a bunch of them.

if we talking shirts, the green shirt the daughter is wearing through most/all of the film says "rabbit" on it in Vietnamese (Thỏ). Whether this means anything beyond just being another instance of rabbits in the film or is just a fun easter egg, :shrug:.