Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Amy Schumer has discussed her husband's Asperger's Syndrome in an effort to get rid of the 'stigma that comes along with it'.

The actress, 37, revealed her husband Chris Fischer, 39, was diagnosed with the form of autism on her Netflix comedy special Amy Schumer: Growing.

Explaining her decision to speak out about her personal life, she told Late Night host Seth Meyers,'We both wanted to talk about it because it's been totally positive'.

Amy - who is expecting her first child with Chris - said: 'I think some people resist getting diagnosed because of the stigma that comes along with it.

'But the tools we've been given have made his life so much better and our marriage and our life so much more manageable.'

Amy Schumer, 37, revealed her new husband Chris Fischer, 39, was diagnosed with the form of autism on her Netflix comedy special Amy Schumer: Growing

quote:

Asperger's is a form of autism, characterised by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.

Amy added that it's important for people to speak out about Asperger's and get the tools they need to improve their quality of life.

She said: 'I just wanted to encourage people to not be afraid of that stigma. I think a lot of people with autism go undiagnosed when I think their life could be better if they got those tools.'

Meanwhile, the star admitted her pregnancy has been 'pretty tough', having suffered with extreme nausea, exhaustion and dehydration due to hyperemesis.

Hyperemesis gravidarum, which the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton famously suffered with, is a pregnancy complication which results in severe nausea, vomiting and weight loss.

She said: 'I didn't know pregnancies could be such a bummer. I threw up a bunch of times on the way here.'

Opening up about her husband in her comedy special, Amy said she realised early on that the chef's brain 'was a little different' to hers.

She told a crowd in Chicago: 'I knew from the beginning that my husband's brain was a little different than mine. I have to start this over because I really want to get this right because I love him very much.

'My husband was diagnosed with what used to be called Asperger's. He has autism spectrum disorder. He's on the spectrum. And there were some signs early on.'

Sources say that hubby Chris is unusually well-endowed. Lucky Amy!

quote:

The actress and chef Chris married in February 2018 after three months together. Amy announced last October they are expecting a child.

She revealed to Seth that she was still suffering from pregnancy-related hyperemesis gravidarum.

The actress then claimed she and Chris know the gender of their baby but added 'we don't care'.

Amy said they baby can choose its identity as long as the 'baby doesn't identify as a DJ'.

She commented on getting advice from everyone, including Seth's wife Alexi Ashe.

'Your wife told me that prenatal yoga helped with birth so I immediately signed up for a C-section. I'm not doing that. I hate that,' Amy said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, this is pretty surprising I have to say. Amy Schumer could probably have any man she wants but she decides to settle down with a man with Asperger's Syndrome!

Just goes to show that love wins in the end. Do any goons have Asperger's Syndrome? Is anybody here Autistic? Is this news story encouraging to you? Let's talk about it ITT :coolfish:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
let's not talk about it

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
loving lovely idiots born with brain problems shouldn’t be marrying they should just talk about being married in their sets and leave autistic people alone

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that guy looks overwhelmingly friendly

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I wouldn't exclude a dude just for having autism but I ain't no top female comedian

I'm pretty "unusually well-endowed" the same way Amy Schumer is, though. That lady tubby

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'd overlook a lot of flaws for a man who can and will cook.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Amy Schumer, 37, revealed her new husband Chris Fischer, 39, was diagnosed with the form of autism on her Netflix comedy special Amy Schumer: Growing

He was diagnosed with autism on her Netflix comedy special? Is she even qualified to do that?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kind of weird how she gets to "reveal" his autism

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
She's going to have to do a lot more Netflix specials to pay for all those model trains.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wow, how courageous of her to come out and make jokes about the intellectually disabled and then say “but it’s okay, my husband is on the spectrum.”

She’s funny, at least

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Amy Schumer sucks poo poo

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
She's growing on the inside and also on the outside

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Good job, discount Jon Hamm.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How brave of that man to come out as a pig-fucker.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I saw her boobie!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sintax posted:

She's growing on the inside and also on the outside

They both care more about the food he makes than each other.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Schumer: “So my husband is autistic, right? And I was talking to him about this upcoming comedy special, and *laughs* okay, this is what he says:

*mimics the sound of a sudden loud noise, drops to the ground, starts shrieking and crying, rocking back and forth, mumbling a repeated phrase over and over*”

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I wonder how long it will take them to get divorced

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

1redflag posted:

She’s funny, at least

hahahahah

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Finally the national nightmare is over: we have scarified a mental disabled man to marry Amy Schumer. The avatar of a mid-western walmart employee has been satisfied for now.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Did anyone say you probably have to be autistic to find Amy Schumer funny? Not that it's a disability, but that the lack of social cues give you the benefit of not blowing your brains out listening to her joke about all the dick she's experienced.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

vyst posted:

Did anyone say you probably have to be autistic to find Amy Schumer funny? Not that it's a disability, but that the lack of social cues give you the benefit of not blowing your brains out listening to her joke about all the dick she's experienced.

It's funny and brave because society traditionally only encourages men to be promiscuous, so for a woman to be proud of her promiscuity automatically makes her funny, you sexist MRA piece of shjit

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
PErsonally, I'm bucking traditional gender roles by being the first man to be proud of being a virgin prude

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I sorta wish I had asperbergs so I could marry amy schumer, who I've loved for a long time.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
i knew a dude with asperger's. it's really not such a big deal.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

How many jokes and bits has she stolen now, is there a running counter

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
He probably just got her confused with Amy Rose

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Zane posted:

You'r from 07 you must have remembered the asperger's wave that hit SA/the internet back then.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Zane posted:

Asperger's doesn't even exist anymore

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

BexGu posted:

You'r from 07 you must have remembered the asperger's wave that hit SA/the internet back then.
it's true that 'aspergers syndrome' is an almost perfect synonym for 'goony' -- just with more diagnostic formality. but i can't honestly hate myself!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Sources say that hubby Chris is unusually well-endowed.

What loving sources? What's a typical go-to source for the cock-size of people Asperger's?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Glad a human being managed to marry a rich. Sure, he'll be fourth or fifth against the wall when the revolution comes now, but he should be able to funnel a fair amount of Schumer's money away beforehand.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I would reduce the girth of my penis by .5 inches simply so that it would stop swelling up from trauma every other month from my partner's vayjay throttling the hell out of it during oegamiom spasms. God save this man both due to his marital misfortune and of having what I can only assume and must assume is a perpetually beat up dilznick I am crying as I type.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Very strong opinions on popular media are just bubbling under the surface of that man

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Millennial Tom Arnold/Roseanne

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Obviously she's working on material that rips the absolute piss out of autistic people and this is how she plans to get away with it.

Never trust a comedian. Marry an accountant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Oh I'm supposed to hate her right?