Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

http://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/01/15/police-florida-man-hits-vehicle-then-steals-vehicle-belonging-good-samaritan-who-stopped-help/

quote:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Investigators say a 27-year-old Florida man caused a crash on Interstate 95 and then stole a pickup truck from a man who stopped to help.

Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Kim Montes said in a statement that 27-year-old Zachary Searls hit a van in front of him Monday night. Searls' car then hit a tree and caught fire.

Montes says 52-year-old Felix Coffman stopped to help. When Coffman got out of his truck, Searls got in it and drove away, Montes says.

Volusia County Sheriff’s deputies say they found the truck parked outside Searls' home a short time later and arrested him. He’s charged with several offenses including grand theft of a motor vehicle, no valid driver’s license, leaving the scene of a crash with injury and resisting an officer without violence. He is being held on a $6,000 bond.

No attorney for Searls was listed in court records.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article220432785.html

MANATEE 

A man is facing a murder charge after deputies say he had a “bad reaction” to drugs, started hallucinating and stabbed another man.
Joseph Mueller, 22, was using LSD with a 20-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman around 11:45 p.m. Sunday when Mueller had a “bad reaction” and began hallucinating, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.
Mueller went into the kitchen of the home in the 1700 block of 49th Avenue West in Bradenton and grabbed a large carving knife. He then went into 47-year-old Arthur Sadler’s room and stabbed him in the stomach, deputies said. Sadler was taken to Blake Medical Center but died in surgery.
Mueller and the two others ran, but he and the woman were taken into custody at 19th Street and 49th Avenue West. The 22-year-old man was found in a fenced-in backyard in the 1800 block of 52nd Avenue West.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
gently caress you OP with your Twitter poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hardawn posted:

gently caress you OP with your Twitter poo poo

Florida man angry about harmless thread :qq:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_cannibal_attack

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
300-lb Florida woman gets life in prison after sitting on girl, resulting in her death

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-shoved-woman-because-he-wanted-eat-egg-rolls-her-house-claims-she-1370734

quote:

A Florida man has been arrested and charged with battery after he allegedly pushed a woman who wouldn’t let him into her house to eat egg rolls.

Police in Milton, Florida, have said in an offense report that the suspect, 44-year-old Keith Johnson, arrived at the victim’s house drunk, demanding to come in so that he could eat the Chinese foodstuff. ABC affiliate WEARTV reported that Johnson kept ringing the doorbell despite the complainant repeatedly telling him she wasn’t going to let him in and didn’t want him in her home. The victim claimed eventually that she said she would come out to give Johnson the egg rolls, which were inside the home. It is at this point, when she opened the door, that he shoved her inside. In the aftermath of the alleged battery the victim told Johnson he needed to leave. The police offense report details that she offered to leave the egg rolls by the car. The suspect has admitted to pushing the victim but also claimed she slapped him. Johnson is being held on remand at Santa Rosa County Jail on a $500 bond.

lol

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
https://6abc.com/florida-man-shot-and-killed-over-parking-space/3799234/

I just put in my birthday and got this incident which I remember causing a ruckus when it happened last year. I honestly wasn't expecting to see a Florida Man story that I instantly remembered given the sheer number of incidents out there

quote:

Saturday, July 21st, 2018CLEARWATER, Fla.
(WPVI) -- Police say a Florida man was shot and killed over a parking space.

Britany Jacobs says Michael Drejka confronted her after she parked in a handicap parking spot outside a convenience store in Clearwater.

Surveillance video shows Jacobs' boyfriend Markeis McGlockton leave the store to defend Jacobs.

He shoves Drejka to the ground.

Drejka then pulls out a gun and shoots McGlockton in the chest.

The father of three died a short time later.

The Sheriff's Department is not pressing charges against Drejka because of Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Reiche posted:

https://6abc.com/florida-man-shot-and-killed-over-parking-space/3799234/

I just put in my birthday and got this incident which I remember causing a ruckus when it happened last year. I honestly wasn't expecting to see a Florida Man story that I instantly remembered given the sheer number of incidents out there

quote:

He shoves Drejka to the ground.

Drejka then pulls out a gun and shoots McGlockton in the chest.

The Sheriff's Department is not pressing charges against Drejka because of Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

:stare:

Pushing someone to the ground and shooting them in the chest. No charges.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think these details will help clear it up:

*Shooter was white
*Victim was black

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No, it's A pushes B and B shoots A.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Florida-Man-Claims-Trump-Bumper-Sticker-Motivated-Road-Rage-Attack-415834343.html

quote:

Florida Man Claims Trump Bumper Sticker Motivated Road Rage Attack

Gregg Dunay was left beaten and bloody after he said he was the victim of a road rage attack in Pinellas County, Florida. Dunay claimed he was targeted for having a Trump bumper sticker and a Trump banner on his minivan.

He said the attack happened Wednesday when he tried to change lanes and another driver wouldn’t let him.

That’s when he said the situation escalated.

"He was cursing at me. He's saying 'F Trump,' 'F Trump's mother,' all this stuff and I just said that's why Trump is now our president, because of stuff like this," Dunay said.

Surveillance cameras then captured the suspects at a gas station parking lot down the street from where the incident started.

When Dunay stopped at the light, the other driver came out of nowhere and attacked, he said.

"I turn, and that's when he punched me," Dunay said.

The suspect then ran, leaving Dunay bloody and with no question about the motive.

"The Trump sticker and the Trump banner. That's all what it's about," Dunay said.

Kenneth City police confirmed it was definitely a case of road rage. But was it politically motivated as Dunay claims?

"That may be the case or not the case," said Chief Kevin Riley of Kenneth City police. "We're still investigating that and it will be a part of our investigation. Again, we're focused on the battery that occurred and finding the suspect or suspects."

Dunay, a huge Trump supporter, has been to eight rallies and the inauguration.

He believes that people need to accept that Trump is the president.

"He's our president," he said. "We got to get over it. You can change your mind in four years."

Most of the google results now are about the “Florida man challenge” so I had to scroll down a ways to find an actual story.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bogus Adventure posted:

I think these details will help clear it up:

*Shooter was white
*Victim was black

:hmmyes:

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Seeing that a cow is in the news for some mind numbingly dumb political circlejerk I googled "Florida cow" and:

"Florida Cracker Culture"

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

He was eventually charged, though.

He was also apparently in the habit of hanging around the store and picking fights about parking.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Florida woman shoplifts, masturbates in front of child on the way to jail

quote:

A Florida woman who was arrested in February after she told deputies her name was “Blacksheep Trouble Squarepants” is in hot water again.

Tami Lynn Bonefield, 45, was arrested on Monday after she shoplifted from a beauty supply store in Largo and assaulted several employees who tried to stop her, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.

Bonefield was captured on video concealing items in her pocket and punching and kicking Silky Beauty Supply employees when confronted.

Bonefield denied stealing anything from the store, but deputies found two items on her person. They had a combined value of less than $10.

Bonefield was then arrested and placed in a law enforcement van to be transported to jail.

While in route, Bonefield engaged in conversation of a sexual nature with a boy of less than 16 years of age who was also being transported.

Bonefield proceeded to expose her breasts to the minor, according to an arrest affidavit. The sexual comments continued as she pulled down her pants and exposed her genitals. Bonefield then masturbated while looking at the victim and continuing to make sexual comments, according to a deputy’s report.

Bonefield is charged with lewd and lascivious exhibition, resisting a merchant, battery and petit theft, according to the sheriff’s office. She is held on bonds totaling $11,300 at the Pinellas County Jail.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article228137119.html

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
If the v looks anything like that face, that boy got himself quite the show

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
do not come to Florida. it's the wild wild south down here. anything goes.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can do this with any set of numbers on a 2d grid btw non-nerds

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?
First hit for "Florida man April 18":

https://www.khq.com/news/mad-minute-stories-from-wednesday-april-th/article_0b249597-2d9a-5eef-bbe3-86c4b9aa21d7.html

(Miami Herald) A naked Florida man in a Publix parking lot kicked trash cans and jumped on and punched cars while screaming "I only had one beer!" cops say.

Indian River County sheriff's deputies arrested Jonathan Boettcher, 46, and charged him with disorderly public intoxication.

According to the arrest report, a deputy arrived at a Publix on U.S. 1 in Vero Beach Thursday night to find Boettcher swinging his arms and yelling while wearing no shirt and no underwear, but with basketball shorts around his ankles.

The deputy said Boettcher was sweating uncontrollably as he yelled "I only had one beer!" and "I only wanted to smoke some pot."

One witness told the deputy she had seen Boettcher screaming and fussing before kicking over the cigarette disposal on a trash can. After that Bruce Lee moment, she said, he entered Publix and shouted, "You're not the one!"

A second witness said Boettcher had been near the post office north of Publix, stopping traffic and punching cars before stripping off his clothes.

For his part, Boettcher told the deputy he'd had one beer and smoked part of a marijuana joint in the homeless camp behind Publix. As for dropping his pants, he claimed to be responding to a friend mooning him or indulging in behavior that was "the only way we would get him out of there."

They did. A judge sentenced him Friday to 45 days in county jail.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?
"I only had one beer! I only had one beer!" he continues to insist as he slowly transforms into a drunk naked Floridian

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Florida Man did bath salts and ate a guy's face off (May 26)
https://abcnews.go.com/US/face-eating-attack-possibly-linked-bath-salts-miami/story?id=16451452

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Police: Florida man’s murder was really elaborate suicide by balloon

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
my birthday, June 22: "Nude Florida man burns himself while dancing in flames, chanting 'gibberish'"

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

quote:

Florida Woman Crashes Into Home After Closing Eyes To Pray While Driving

Jesus take the wheel?

A woman in Florida who is charged with reckless driving after running a stop sign and driving her car into the side of a house told police she was praying with her eyes closed at the time of the accident.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-florida-man-rigged-door-attempt-to-electrocute-pregnant-wife/

I don't know what to say about this. But it happened on my birthday, so here we go.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Florida man charged in naked rake attack

(WFLA/NBC News) A Florida man is recovering from several wounds after fighting off a naked intruder armed with a rake.

Deputies say Maurice Castaneda, not wearing a stitch of clothes, barged into Bill and Crystal Colwell's New Port Richey home.

"Looked up and here's a naked guy in my house and I instantly start screaming 'get out of my house' and he didn't get out," Bill Colwell said.

Bill shoved him into the side yard. He said Castaneda grabbed his rake.

"He shattered it a few times, because I think the last time might have been over my head, 'cause I got a couple of lumps on my head," Bill said.

Crystal tossed her husband a hatchet, but he had a better weapon in his truck.

A hammer. “The guy bowed up and said, 'what are you going to do with that?' And Billie hit him and he just kept coming at Billie and Billie just kept hitting him,” said Crystal.
“This dude could have killed me, he would have killed me. He was aggressively coming at me. Even with weapons in my hand, he had no fear,” said Bill.

Castaneda retrieved his boxers from a nearby swamp and took off.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A Florida man mistakenly received a $980K tax refund, and officials say he tried to keep it

quote:

Taxpayer refunds are sent out in batches via an expedited electronic system, Pine explained. If a refund is red-flagged, it ought to prompt a closer examination by an IRS employee who “should have immediately and proactively stopped the refund from being issued based on the obvious discrepancy between the income reported of $18,497 and the refund generated of $980,000.”

Alright, a story where Florida Man isn't a criminal for once!

quote:

According to court records, Blanchett pleaded guilty in 2016 to possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting an officer without violence, both first-degree misdemeanors. In 2014, he was charged with possession of marijuana, also a first-degree misdemeanor, but the judge withheld adjudication, so he was not convicted of a crime.

Well, he didn't commit the crime he's in the news for so that's good enough for me!

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Florida woman farts in store, threatens to ‘gut’ man who complains

quote:

A Florida woman is accused of pulling a knife and threatening a man who complained after she farted loudly in a Dollar General checkout line.

Shanetta Yvette Wilson, 37, of Dania Beach, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to Broward County jail records. She remained in jail Wednesday in lieu of $2,500 bond.

A Broward County Sheriff’s Office complaint affidavit, obtained by the Miami Herald, said that Wilson was in line at a Dania Beach Dollar General Sunday evening when she passed gas.

John Walker, the customer next to her in line, got into an argument with her about her “farting loudly,” the affidavit said.

The court document stated that Wilson pulled a knife from her purse, “opened the knife and told the victim she was going to ‘gut’ him,” the Herald reported.

Walker told police officers he became afraid he would be stabbed when Wilson pulled back the hand holding the knife as though she would stab him with it, the document said.

The Herald reported that after Walker called 911, officers found Wilson a few blocks away and took her into custody.

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/police-florida-woman-farts-store-threatens-gut-man-who-complains/wk21GQVmSZ193349PfSl1N/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

JnnyThndrs posted:

(WFLA/NBC News) A Florida man is recovering from several wounds after fighting off a naked intruder armed with a rake.

Deputies say Maurice Castaneda, not wearing a stitch of clothes, barged into Bill and Crystal Colwell's New Port Richey home.

"Looked up and here's a naked guy in my house and I instantly start screaming 'get out of my house' and he didn't get out," Bill Colwell said.

"He shattered it a few times, because I think the last time might have been over my head, 'cause I got a couple of lumps on my head," Bill said.

A hammer. “The guy bowed up and said, 'what are you going to do with that?' And Billie hit him and he just kept coming at Billie and Billie just kept hitting him,” said Crystal.
“This dude could have killed me, he would have killed me. He was aggressively coming at me. Even with weapons in my hand, he had no fear,” said Bill.

How is a hammer better than a hatchet.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
A thread so fun I tried to post two of them.

"Florida Man, 23, Nabbed After Trying To Swap Pot For McDonald's Drive-Thru Chow"

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

JnnyThndrs posted:

Of COURSE this took place in New Port Richey.

For those who don't know, New Port Richey is a community in Pasco county and Pasco mostly consists of a wasteland of trailers and pillheads sandwiched between the good ol'boy part of west-central FL that leads to Ocala and the actual cities in Clearwater/St. Petersburg/Tampa. It somehow combines the worst of both worlds with all of the trailer trash racist run-down rural decay poo poo you find a few minutes farther north, and all of the mouth-frothing drug fueled insanity and awful drivers you see closer to the cities further south. The only even slightly decent places to live there only exist if you are either over 55 or a WASP with most new development in the form of McMansion gated communities inland on the far eastern side of the county, as far from the Gulf coast and the hellscape that is US 19 as possible. If you're wondering why old rich people would want to live AWAY from the coast instead of ON the coast it's because there are no beaches, only gross water and sinkholes. The stretch of US 19 that the little shitstain Pasco towns like Hudson, Port Richey, and New Port Richey exist on is so famously bad it's been ranked one of the worst stretches of highway in the ENTIRE UNITED STATES. Locals say that Highway 19 is cursed because it was built on top of an old Indian burial ground, and I think they're only half-joking.

The only part of Pasco county that is even slightly redeemable is Wesley Chapel, and even that doesn't offer much besides being a decent suburb that is close enough to Tampa that the morning commute is tolerable. It's overpriced and the traffic sucks, but at least you're less likely to have a naked methed-out man burst into your house with a rake :shrug:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

extra row of teeth posted:

Of COURSE this took place in New Port Richey.

For those who don't know, New Port Richey is a community in Pasco county and Pasco mostly consists of a wasteland of trailers and pillheads sandwiched between the good ol'boy part of west-central FL that leads to Ocala and the actual cities in Clearwater/St. Petersburg/Tampa. It somehow combines the worst of both worlds with all of the trailer trash racist run-down rural decay poo poo you find a few minutes farther north, and all of the mouth-frothing drug fueled insanity and awful drivers you see closer to the cities further south.

Lol no wonder it's on Live PD

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Lol no wonder it's on Live PD

I think context makes Florida Man stories all the sweeter. I've lived all over Tampa Bay, from the rural northern tip in Brooksville to the coolest and most diverse city of the region 1 1/2 hours south of that in St. Petersburg, and Port Richey was just #1 Worst in Everything.

To contribute to the thread, let's do Florida Man Birthday edition:

My birthday: Florida man wanted to prove independence to mom, so he tried to rob a gas station :http://www.nbc12.com/2019/01/22/florida-man-wanted-prove-independence-mom-so-he-tried-rob-gas-station-police-say/

Hmm...that's not a bad start but not Florida Manny enough, let's try again. One day before my birthday, a little warmer:

Florida man, woman run over by patrol car while lying in road to watch eclipse: http://www.wtvm.com/2019/01/21/florida-man-woman-run-over-by-patrol-car-while-lying-road-watch-eclipse/

Ok none of these are nuts enough, how about one story so bizarre that it sticks out in my memory:

Florida Man Fucks Stuffed Horse In A Walmart and Puts It Back: (can't find an article since Brooksville is country as gently caress so here's the best I can do): https://www.discussionist.com/101475656

I shopped at that Wal-Mart all the time. :barf:

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Milo and POTUS posted:

How is a hammer better than a hatchet.

Maybe the dude thought he was Thor or some poo poo?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

JnnyThndrs posted:

Maybe the dude thought he was Thor or some poo poo?

Honestly? If there’s a crazy motherfucker in my house and I have to incapacitate him without a gun or pepper spray, a hammer would probably be better than a hatchet.

You’re not a medieval warrior with a weapon that gives +10 str, you are flailing around wildly against a psycho. Would you rather knock him out, or just piss him off by getting a few nasty cuts in on him that he doesn’t even feel thanks to the same pain pill street drug combo that compelled him to break into your house in the first place?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man walked into a Florida gas station and punched a 13-year-old stranger unconscious.
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s officials say the girl was inside a convenience store Saturday afternoon while her parents pumped gas outside. They say Kolbe Smith walked into the store and punched the girl in the face, causing her to fall to the ground. Authorities say Smith was not provoked and did not know the girl.
Several citizens stood outside the store and detained Smith until deputies arrived.
Authorities say 27-year-old Smith repeatedly resisted arrest so they deployed their Taser. They say he later admitted he was on LSD.
He is charged with aggravated child abuse, violation of probation felony battery and resisting arrest without violence.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

extra row of teeth posted:

Honestly? If there’s a crazy motherfucker in my house and I have to incapacitate him without a gun or pepper spray, a hammer would probably be better than a hatchet.

You’re not a medieval warrior with a weapon that gives +10 str, you are flailing around wildly against a psycho. Would you rather knock him out, or just piss him off by getting a few nasty cuts in on him that he doesn’t even feel thanks to the same pain pill street drug combo that compelled him to break into your house in the first place?

a hatchet is literally a hammer with a wedged blade, what are you on about

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Sorry guys, I've got the winning birthday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I was reading this thread 8 or 9 hours ago before leaving for work. Minutes later while driving to work I got bored of my usual listening so I decided to flip through random AM radio stations to see what was going on with them, and I caught part of some show, by sheer coincidence, talking about this Florida man story: https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20170421/gumbo-seasoning-argument-leads-to-slaying-by-sword

quote:

Bay County man faces life in prison for murder of seafood vendor co-worker with a “decorative sword”

PANAMA CITY — A seafood vendor employee was convicted Thursday of murder for fatally stabbing a co-worker with a “decorative sword” over gumbo seasoning.

Orlando Ricardo Thompson, 27, was found guilty of second-degree murder as charged in the June 2015 death of 33-year-old Caleb Joshua Halley. The evidence in the case had been argued for almost two years since an argument erupted over gumbo seasoning behind Buddy’s Seafood Market, 111 State 79, and escalated into the stabbing.