Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«367 »
The White Dragon
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gripweed posted:

I agree with the guy who said Basch should've been one of those alligator dudes

balthier shouldve been a bangaa

either make cid his adoptive father, or make cid a bangaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Gripweed posted:

I agree with the guy who said Basch should've been one of those alligator dudes

Would the bit where Vaan runs around declaring "I'm Captain Basch!" have him in a lovely homemade bangaa costume or just remain as is, because I can't decide which would be better.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Vaan running around like a conspiracy raving whino is the best thing about FF12.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

People talk about FF12 plenty.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

FFXII makes the world feel huge even compared to FFXV and a lot livelier too.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

How are people measuring the amount that FF games are talked about? Like, are they just going based off this one thread...?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

gigglefeimer posted:

How are people measuring the amount that FF games are talked about? Like, are they just going based off this one thread...?

This and dozens of other FF threads/forums I've perused for 17 years. Not exactly authoritative but I'm not writing a paper, just mentioning my impression of the FF fandom.

Of course I grant that we can see entirely different corners of the fandom.Like how Endorph said people really like Snow and Vanille which doesn't match up with any FF community I've ever belonged to. They'e always been the most hated FFXIII characters by a wide margin where I post, including this thread but many other forums as well.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012
jokes

I just really wish FFXII was a bit harder, but the system definitely seems like if it was going to be harder they’d just make it tedious (like Yiazmat) so I appreciate the automation and junk for allowing me to just cruise through from plot point to plot point with my if-then statement scripting. I do enjoy the FF7R gameplay a lot and I’d love for that with a job system to be the next FF game. gently caress, man.

NikkolasKing posted:

This and dozens of other FF threads/forums I've perused for 17 years. Not exactly authoritative but I'm not writing a paper, just mentioning my impression of the FF fandom.

Of course I grant that we can see entirely different corners of the fandom.Like how Endorph said people really like Snow and Vanille which doesn't match up with any FF community I've ever belonged to. They'e always been the most hated FFXIII characters by a wide margin where I post, including this thread but many other forums as well.

Generally when you see a community of people on the internet talk about a specific thing it doesn’t at all indicate what the general feel is. With FF, you’ll get a lot of people who are eager to talk poo poo or gush about them because who else would be talking about a FF game on the internet? People who didn’t cry when Aerith died? Those unfeeling psychopaths?

jokes fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 6, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Keep on keeping on.

https://twitter.com/themoboxer/stat...1062488072?s=20

I am so sorry for showing you this but this Barret impression is so good that I must post

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Rasler getting shot in the neck right through that stupid hole in his armor is always the funniest moment of Final Fantasy XII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well I finished FF2. The last 1/3 of the game just wasn't fun. I liked a lot of the characters though. Too bad most of them died. I'm glad Leila survived. She was cool.

Also I discovered that aside from Toading most of the bosses you really can just mash Attack through the whole thing. The Blood Sword kills the Emperor in like 4 hits lol.

I'm glad I played it but I will likely never play it again.

Thanks for all the help you all gave me. I didn't have to look at guides much and I'm glad because I hate having to rely on guides. I only looked up a couple things because they weren't obvious.

I'm taking a break from FF games for a while. I think 9 might be my next one though. I got the Steam version on a sale a while back. I'm super spoiled by speed up buttons so I can't imagine playing another version.

Every time someone completes FF2, I gain power.

«367 »