Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I love Mystic Quest because every enemy has an injured sprite and some of them are so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It's a very ambitious game that did not pan out

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Either that or a pokemon

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Picking the wrong barrel in the church instantly kills her but the game goes on

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

zakharov posted:

[The FF I played at age 12] is the best is also a truism

I was 14 when IX came out :colbert:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

For all of 2's faults I can at least appreciate the ambition, the 3 remake is just bad

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

15's main cast is one of the best in the series

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Who's Doctor Tot?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Space Fish posted:

Hahaha, I just tried looking it up on youtube and "Crazy Chocobo" definitely wasn't it, then I tried "Groovy Chocobo" and hot drat!

The closest I've ever heard to this kind of take was something from OverClocked Remix. You may have just sealed the deal for me - even if the gameplay becomes lackluster, I'm always down for a killer soundtrack. *sighs wistfully in Octopath*

No, Crazy Chocobo is the good one

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

if ignis and gladio aren't constantly on fire you aren't playing the game right

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

So for the marsh cave in FF1 remaster is it always 4 piscodemons in the treasure chest now that it's a monster in a box? My dumb rear end is doing a 4 white mage party and 4 of those is a bit uhhh... rough

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I managed to beat the 4 piscodemons with my 4 white mages, but even stacking blink/invis/protect on all of them I feel like if one of them gets ganged up on too much they're basically dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I did it, I Killed Chaos. I did originally start 4 white mage and did have plans to go back to that one day but seeing how buff Chaos is now I dunno if I'd go as far as to say it's impossible in this version but it definitely does not sound like an enjoyable time so I think I'm gonna shelf that one. Somehow missed two enemies somewhere and four treasure chests in the chaos shrine but that should be simple enough to finish out the 100% achievements :toot: