Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
S: Lightning in Lightning Returns
A: Lightning in XIII-2
B: Lightning in XIII
C: Lightning in Dissidia
D: Lightning in XIV
F: Lightning in World of Final Fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

rujasu posted:

No, F is Dodging Lightning in FFX

drat I've been undone.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Why did you all think Tifa dresses like Woody in the Nibelheim flashbacks?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

No, Aranea goes from enemy to friend in like .5 seconds.

Probably upset about what they did to Jared

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Imagine...Square of all companies having an organisational issue...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The best part of 13 is that it eventually gave us Lightning Returns, so maybe in 25 years we'll get Aranea Returns.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Post optimal Turtles Per Minute strats.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

The whole comparison is stupid and dumb and bad.

Kinda like the MCU and FF games.

COINCIDENCE???

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
A Yeul who could do a Triple Lindy

A Yeul who was anti-vax

A Yeul who enjoyed Final Fantasy VIII

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In conclusion, the XIII series is a land of contrasts.

Meow Meow

Choco-Chow

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

Everything about A2 owns except Luso's clothes.

If you find yourself in a fantasy world you should immediately dress as hosed up as possible to establish yourself as the main character.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cleretic posted:

I don't want that much responsibility, but I also don't want to miss anything. I'm going to dress in something that's overall normal but with a clear visual motif, and slot myself in as a prominent secondary character.

Playing a dangerous game there. What if you're the secondary character that dies in order to motivate the main character to action?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ninjewtsu posted:

When will square make A3

If they start now they might release a half-finished 40th revision of it by late 2031.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Kimari should be more horny if anyone.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Die Sexmonster! posted:

30 minutes, Tifa is nowhere to be found

She's in the battle menu in the bottom right. It's only been a couple of years though so she doesn't have a model yet.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In a very Mike Tyson voice: 'Aerith'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I think there's a much more interesting story to tell with Tifa where the reason she doesn't contradict Cloud's story is because she's not sure if she's the one who is all hosed up. After all she went through a lot of trauma too, and if anything Cloud's version of events make more sense since he claims to be a Soldier who went to Nibelheim and he actually is a strong as gently caress dude with mako eyes who has first-hand knowledge of the events there.

Anyways you can read all about it in my fan project which will be released in approximately 12 years, just before the official remake.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
My favorite town is Dorter Trade City because I suspect if you were somehow able to arrange every town in the Final Fantasy series by amount of player tears generated it would be at the top.

Or maybe Academia 400 AF.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I feel like I had a really hard time with Lost Number in the Shinra Safe, but I played it a couple years ago and I don't even remember it being a roadblock at all so I'm going to say I was just young and stupid.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It all makes more sense if you see the cut ending where Seifer is a small child staring at a snowglobe of Balamb Garden.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2zTJGOreFc

3/3

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's going on at the end there?

You're watching the game suck in real time

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In my mind Mako Eyes were like super hosed up or glowed in the dark or something which is why everyone in the game keeps commenting on them. So the most disappointing thing about the trailers to me is that his eyes are just like, kinda green.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Episode 1 is just from the start to Guard Scorpion. The game ends right as Cloud says "Attack while its tail is up...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe they beat a bunch of interns with belts and zippers until they remade FF8 from scratch.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

JBP posted:

Man I just realised the FF7 summons are going to be awesome

Order that $330 edition cause you're gonna wanna see Carbuncle

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Aeris wasn't going to live long enough to do the studies he wanted to do so just breed her with a species that lives a really long time!

GaLaXy BrAiN

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1138538061686378496

Rest
In
Pieces

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
An entire disc devoted to Dio running around the gold saucer in his speedo. Lovingly rendered in 16k definition.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Star Man posted:

So what do they do if this falls flat on its face? They can't just kill it like they did to FF14 and fix it this time.

Well if FF15 continued support is anything to go by they will literally just say 'we aren't doing this anymore' and then stop.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The biggest sin of Legend of Dragoon is that Albert replaces a guy who's name was LAVITZ SLAMBERT, one of the great video game names of our time.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Leal posted:

Yeah, I'd rather look at Fran's shapely rear end the entire game.

I have great news for you about the upcoming FF14 expansion then

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Going through the sandsea in 12 like oh, you decided to cast magic? Lol guess you're dead now gg no re.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Phantasium posted:

his dad hosed so hard he turned to stone

Hard as a rock in life and in death

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
2021: The second part of the remake will be Kalm through Temple of the Ancients, please look forward to it soon
2022: The second part of the remake will be Kalm through Junon, please look forward to it soon
2023: We've begun work on the second part, which is Kalm and the Chocobo Ranch, look for more news soon
2024: We've started over on the second part, which will just be the Kalm flashback, in order to really get it correct

2031: They cave and outsource the work to Yoko Taro.
2032: The second part is released. It is the entire rest of the game. Sephiroth is now a big-bapped anime girl. Cloud kills Aeris under the control of Jenova and you must input the button commands yourself. The final boss is a top-down twin-stick shooter. The end of the game you go back in time and become the first Ancient. Dio from the Gold Saucer becomes a party member. There are no saves you must beat the game in one sitting. Cait Sith is replaced with Emil.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yeah that's nice, but that third slot can also be Lightning. Or a different Lightning. Or uh,... Jihl Nabaat. Come on guys you all remember Jihl Nabaat right? She does that one thing one time? And uh, I think maybe she dies at some point?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There is a glitch you can use to get infinite date points with Barret to guarantee it.

Note that if you actually get infinite date points with Barret you will break the game so if you look it up stop after like 50 points or whatever.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
FFXIV twitter boldly claims steps have been taken so there won't be a Raubahn Extreme this time around.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Nessus posted:

I thought they'd said that they were setting it up so there weren't any solo duties for the first leg of the quest which is probably enough to reduce that particular point of failure, though perhaps not remove it.

Since that's what hosed up that particular situation, there was a solo instance really early on.

They're saying there are still instanced duties, but it will actually queue now instead of everyone spamming hoping they get in.

Edit: And the usual instanced zones, autologging out idle people, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

A Sometimes Food posted:

The Ardyn dlc sucks and is a stark reminder that the FF15 team is also largely the Third Birthday team.

And at the end it is revealed that Ardyn is a 12 year old girl and also you get to see him shower and have his clothes torn off.

Start jailing people from the Third Birthday team.