Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Violet_Sky posted:

I like FFX's story but Jecht is kinda a dick. How the gently caress did his wife stand him?

Kinda assuming a bit about Jecht’s marital status there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Her bio says she’s from a defunct state north of Rosaria and she’s basically a political hostage. She could even be Ifrit, sent there as a ticking time bomb.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Bonaventure posted:

Yoshi-P being led down a darkened hallway to receive a promotion, and to meet the Mindflayer that ate Matsuno's sanity and hungers again

Can that Mindflayer pay me back for the $20 I put on Unsung Story?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

FF16’s crystals are a part of the world’s geography, which, yeah, shape the history of a world more than anything else. Does this mean Clive Shardbert Rosfield’s goal of revenge will culminate in catastrophic terraforming?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

CyberConnect makes really great cutscenes in games that feel like rear end to actually play. I lived and breathed .hack and G.U. was a formulative game for me, but I have no desire to go back.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Come on, Kujata!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

It actually caused people to get kinda mad at it, because they weren't expecting the game to come out of nowhere with backstories they were expected to read and characters who die horrible painful deaths without the player character being able to save them.

No, it didn’t. Where did you read anyone complaining about having a more developed story?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I see. Apologies.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

XVI looks to have several militant religious factions, with at least one pope equivalent between them, and an inevitably doomed universalist city at the center of them all.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I hope in Re2 Vincent’s hair is incredible and he continues to have absolutely no rear end. Just a a coat rack profile up and down.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I bought three systems to play a single game, and then it was FF15.

But I actually played other games on them too, so it was all around a good deal.

Edit: To be clear, I love 15 for what it is. A mess, yes, but a pretty one.

DrakePegasus fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 13, 2021

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Dissidia 4 Real This Time

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

They have WARMECH but no gunblades?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I’ve legit never felt “I don’t want that to exist” about a game before. Today is full of new emotions for me.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I live in schlock. This looks ugly and insincere.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I had a good meal and a nap, and I no longer believe this game is a slight against me personally. I hope other people find things to enjoy about it.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I thought 13-2 made perfect sense, but I was coming off of my first experience with Doctor Who. And that other popular, contentious series about time travel.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Two weeks ago I picked up ffxv for PC and gently caress, I'm trapped in fetchquest hell

Just chill out and enjoy the trip! Listen to some old jams. Take pics of Gladio’s rear end.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Are Japanese fanbases just generally less susceptible to pervasive dumb memes? Because I've realised that every single result of Japanese polls and fan responses I've seen (not just in FF, for any game) are... you know, not dumb.

Can you ever ask a question that’s not dismissive of something? You reach as far as you can to put something or someone down in every post you make in every thread you’re in, ever.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Okay then.

Thank you. I don’t want to put you down or naysay you like other people do in threads, it just makes me feel bad sometimes.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

The remix is nice, but that was my first time seeing the font and the class upgrade sprites. They’re horrible!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

How about Troia from 4? Beautiful water, beautiful people, friendly flying birds a walk through the forest away. A matriarchal system of government based on group decisions for the common good. And best of all, nothing actually bad happens to it. No real plot at all, really.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

More like Zorn-and-Thorny.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

The only good time travel is what used to be DBZ’s version, also used in Shadowbringers: you change that timeline’s future but your own still exists.

I haven’t watched Dragon Ball Super but my impression of others who have tells me its time travel went off the rails.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

In the DS version Edward is holding his wife’s still-warm corpse as a six year old calls him a coward and tells him to move on.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nope. The entire point of it is to be just Fine and Playable. What it has over Sage is sage is going to be a fiddly micro-management nightmare to heal with and SCH just says "Just shield them idiot!". Much like white mage is Just Fine compared to the Healer playing a full set of YuGiOh over each pull.

Are you a Scholar main? I’m definitely not, but it was very noticeable when every other class had something cool added to them. I don’t think it’s an invalid complaint.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I’ve turned the corner on SoP. Being Garland just kind of makes everything click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Too bad about that dysfunction.