Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
darkja has to be the single dumbest thing an enemy can do in a final fantasy game

i'm mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Mustached Demon posted:

Zodiark? Jerk fish will use it more if have all three characters immune to dark.

he'll use it in increasingly frequent intervals even without that and its a 1/16 instant active party wipe roll in the best case scenario

i think the only comparably stupid move is meteor when used by ozma in ff9 with bad damage rolls so take your pick on whether it's stupider to you to scramble out your b-team before another wipe or hope for a 40% chance phoenix summon if youre a grind fiend

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i may or may not be lashing out bc i lost 3 shelled characters and then 2 reserve shelled characters in 2 casts during the paling stage and just couldnt control the bleeding

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
how about an invisible promptless diamond armlet chest w/ an 80% gil rate and 1% spawn rate

could you imagine

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the bestiary in ff12 is seriously the coolest poo poo lol

it's my favorite execution of the concept outside of the metroid prime series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i haven't but that sounds cute

i'm a big fan of consistence voice in lore, a recent game that nailed that was outer wilds which took it to an extent i haven't really seen before where you got entire stories and character relationships and arcs spelt out in the same breath as the worldbuilding their writing was giving out. so more material along those lines is cool by me