Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bregor posted:

selphie_riding_doomtrain.jpg

Am I making this up or does Selphie start out with the highest affinity with doomtrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

what is wrong with people

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They're all like 17/18

I guess you don't have to wait long to retake the exam

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Matthews posted:

Were Seifer's pants that high in the original version?

Will this censorship never end.....

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 7, 2019

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest I'd be ok with a little memory loss if it let me summon doomtrain

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think I ever knew that reading Timber Maniacs magazines affects a couple of the Laguna dreams

FF Wiki posted:

Repercussions
- If the player reads the Timber Maniacs #1 from the hotel before the first Laguna flashback, the scene in Julia's room will change and Laguna will fall asleep, because he's had too much wine. If the player reads the magazine from train station or no magazine at all, he will only talk too much. Kiros's line about visiting the hotel pub will also be affected as he will give him grief about his lightweightedness beforehand. The entry that gets added to Selphie's Sir Laguna's Page depends on which issue the player picks up.
-If the player reads Timber Maniacs #9 before the Laguna flashback taking place in the Vienne Mountains, Ward will not appear alongside Laguna and Kiros. If the player doesn't read the magazine before the event, Ward will appear in the flashback.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe Quistis' tutorials are bad on purpose to show the player why she got fired as an instructor

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How does it work in XIV/do different regions have different rules or anything?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Petrified/carded enemies don't give exp so I guess you could junction break to status attack or something if you really cared about that stuff

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's an alternate timeline where they made Kimahri a catgirl and she is the most popular character and everyone always spells her name correctly

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sadly no one has ever seen the Kimahri snow mobile scene

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It was probably a good idea in XIII because if someone was getting 0 stars in every single battle you'd think it would help them take a step back and figure out what they're doing wrong

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think always having access to the speed toggle makes normal speed seem super slow when it's honestly fine. Like in XII I was eventually turning on x4 just to walk around town or w/e which is a little silly

But I guess drawing in VIII can take forever

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just meant with specific magic like triple or w/e because I'm not refining my character cards

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also talking to anyone during the mission/disobeying Seifer/not saving the dog

It'd be cool if they did more stuff with the SeeD rankings. It felt good getting a rank up if you did the train mission perfectly

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Put PuPu in every FF

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The remaster should've had a new sidequest where Lulu leaves Wakka for Paine just imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Batman might also work better with Wakka as The Joker

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm probably just bad at it but Trema really gave me a lot of trouble

I think all the guides from the PS2 days say to use some glitch with the catnip accessory which isn't possible in the remaster

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Any FF with Kimahri can't be the horniest

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought Xenoblade 2 was pretty cool with its Welsh cat people (and Scottish VAs for Ardainians)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 19, 2019

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's just for the festivalist dressphere which has like a traditional japanese thing going on

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gologle posted:

If I were in charge of FF7R, there wouldn't be an FF7R.

Same but because I'd turn it into FF8R

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

People have made sphere break solvers where you pause the game/input the numbers and it'll tell you what to do but I'm phone posting so I can't really search for one (I think the one I originally used isn't around anymore)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Replace Red XIII with Nia from Xenoblade 2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are those screenshots from the game

i don't think I've ever seen a more realistic finger (thumb???)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The rock was XV, please do not slander the good name of FFXIII

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/655096152954572803

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You're missing out if you're not hearing english Ignis come up with new recipes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

VIII and IX being slow is fine because they have extremely good battle themes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The junctioning tutorials are bad on purpose so when Quistis tells you she lost her job as instructor you're like "well, yeah"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

thought I'd finally gotten over Jared's death and now you've gone and reopened that wound......

Jared!!!!!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In FF years Jared died at the ripe old age of 25

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it's the people with names like Cindy or David or w/e that are the weird ones in FF land

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FF is easily one of my favourite series but I still haven't played 5 or 6

I think I was really hoping for remakes of both of them back when 3/4 DS came out (that was my first time playing IV and I loved it) but I guess they went the mobile port route instead

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I think there's another dissidia one that is literally just a shirt and it looks so much better than his strange metal vest

i still think basch has the worst outfit of the XII crew though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How ironic......

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Reading these scripts reminds me how much I liked Cid + Balthier's VAs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's wrong with Lightning

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sapozhnik posted:

Lightning Fang and Sazh are all good and likable characters. They make a pretty crap combat party though.

I got the platinum trophy and that was my team, I think you can use pretty much any combination of characters in XIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think people would like chocobo hot & cold if it had different music