Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Part of the reason I love the final fantasies is their willingness to go crazy with ideas and worlds, from polynesia FFX, whatever the gently caress you'd call FFVIII, to even Americana FFXV, and what we've seen so far is very much generic fantasy world with GOT style intrigue and everything's very solemn and serious, but on the plus side we know very little about the setting so far outside the small trailer.

I do hope it's not just FF14 but single player though, I love that game but I have just spent 40 hours playing it and don't really need to revisit the same ideas again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
I think maybe the other thing that seems missing is a party? Lots of combat that looked like ff15 but solo, so that might have helped make it more witcher 3/dark souls seque.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

Leal posted:

What if you mix the best scene from FFX with the best song from FFVIII?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBuUsODscSs
Thanks for introducing this to me, because I've now discovered all the others and the Dancing Mad cover has broken my brain.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Clive is god drat the worst name for a dramatic hero that I've ever heard. It's going to take a lot of time for me to not associate that with old folks home.