Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's not my favorite FF but Mystic Quest gets a worse rap than it deserves

It’s not awful but it was made for kids and it shows.

I do love that box art though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Thief is so awful in 1 but I don’t want to restart

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m finding one really grindy. I’m in the elf village and everything costs a kings ransom and every drat enemy is poisoning me which of course persists outside of battle :argh:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Which version are you playing? The original NES version is grindy as heck in terms of money but the PSP remake is way more generous.

PS1

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Anyone try the FF7 retranslation?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The real answer is to reccomend FF1

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

And during the PSX times they got some cult classics out, like Legend of Mana, SaGa Frontier, Chrono Cross, and Xenogears. I'm sure I missed a few notables as well.

The 90s were such a great time for jrpgs

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

About to start FF2 for the first time and I understand it’s kinda bad?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Red Red Blue posted:

It's a very ambitious game that did not pan out

What’s bad about it? I’m going to power through it regardless but I kinda want to know what I’m in for.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Should I just break II on my first play through? The mechanics sound poorly implemented and frustrating.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpbVkfboD-4&t=1234s

Yeah, listen to the sound effects if the animations aren't clear enough.

I don’t know why but that guy chiming in with “is he beating her up?” has me rolling haha

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I want them to go back to nameless PCs like in FF1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Does Tactics Advance ever get difficult? I’m breezing through it so far and I usually suck poo poo at video games