Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
The Final Fantasy youtube put up a video on the creation, of Final Fantasy IX,the developers share anecdotes and stories. Looks neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdsqEurMd2I

dbzfandiego fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I didn't defend Cecil as an interesting name, I think that's also a pretty boring name. But at the same time it's also exactly perfect for that character, the name 'Cecil' just has a very specific vibe to me that exactly fits that character.

And I'm making completely earnest observations and guesses about these characters. Jill is absolutely going to either be the standout of the first act, or dead before the tutorial messages stop. Joshua gives me nothing but 'obscure post-SotN Castlevania' vibes. And Clive gives me absolutely nothing except for bafflement at why they'd specifically pick 'Clive', a name you wouldn't pick without meaning to, but at least to me, only means 'tedious white guy'.

Just admit this game rubs you the wrong way at the outset, I mean I also don't like the general atheistic of this game and this new info is not changing that.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Gologle posted:

You people complaining about the font never played FF14 unscaled on the PS4 huh. At least you can read the font here.

Both things can be bad.