Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, I bit the bullet and bought the 12 remaster for Switch today, already a little bit in after exploring all over the starter city. Aside from watching the first few hours of it from an LP, I’m pretty much blind. Anything in particular I should be warned about in advance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Granted, FF4 DS was also ridiculously hard. Especially those loving flame hounds.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So I just got to the part in 12 where you’re sent off to chase after Penelo in another city. I already took the only airship out of Rabanstre, but the only completely new area I could get to from that town was blocked off. Am I supposed to just go into the older area and just blindly wander around until I hit the plot destination?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m kind of bracing for whatever’s going to happen with the Wall Market arc whenever the remake reaches it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Back with another FF12 question.

I just got through the Leviathan, but after the end of that, both Ashe and Fran were Silenced... And using Echo Herbs on them didn’t work, for whatever reason. Without getting into spoilers: Is that just a story thing, or a bug? It’s kind of a pain in my rear end because they were my black and white mages.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Are you in the desert now? I'm trying to figure out exactly where you are. There is a time when Fran gets a status effect on her via plot.

And did you put the Manufactured Nethicite Larsa gives you on one of them? It halves all elemental damage but you have permanent Silence on whoever is wearing it.

Ahh, yeah, I’m in the desert right after you do the plot stuff directly after the Leviathan.

And yeah, I think I did equip that on at least one of them.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’ll admit, back when I got the GBA port of FF1, Lich was probably my biggest roadblock. Once I got through him, the only other hitch I can remember was finding the caravan you needed to buy something from for the airship.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

No, no, that would be too sensible.

Something like Bravely Default, where (IIRC) your speed stat is actually just the median of a kinda large range of values that gets rolled for behind the scenes for all of your characters every turn.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

You just know that there’s someone who made unironic fan art of him wielding the Buster Sword

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Flare, Nanoflare, Megaflare, Gigaflare, Teraflare, Exaflare, Zettaflare.

With every iteration, the caster becomes increasingly ruggedly handsome and obsessed with math.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Sephiroth's a chump who gets owned by some random country hick.

IIRC, one of those short stories they released around the time of Advent Children even outright says that his anger at Cloud for beating him at the mako reactor is literally the only thing letting him persist by that point

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

jokes posted:

Yeah that’s a weird first entry I’d argue the most final fantasy of final fantasies is FFV with the caveat that it’s old and more explicitly for children rather than later entries which are more for, well, others

Even then, 5 still throws some emotional gut punches, though on the whole it’s still one of the lightest-hearted games.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should play 5 so I can get the Krile references

TBH, the name is literally the only thing that FF14 Krile has in common with her; they otherwise have completely different personalities and backstories, as far as I know up to the Shadowbringers leveling quests.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m nearing the climax of Shadowbringers leveling.

Did “embarrassing Alphinaud” become one of the Warrior of Light’s official duties? :allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And there are a fair few NPCs who are pretty clearly other jobs from the rest of the series that aren’t strictly playable for PCs.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

FFVR: All music is various mixes of Battle on Big Bridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

All-Umaro run could probably be easier than all-Berserker if whoever did it could kludge in his accessory attacks