Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Maybe this time the thread won't be garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Algus is a good villain because his type actually exists in the real world, you know that there are Algus' out there right now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I hope Looper is never in charge of a video game that I might play.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdsqEurMd2I

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I read somewhere a long while back that Gackt is no longer a fan of S-E, so if he doesn't want his likeness associated with them anymore I think they will probably just cut out that stuff entirely. IMO, they should do that regardless.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Cleretic really doesn't like FFXV for some reason.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Don't reply to things like that, I just assume people who say Noct is broody have never actually played the game themselves, cus he's really not, and the few times where you can say that of him he's pretty justified, i.e finding out your dad is dead, seeing your gf dead, finding out you were born just to die, knowing people keep dying because you exist. On the roadtrip part of the game he's exceedingly average personality wise.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I looked up the ending of Episode Ardyn cus I'm going to play it anyway and I don't care about spoilers, and man, it's hosed up.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
To summarize Episode Ardyn and Final Fantasy XV as a whole, I suppose: The moral is the exact opposite of the other Final Fantasy games.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
What I saw of Episode Ardyn's ending was very hosed up and left me with an uneasy feeling in my gut, so I went ahead and watched someone's playthrough of it (it's about 2 hours long, no big deal). Something I never felt like I had to do with any of the other Episodes, even Gladio's. There's a lot of thoughts in my head right now that I'll have to order properly later in one big blah blah blah post, but suffice it to say, I think it's a bad Episode, and I don't think it is worth buying. It's a sad end to a game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
In more positive news, Shadowbringers lookin' real cool, and I'm interested to see what being a Warrior of Darkness will mean for us and how exactly we're going to bring darkness back to a world of light.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I agree with either Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You can go forward with FF14 ARR, or you can go back with 1.0. Ever one foot forward.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

ItBreathes posted:

I started replaying FF8 because I was that stupid kid who used summons for every battle and the game was a slog. I haven't gone full on breaking the game, but even just actually using card mod and know to abuse limits has let me breeze through the game so far. And its still bad; the combat is boring as hell, the story is all over the place, and the environments are just a pain to get around. The game has no charm.

So I put it down and decided to play actual good game FF7. I've got those neural-net uprezed backgrounds and got rid of the mouths they added to the PC release. Are any of the mods available actually recommended / fun?

There is apparently a retranslation of the entire thing done, so maybe get that too.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
FFXV's soundtrack is actually really good, but like the last post said, a bunch of people choose to listen to the other FF games soundtracks instead when you are given the option, which IIRC is either from the very start of the game or in Chapter 3, you can buy it in the car shop.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
WAS AVALANCHE the baddies?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
When you think about it, Final Fantasy VII really is the Dark Souls of video games.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
A L'cie drive.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Probably FFXV for me, because it's basically just the real world except with monsters and the caveat of never going out at night. In fact, post game, it basically is just the real world but with monsters.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
TBH I don't see any reason why we shouldn't all be under the thumb of a global empire.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
...whatever

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Hogama posted:

Clearly, the world takes place inside a black hole and is only interpreted in a linear fashion for the benefit of the player. The laws of the universe mean nothing.

-Exdeath

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"Oil, Cloud!" Barret exclaimed into his flip-phone, the new era of technology, right into Cloud's voice mail-box, "the biggest drat oil fields you ever seen!"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
A thought occurred to me. FF7, and a little bit more elaborately Advent Children, suggests that because Sephiroth is essentially Jenova's child, and also because he's a crazy rear end in a top hat, but mostly because of the whole "part eldritch Parasite Eve", he is removed from the Lifestream entirely and literally cannot join it, and can come back to the living world by whatever bullshit. So does that mean Sephiroth will eventually win? Cus Cloud and the rest of the FF7 crew aren't going to be around forever, 500 years later the only one we see left is Nanaki.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I thought Aerith only cures the Geostigma of people who went to her church to get healed? Wouldn't that mean that someone out there might still have Geostigma and vulnerable to be turned into a Sephiroth? And what do you think Sephiroth does with his time while he's dead?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The real horrifying truth about Cait Sith is the moment when you realize that Cait Sith isn't being piloted by anybody.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Origin posted:

I'm sure Bahamut and the Summon Gang can create a convoluted plot making the FF7 crew and their descendants a sort of "Knights of the Round" and slash Sephiroth into oblivion two thousand years in the future.

I'm sad, because this is secretly a super good post that nobody else in this thread will get.

Also on FF7, that video shown earlier does a good job of showing that even though the EU and fandom have mangled the original characterization of everybody in the cast to shreds, they actually pretty much consistently nailed Sephiroth being a crazy jerk. That insight into his relationship with Cloud being aloof and godly, chummy and friendly, snide and mocking, all at the same time is a great detail.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That is one of the dumbest takes I've ever read in this thread or the last, and trust me, the last thread was really dumb.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Elephant Ambush posted:

Noctis' group all wear black because part of the lore is that their country worships death.

Not anymore it's not!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I was one of the ones who actually liked FFXV. But all the stuff that it keeps putting out just make it worse.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Welp, I guess Amano is also going into the celebrity garbage dump.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You are a liar if you say that you think FFXII is the best FF when you say that you've also played VII. 7 is easily the best, it always has been and it always will be, it broke new ground.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Holy poo poo I just realized that the floating island the Marquiz rules over in FF12 is literally Cloud City from Star Wars Episode 5 The Empire Strikes Back. All this time people have been telling me that Ivalice rips off Game of Thrones, when the real answer was Star Wars.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The guidebook to FFXV at release has a timeline of the background events, and it says Ifrit sent the Starscourge. Since all the gods are asleep since the great war, meaning Titan has been holding that meteor for 2k years, since the war, and since it's called the Starscourge, implying it came from space, its been a popular theory that Ifrit threw down the meteor at Eos (the planet) and Titan caught it. But you are correct, that isn't actually confirmed anywhere and is a theory made up of assumptions, so it may not be right.

However, I think it's cool as hell, so it's right to me!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ardyn the weed smoking yuppie granduncle. Out on the road today, Noct saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac. A little voice inside him said don't look back, you can never look back.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOn2bWuA_0w

I kinda like it. Too bad it'll take forever to fully come out.

For those of you who won't care to watch this, it's about the FF7 remake and it sucks, to nobody's surprise. S-E stopped making good games once they stopped being Squaresoft.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Listen, if Tifa isn't Double H's, Square has forgotten the face of their mothers and how to play games.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"AH U OKAY????!!!" Ares Gainsbro, God of War, screams into Clod Strike's face as she delivers a sick Superman punch right into his balls, "BUSTAH WOLF!"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Dude the game's not coming out, and if it does, it's not going to be some great thing that will put Square back on the map. FF is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Sephiroth was talking to Cloud in the first scene in the game.

EDIT: OK, not scene, maybe, but first event.