Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
So, i got the trial on psn for 14, but theres no trophies showing up, will i get them all retroactivally when/if i buy the full game? Or will the counters be set to zero for the do 1000 of thing, ones? I plan to gently caress around on the ultros server and see if i like it enough to go all in first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Darth Walrus posted:

OK, basic speculation on the plot from what we saw of the trailer:

The world is arranged into nations which draw their power and authority from elemental crystals, each of which contains an eikon with a human being as its Dominant, or channeler. Our protagonist is working for a small kingdom empowered by a crystal of fire which is preparing to fight a big nasty empire, and is the bodyguard of young Prince Joshua, generally believed to be the Dominant of Phoenix and celebrated for his healing powers. War kicks off, poo poo goes sideways, and the kingdom gets crushed by the empire. Joshua goes berserk from trauma and reveals that oh poo poo, he's not the Dominant of Phoenix but the Dominant of Ifrit. The protagonist, the real Dominant of Phoenix, tries to stop his rampage, but their battle destroys the country. Some years later, the protagonist (now older, grizzled and traumatised) is hunting Dominants as part of what may well be a penal unit, in an attempt to find Joshua and kill him for good. Cue the actual plot kicking off, likely due to his current assassination target, the Dominant of Shiva, reawakening him to the hero he used to be.

i like this idea but i doubt the mc is phoenix, seems more like having those powers in combat is the new job/dmc weapon switch thing rather than being a dominant. Plus the shot of ifrit ripping the poo poo out of something, most likely pheonix... i dont know. I would prefer it if joshua is ifrit tho, way more engaging imo but i think theres alot of trailer magic fuckery going on for maximum speculation until next year

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I replayed FFX this year and remembered that grey, grizzled, world-weary Auron is 35 years old aka my age.

lol yeah i booted up the remaster back in lockdown and had the same exact reaction.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

so is ps1 final fantasy 2 really that bad, i have it on disc as part of the origins collection and i've only ever done the intro on nes and this version and i've already beat ff1 in origins but i hear how terrible the levelling up is, is it doable or is all the complaining i've heard over the years just from people who dont wanna engage with it? should i just bite the bullet and emulate the psp version, which i hear is MP based with proper levelling now?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

The R-rated fan translation in BNW is some of the most embarrassing poo poo I've ever read in my life.

what about the vanilla translation patch it comes with? supposed to be based on the gba with mix of the original snes in there and none of the embarrassing poo poo poo poo in default bnw.

anyone played the "vanilla patch" ?

edit: oh i should learn how to read the rest of the thread.

anyway, still playing ff2. whats the best way to grind to break the game again that someone mentioned? im still pretty early. i tried downloading an early game save with a bunch of high level weapons and spells but it got corrupted since i had to change the region file to make it work on ps3 with my pal discs and i guess this poo poo isnt as easy it is with wii games. :shrug:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 29, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

o hey neat, I guess:

IX too, at least on switch but probably also ps4.

i liked the VIII ps4 boxart but lol at IX.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

So here is kind of a super nerdy debate.

Do you prefer the Japanese (and I guess PAL) covers that are just white with the game logo or do you like NA putting the characters all over the front?

i love my pal covers but since ps3 them (and alot of games) started to just default to american covers and its annoying as hell, i've had to go looking for special editions which retain the white and logo styles or amano art at the least.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

theres a scanline filter too, which is seems kinda lol considering the aim of the new sprites but hey at least its there, looks decent too with some slight crt bloom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLciyxtZm-I

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lol font mod out the gate

check the achievements, theres a clear sign the achievements are ready for playstation trophy with the "earn all achievements" one subbing for the plat.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

someone upload the full tracks for all 3 games already.

need that mt gulg

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Augus posted:

how do I make enemies stop randomly deciding to all dogpile on the thief

look at that hideously desynced EXP :negative:

dat font :eyepop:

hopefully they give us font options for the console ports now everyone has complained and fixed it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

they found remastered sprite work for scott in the files through datamining. meaning that maybe all the psp/gba extra content might now be upcoming dlc lol

https://twitter.com/drakey_c/status/1422767637369655298

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

HD DAD posted:

Turns out when it’s not making the NES chug to death or actively having the fun sucked out of it on the 3DS, FF3 is extremely good.

this is good to hear, i played the nds version of 3 and it felt very unfun at one bit, cant remember how far i got but i know i was at the "you need to grind now" part.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FF3 DS looks pretty nice but the gameplay changes suck rear end. What were they thinking???

did they fix it in the steam version or is the exact same?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Besides crafting all there was to do was leve quests, there was no story. At least not for leveling.

Here's 1.0 gameplay compared to ARR https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=575nZk2jmno

holy poo poo :eyepop:

i actually just popped open the ps5 version after not playing it for awhile, whats the rec again to just power through the story, ignore all the quests that are not blue shields right?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

espers do what now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Meloncholric posted:

its good actually

i concur

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmfao. :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the secret, i've discovered, is that all final fantasy games are good in various degrees and it tends to be based on who you lost your ff virginity to.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

same but with shadow lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

jokes posted:

Why in the world did they decide FF13 was a game over if the player-controlled character died, even if everyone else survived

fairly standard in jrpgs/rpgs tbh. meant to make you feel like you are the main character rather than god type figure controlling them

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this happend today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmV0Pgnh2s

you get to see some ff4pr stuff which stats at 36min and it looks and sounds awesome.

also early version of terra

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 14, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

more games should go back to not letting you do everything you want to do when you feel like it. it added character.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Aww, we're never going to get a remaster of Terranigma or the rest of the Soul Blazer trilogy.

one of the og devs was talking about being in support of a remaster of terranigma and im almost sure i read about it recently.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's me, the idiot who got all 100 cards the first time they played through ff9

hello, fellow idiot, its me the idiot who still has his 2000 or whenever it was completed save file. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

the best FF game of all loving time.

lets not rewrite history here

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

Even though it's not my personal favorite, FFX is the one I recommend people play if they've never played an FF before and want to try the series out. The X/X-2 remaster is readily available and the best way to play it, and as a total package (gameplay, story, music, art) it's easily one of the best games in the series. The worst thing you can really say about it objectively is that the cutscenes are unskippable and the voice direction is pretty bad in places.

the collection doesnt have the prequel tho

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

lotta fake remaster soundtracks getting uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKZwPdw7yPM

this one maybe uploading the real one track by track

Holy poo poo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

anyone got anymore of them ffivPR music

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vizuyos posted:

this one's even better because it shows what he's responding to

https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousProudParrotKeepo-08wF_4Z_ogNClVui

i just did this and i am so confused. mobile phones in ff1?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Endorph posted:

technically the nu-metal starts blasting whenever the big twist happens

the mc got transported to the ff1 world so presumably he had his phone on him

yeah but isnt the mc garland. jack garland? before he becomes chaos garland

also did all 4 of them get transported?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

OhFunny posted:

Update to FFIV PR just popped up on Steam and will you look at that:

did they fix the forest tiles?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

"because some of the staff's original comments - including references to being overworked, not getting vacation time, and the gender imbalance on the FF4 team - might not be appropriate today."

just lol. might not be appropriate today.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

this reminds me that kazuma kiryu was in thomas the tank engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTDKc5OzoE

holy poo poo :thatsrad:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1454138712229548038

is this first we're hearing of the music? i like how it mostly the same, til the beat drops!

cant wait to hear clash on big bridge.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Oct 30, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Gologle posted:

Hey, did you guys see that Sakaguchi, Mr Final Fantasy himself, has beaten FF14 up until Endwalker?

the man who laughs at backlogs.

poo poo im still in the realm reborn stuff, i dont even think im half way yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ffvPR intro + new music

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1455240975341735937