Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BearDrivingTruck posted:

So if you were assigning jobs and didn't want overlap, what jobs would you give to each character? I'm not worried about animation min-maxing, but I generally want to give a character jobs that fit their stats.

I don't know how good it actually is from a stat perspective but I basically followed this guide when I played Zodiac Age because I'm a goober who likes defined character roles and found the idea really fun :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
VIII is great because Triple Triad is fun and Shuffle or Boogie slaps and the aesthetic of the Gardens and everything is great and the whole cast are adorable idiot goobers

The story falls apart in the middle and I guess if you're serious about mechanics there's a ton you could niggle about but its heart's in the right place and it rules everywhere that counts

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

I hate this conversation because now Im playing FFXIII for the fourth time

it's always a good time to revisit your friends Sazh with his Chocobo chick and gal pals Fang and Vanille

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Vivi is my precious son and IX is the game with him in it so i like it

also Roses of May is really good

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i eventually gave up and got lucky with Yojimbo against that boss v:shobon:v

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Fortress lives :unsmigghh:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thetoughestbean posted:

...you want Vincent to tell Sephiroth that he was cuckolded?

I mean, the fact that he was is basically the entirety of his character anyway

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the ending of FFXIII is that the true power in the universe is lesbian crystal energy

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Aithon posted:

Chrono Cross is a good weird game but a terrible sequel.

it's Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

FF15 felt super unfinished at launch and the patches and royal edition apparently make it feel less unfinished?

I’d like to play them sometime but I actually played a LOT of unpatched FF15 for some reason

i played the game after the royal edition came out, and it still feels unfinished in terms of story and structure, but what's there is more polished. the game has a great emotional core in the boys, and i had fun playing it, but you can tell that the development was super troubled

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's St. Ivalice like St. Eligius, for the ~it was just a dream~ St. Elsewhere reference

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

cock hero flux posted:

the "I'm Captain Basch" section is physically painful to play

that video where some guy dressed up as Vaan runs around doing it in real life is the most powerful cringe i've ever experienced

someone clearly isn't Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gologle posted:

The Beatles' Abbey Road cover art lookin' a lot more anime than I remember

Squall is dead, man. Miss him, miss him, miss him

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

bentacos posted:

Final Fantasy X-3: Oops All Ronsos

X-3 should be Lulu, Paine, and a new girl as the Gothwings

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

All the terrible news about Ubisoft had me thinking "Didn't they do a collaboration with Final Fantasy" and... what the heck is this four-legged chocobo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-hLki0_ChI

Are we in hell? I don't know... to the dirt, let's roll!

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i just feel sorry for people that can't feel the Real Emotion at this point, tbh

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i'm sure they'd do a battle royale as well as Explorers did the Monster Hunter thing

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

We all agree that the story is trash and told poorly but everything else you said is wrong. It has great characters, fun combat, an awesome soundtrack, and graphics that still hold up as amazing after all these years.

and most importantly, That Gay poo poo

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thetoughestbean posted:

Really puts all the twinks who call her “mother” in a different light

"Bratty leather twinks seek mommy domme for 'reunion'."

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ardyn is the hero of FFXV

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can’t believe people at SE looked at those 3D models and thought “yes this is an improvement over the psp sprites.”

God they’re so ugly.

I think they have a low poly charm that kind of captures the old super deformed look in 3d

It probably works better on the small DS screen they were originally designed for though, yeah

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FF could use a train sim minigame

Selphie gettin' her own spin-off

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
you can prise my Tide-us from my cold, dead hands.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Leal posted:

they're relying heavily on GFs to buff them up

Heck, same

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Smash is good

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
you don't become court mage to the King of Disney without being hot poo poo

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
if the game had hung around in Timeless River just a little while longer, they'd have found past Donald dreaming Der Fuehrer's Face

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Unfortunately it's from this timeline...

efb

It's okay, Riku used the power of waking to rescue him from that shortly afterwards

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

I'm in the very clear minority in thinking that Sephiroth is essentially just a fake antagonist for the entirety of FFVII. He died before the game even took place, all his appearances during the game's 'present' are either a hallucination or a meat puppet for Jenova (and I've gotta be honest, I have no idea which is true most times). Him being the final boss is... I dunno, it just doesn't feel like it works for me, it'd be like Queen Zeal being the final boss of Chrono Trigger, or something.

But I've clearly got the objectively incorrect read on that, going off the fact every single sequel and spinoff basically says that Sephiroth was the real deal and Jenova was a sideshow.

I mean even ignoring the expanded universe material, while you only encounter Sephiroth in person at the end of the game he's been expressing his will through Jenova and the people with her cells through the rest of the game.

The "Sephiroth clones" are drawn to the reunion at the northern crater because that's where he is recuperating after Cloud fatally wounded him.

The Queen Zeal comparison doesn't really work because while it's eventually revealed that you've only been chasing his shadow through the game, that ambiguity is part of the point and Sephiroth is still the one pulling the strings. He isn't trying to summon some Lavos-esque being, he's doing poo poo himself even if he isn't physically there

Mega64 posted:

The real villain of FF7 is Hojo.

But really, this

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 15, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lmao, that Japanese Goombette one is lewd as h*ck

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man am I going to I reinstall Smash...

Veni, veni, venias

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's irony, like when a big guy is called Tiny

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
my only experience with the Dark Aeons was getting jumped by Valefor when trying to go back to Besaid for some reason on my first run through the game. i do not like them

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

MorningMoon posted:

Vincent is nothing, like, the only thing he ever did was say "I guess I am cool." and do a backflip.

he also got mega cucked, can't forget that!

i don't know if there's any good LPs for Crisis Core, but there is some neat little character bits buried in it underneath all the terrible compilation stuff. the parts where Zack first meets Cloud are really sweet

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Zack was Cloud's one true love.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

She's hot and she does a ton of damage for the handful of fights you get to use her in. That's pretty much it.

also Roses of May is really nice

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ethiser posted:

That is just a younger Lulu before she got into belts.

The belts come with the class change to black mage

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Xigbar would be picking off anyone that got in shooting range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, there's pretty good reason Square would want to keep pushing original FFVII alongside the remake compared to, say, only putting out versions of FFI & II based on Dawn of Souls or only rereleasing the DS version of 3