Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

What's it going to take to get a final fantasy legend/saga collection? I'd want the Japan-only DS remakes, and the two Frontiers would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I've never really thought about it before but Lufia II really does stomp all over most of the 'classic' JRPGs. Sprawling puzzle dungeons with no random encounters, bangin' OST, ancient cave, new game plus, quick battles, super fast walk and talk speed (don't waste my time), capsule monster bros, etc.. I've got stronger nostalgia for Earthbound and FFVI but the game deserves respect.

Natsume why haven't you announced a Lufia collection yet.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

They've dug into the vault recently for Wild Guns and Ninja Warriors, so there's at least a possibility.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Cross is notably the most disappointed I've ever felt playing a game. I went in expecting Trigger 2; that is _not_ what I got. I'm sure I would've liked it more if it wasn't explicitly part of the Chrono series.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

TommyGun85 posted:

theres another series by the same developer that uses the same name but arent sequels....i forget the name of the series though.
not sure what point you're trying to make here because Cross is more than just tangentially a sequel to Trigger.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

redreader posted:

I also started an FF6 playthrough with some specific person's translation patched in.
I am curious, why do this? Anti-Woolsey gang?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

After 25+ years I don't really care if Woolsey got things wrong or not. That's the Final Fantasy VI I know, and I think it's pretty good.

I still want to try Brave New World one day, not sure if they screw with the script.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 27, 2020

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Mr. Locke posted:

Nah, Glenn was just a really Formal character in Japanese, so his speech was played as antiquated speech. It... almost works? Like, you realize you went into the past and Frog's talking like Ye Olde Tyme Knight and you're just like :thumbsup: but you realize something's off about that explanation. And then, at some different point for everyone, you realize that nobody else in 600 AD talks the way Frog does and then you just start giving that nerd the side-eye.
IIRC doesn't Glenn talk normally in flashbacks (SNES Woolsey translation)?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

FFT is great, might be my second favorite FF*. I don't remember much from FFTA but I do remember feeling like it was watered down. Like going from Super Mario RPG to Paper Mario. Never tried A2.

*After 6. Note I haven't bothered with any FF after 7.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 2, 2020

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

holy crap they're actually doing a FFL collection but, grievance:

1. Switch only
2. missing the DS remasters

only $20 though

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

FFL1 protip:

HP200 items are always more gold efficient than HP600 items. Kid me thought he was super clever when he realized this.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

The WoFF Einhander easter egg pains me, Squenix will leave that game to rot forever

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Whaddaya think the chances are that the SaGa collection ends up on Steam?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ogre Battle 64 is so friggin' good and knowing it's on Wii U but not Switch really bugs me.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

AttackTheMoon posted:

Will probably play the GBA release of 6

keep in mind, the GBA soundchip ruins the OST :smith:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

mandatory lesbian posted:

ruins is hyperbolic, its definitely worse but its not like you cant recognize the melody and such

I stand by what I said. It doesn't sound exactly like what I played as a child, ergo, garbage :colbert:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

maybe I'm a big nostalgic baby but FFVI is burned into my childhood and this new art is just about as offensive as the mobile stuff. Those Terra and Locke sprites look awful.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Having played upwards of 20% of all FF's I claim with authority that magitek snow march is the most iconic moment and music in the series :colbert:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Professor Beetus posted:

I would love Secret of Evermore to get a remaster but I think as far as SE is concerned it's probably memory holed since it was square usa. It is such a weird and offbeat game and it has a lot of charm, it just wasn't what people were expecting. I think a remaster might have a lot of folks revising their opinions of it tbh.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

so does the Secret of Evermore remaster come before or after the Einhander and Gun Hazard remasters?