Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'd dodge lightning for five hundred years before racing the chocobo trainer even once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Rirse posted:

Do wish I can figure out how to move spells around, as I hate having crummy spells like cure on top and having to scroll to get cura.

You need to hold the confirm button down for a second or two on the first spell you want to move until it either starts or stops blinking, it's really fiddly. Nice for moving Sirens to the top for late game farming as well.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Elentor posted:

Not sure if it counts, but Searching for Friends is powerful af.

Same, except Dark World.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I loaded my last X-2 save from like a year ago. Rikku and Brother are dancing on the bridge and Buddy is just making disparaging comments about Brother instead of giving me a destination list. (a) Where am I and (b) what do I do now?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

gigglefeimer posted:

Buddy gives you the destination list, not Rikku.

I know - he's making disparaging comments about Brother instead of doing that.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Help Im Alive posted:

Things I remember about VII

this guy are sick
costa del sol
gold saucer
a dolphin minigame
aeris etc
yuffie stealing my stuff
a rocket
sephiroth holding a book
zack??

Same except there was a dolphin minigame?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

OhFunny posted:

OMG.

HOLY poo poo

loving FINALLY

Nice hack.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I couldn't stand looking at Marche's hair.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

AttackTheMoon posted:

Just found out Final Fantasy 1 has an in-game map :negative:

.denwO

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
RM misses out on more useful WM spells than BM spells but honestly F+RM+almost anybody will work fine.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

CPColin posted:

Edge's job is to throw your 99 duplicated Crystal swords at Zeromus

Alternately, to throw all of your duplicate Excaliburs including the original so that you have to take down Wyvern with Avenger.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Dodging lightning is easy w/no encounters and that one tower that always flashes at the same time. Dodging birds on a chocobo is however impossible.

Also the battles in FF9 are a little slow like Hitler is a little racist.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Are Sirens/Alerts/whatever they're now called buyable in 4PR? Can you infinitely steal from the same enemy? And most importantly, are the non-pink tails gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Zeromus used Weak/Tornado/Whirl as a counter to Holy (and Meteor IIRC) on the SNES. Rosa usually has better things to do and Bahamut is cheaper + faster than Meteor so you would rarely see it.

They definitely did something to the ATB, Cecil would often get two turns before either of the twins got one on the SNES and GBA until they gained some levels. Haven't seen that happen here.