Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
zenos loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it spins too

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i loved cait sith as a kid, and hell, i love him now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The protagonist with the most organic growth is Luso.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Just put the FFV cast in every FF game. Especially FFXIV, I want to see Krile talking to Krile.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Schwartzcough posted:

Where he expresses the frustrations of being a homosexual Furry? (Not that there's anything wrong with that. Well, maybe the Furry part...)

This post sucks

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
geralt is sexy and can't have babies so it makes sense everyone wants to jump his bones.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
calling yourself a hero makes you cool

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
A friend and I are gonna do some challenge runs of FFTA2, probably single-race teams (moogle and nu mou respectively). I tried google and didn't really see any suggested challenges or gimmicks and while that's not a huge deal since it's not hard to make your own I wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with single-race challenge runs, particularly for how to deal with mandatory story units like Luso. I assume it's just "just use them when you have to" but I figured I'd ask

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i just saw the new FFTA2 art Ryoma Ito did for the FFTCG last year and i'm seriously bummed i can't buy it as like a nice poster or something. finding new FFTA/2 art i never knew about is always great but these are all so amazing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

thetoughestbean posted:

Can you post it here?

sure. like I said having a big print of the piece below or the pop art style character portraits would be amazing.

this one was used as a playmat for top 8 of the 2018 Worlds FFTCG event, and the individual character art was used in special full art cards later.

you can find a brief interview where he talks about creating these pieces here: https://na.finalfantasy.com/topics/35

bonus: he also did a FFXI piece last november which i adore

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i desperately want FFTA3, yes. flesh out Seeq and Gria, maybe add that bird race that showed up in Revenant Wings (though that might make the Gria unique trait of flying a bit less unique). if nothing else because we're in a much more broad world wrt fan creations now thanks to social media and i want to usher in a new age of cute moogle fanart on twitter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
since no one has mentioned it yet I don't think, levels in FFV only increase your HP iirc. which is certainly not a bad thing but it's not going to increase your damage or defense, and gear isn't gated by level so it won't help on that front either. obviously it will get you job exp too but even then most job abilities aren't going to make or break you on a casual playthrough.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I had a roommate who played through ff7 by collecting 99 of every drop before moving on to the nex area of a game. IIRC that included drops you could just buy later on and only excluded anything that was a unique drop due to not being able to farm 99 of the item. I think he had the game time maxed before leaving midgar.

this dude is badass

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is there a recommended ffvii translation patch? i thought i remember tim rogers mentioning one in his Remake video but that video is like 3 hours long and I don't want to dig through that for something I might have just imagined anyway.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I dont like that tweet. It sucks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Calling ffta2 a cheap spinoff in TYOOL 2021...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think it looks really good, I played through FFIX with it earlier this year and was really impressed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hating bangaa makes no sense, that's the coolest non-moogle race in Ivalice

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

they look awesome and they promised lady hrothgars eventually too

e: they've also gradually removed most gender-locking on gear so you can be a big buff dude in a pretty dress if you so choose

still waiting on them making the krile outfit gender neutral. it's not even particularly feminine!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Maybe im looking in the wrong social spheres but for every negative opinion about a game I see five people quoting it and saying "actually it owns" so I guess I just don't see the overwhelming gamer negativity that must be squashed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

FF6 BNW is pretty great. Some of the dialog changes they made are, uh, interesting. Sometimes though they really nail the character with new lines:

The classic scene where Setzer threatens sexual violence

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Galuf says "Sweet Christmas!", confirming the existence of Christianity and our lord and savior Jesus Christ in FFV (possibly only in World 2).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cleretic posted:

every single genre but ska

This desperately needs addressed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
In this house we

Love Bobby Corwin

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the font blows, tbqh

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gamers in the house forever.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm very excited to see what modders make happen with FFVPR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zurtilik posted:

Maybe I'll actually finish FFV for once. I've played it to like half like 7 times. I have a problem.

If you haven't tried, consider playing it FJF style instead. I started and stopped FFV probably 4 times when I was younger because I kept burning out on trying to grind jobs because I wanted Fun Ability Synergies and such, but having that effectively locked away got me to actually push forward and beat the game finally.