Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
One of my biggest problems with 13 was that everything was visually overdesigned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My only problem with FFIX, an otherwise terrific game, is that Trance has to be used as soon as it comes up.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I hope they make Cloud In A Dress totally babe-alicious.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I know it ultimately doesn’t matter, but what jobs work better with what characters in FFXII? I’m playing the switch version and just finished up the Leviathan, so I have all the party members but haven’t found a setup I like just yet.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I love some ‘zooks as much as anybody does but I’m glad super high res Tifa isn’t running around doing backflips with super high res eiken jugs flopping all over the place.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Why would you skip the cutscenes? Theyre all short and the story’s hardly there as it is.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I dunno man I just beat the Stillshrine last night and I haven’t had any issues buying stuff. Most of my characters are around level 30 but a few have been pulling ahead.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’m playing the switch version, now that I have a better handle on the way the classes work I feel I should go back and respec a few things, so I can say put heavy armor on my samurai. However, good lord I don’t want to go redo ALL THOSE LISCENCES.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I have zero interest in replaying FFVIII, but boy that soundtrack slaps.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Give Aeris some big ol’ honkers.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
How come no one told me the DISSIDIA NT soundtrack loving RIPS??

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’m on the big evil Christmas tree train too. It also makes sense as it was originally a palace - maybe it just got stretched vertically.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
When I first played FF8 when it came out, I was 13 and had a loose handle on junctioning, but I relied heavily on Limit Breaks and summons. I do remember everything about junctioning suddenly clicking at some point shortly before the NORG boss fight, then I steamrolled the game.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My problem with XII is that's the point where the building, airship, and clothing design started getting incomprehensibly spikey and ornate. XIII was at its worst, and XIV and XV seem to have toned it down but not gotten away from it.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I never played any of the XIII sequels. How did everybody become immortal?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I love VIII and IX dearly, but I can’t stand playing Triple Triad or Tetra Master. I also don’t like Gwent.

But other people do and that’s fine.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
On the topic of FF2, the No One Can Know About This podcast is starting that game in a week or two.

(NOCKAT is a great podcast by the way.)

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I picked the Zodiac Age back up after letting it sit for a year or so. Just got to Archadia (what a fuckin slog).

What the hell are chops supposed to be? Do people here just carry around blocks of wood?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My setup (Currently at Balfonheim)

Vaan: Shikari/Time Mage -

Penelo: Black Mage/Machinist

Balthier: Uhlan/Monk

Fran: Archer/White Mage

Ashe: Bushi/Red Mage

Basch: Knight/Foebreaker

Mainly I use Ashe, Fran, and either Basch or Vaan. Every time I use Penelo or Balthier they get eaten alive. I definitely need to work on everyones Gambits but I never feel like the system gets to where I want it to so I have to keep doing some things (like casting Cura when my whole party is low) manually. I should also go reset some boards but the last thing I want to bother with is unlocking a gazillion little squares for forty-five minutes straight.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So on the FFXII chat, I just got to Giruvegan. My parties in the upper 30s except for Penello who sucks and is 31. I feel it’s time to take a plot break again and do some more Hunts, as well as shuffle my jobs around. I could use some tips on job combinations that balance out armor, magic, and physical abilities, please.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So after spending ten minutes plinking away at redoing my license boards to make my dudes more optimal I said f this and reloaded to before I started. Plugged away through the Feywood and Giruvegan, I think I’m about to hit the great crystal.
All I have right now for espers is Mateus and Belias. Are there any I can go snag pretty easily right now?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Can someone please explain the card game in FFIX to me? I understand that arrows are the attacking direction but the numbers on the cards don’t make sense and when two arrows point there are other numbers that go down? Because??

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Blitzball blitzblows

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
In addition Dagger is underrated.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Hilde Garde III is the best airship in the franchise.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I don’t remember any of FFXIIs music except for the absolute worst track in any Final Fantasy game ever,
Streets of Rabanastre.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I replayed it earlier this year and it remains my favorite. Not only is it charming as hell, the dialogue is actually well written and with clear intent, unlike some of the gibberish from VIII and earlier. Vivi is a standout as everyone knows, but Dagger is in my opinion extremely underrated. Her arc is fairly typical (sheltered princess to confident adventurer) but it’s played straight and it’s solid. She also plays off Zidane and doesn’t buy into his bullshit.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I don’t play video games.

I play interactables.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Fantasian is pretty loving good.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

HD DAD posted:

I try not to think too hard about a game in which you fly to the moon in a whale.

Which is dope as gently caress

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My favorite part is during your second ascent in the Tower of Babil you fight Rubicante and finally get to the room with the crystals and whoops it’s a trap! and you’re dropped back down to the underworld.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My knees are acting up again, we’ll have a Seifer tonight mark my words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
The biggest problem with FFIX is that it does Freya dirty. Super duper dirty.