Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Why the gently caress wasn’t the glass breaking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m sad there’s not a New Year’s Eve Beyond show

I'm so sad I missed the last one because I was feeling under the weather last year.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

There's a great GCw show going on now

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I've been watching some old IWA:MS. I've been watching some old Chris Hero matches. Any recommendations for matches to watch? I have the highspots wrestling network.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
How will Joey Janela not pass out before the end of a 24 hr show

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

mariooncrack posted:

I've been watching some old IWA:MS. I've been watching some old Chris Hero matches. Any recommendations for matches to watch? I have the highspots wrestling network.
Just from IWA:MS?

Chris Hero vs CM Punk: Best 2/3 Falls (Feb 7, 2003)
Chris Hero vs CM Punk: TLC Match (Feb 9th 2003)
Chris Hero vs Homicide (July 1st 2003)
Chris Hero vs AJ Styles (Dec 19, 2003)
Chris Hero vs Samoa Joe (May 29 2004)
Chris Hero, Homicide, and B-Boy vs BJ Whitamer, Samoa Joe, and CM Punk (May 30th 2004)
Chris Hero vs Claudio Castagnoli: European Rules Match (Feb 12, 2005)
Chris Hero vs Arik Cannon: I Quit Match (Sept 9, 2005)
Chris Hero vs Brian Danielson Sept 24, 2005)
Chris Hero vs Eddie Kingston: Last Man Standing (Sept 29, 2007)
Chris Hero vs Trik Davis: Falls Count Anywhere Sept 27, 2008)
Chris Hero vs Reed Bentley: KO or Submission Only (March 9, 2014)

There literally like 10 CM Punk vs Chris Hero matches and they were always good but that's like 10 hours of content I've already posted because a lot of Hero matches ran closer to an hour long back in the 00's

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Hero vs Punk TLC match is one of the worst matches you will see between two great wrestlers and everyone should watch it. Just an overly long, overly dumb thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

The Hero vs Punk TLC match is one of the worst matches you will see between two great wrestlers and everyone should watch it. Just an overly long, overly dumb thing.
It was during the era when CM Punk became obsessed with one hour matches and a whole lot of them had no real content in them, just long because Punk thought it was cool.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I can ever imagine a scenario where an hour long CM Punk match would be a good thing.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

I can ever imagine a scenario where an hour long CM Punk match would be a good thing.

Punk-Samoa Joe II is great.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Deathlove posted:

Punk-Samoa Joe II is great.

Seconded, it's really good and they had great chemistry then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Davros1 posted:

Both CM Punk 60 minute draws with Samoa Joe in 2004 are very good matches.

I am not going to say you should watch the TLC match with Hero but if you're curious it is available for free on the IWAMS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APn0xrZt42E&t=1s

They also have the 2 out of 3 falls Punk hero match which goes 90 minutes but I won't even link it because you definitely shouldn't watch it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Another recommended Chris Hero match:

Chris Hero vs Bryan Danielson - PWG Guerres sans Fronteres - 9-4-2009

Still one of the top matches in PWG history, probably Hero's best match and arguably Bryan's, if not #2 or #3.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pinche Rudo posted:

Another recommended Chris Hero match:

Chris Hero vs Bryan Danielson - PWG Guerres sans Fronteres - 9-4-2009

Still one of the top matches in PWG history, probably Hero's best match and arguably Bryan's, if not #2 or #3.

Yeah, it's one of the best matches ever.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk and Chris Hero were absolutely two wrestlers who you could have do hour long matches. Sucking in ones with each other probably taught them how to better pace the ones they were really good in.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I never understood how anyone could enjoy a one hour draw that you knew would be a draw going in. Hell I'd probably be angry if someone recommended it and I *didn't* know that was the outcome until I watched it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's baaaaack!

https://twitter.com/ScottyTres/status/1349744935185108994

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mob posted:

I never understood how anyone could enjoy a one hour draw that you knew would be a draw going in. Hell I'd probably be angry if someone recommended it and I *didn't* know that was the outcome until I watched it.

At my local indie about a year ago 2 wrestlers who I enjoy individually (Gary Jay and Jeremy Wyatt) and a 60 minute time limit draw...where it was never announced before the match started that there was a time limit. Like I'm watching this match and then it just loving stops and the announcer is like "60 Minute time limit draw!" and I was so loving mad because A) Wyatt can be a little boring (although he is a great heel) and so I was already struggling to get through a long Wyatt match and B) if you are going to go to a time limit draw, at least announce ahead of time what the time limit for the match is. I guess all Gateway Heritage Title matches have a 60 minute time limit, but considering that most everyone there didn't know that, it was a very flat ending.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mob posted:

One of my favourite matches of last year was an hour broadway, Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh from August 10th. It worked because a) NOAH always announce "this match has a X minute time limit" before matches & the announcer calls the time during the match like happens in New Japan (so you get a call every 5 minutes IIRC) b) Go Shiozaki had already won one title defence in 58 minutes so just because it goes near the time doesn't automatically flag it'll be a draw. c) Obviously New Japan had unified their top 2 singles matches at WK that year & Go vs Kenoh was a title vs title match, HW vs National title. So until about the 45 minute mark I was more thinking about NOAH copying New Japan with a title unification (of a belt that was less than a year old so in hindsight was a dumb concern) than about the draw. d) The match breezed by. It was fast & action packed & violent & everything I love in wrestling. The reason I didn't even think a draw was a possibility until the 45 minute call happened was I thought we were still at about 20/25 minutes in when the announcer made the call.

If you're watching wrestling & time is incredibly tight, I get it. But if it's a hot match with talented wrestlers beating the hell out of each other then I really don't have a problem. I've seen Go vs Kenoh 3 or 4 times now, it still slaps.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

this just randomly popped up on my youtube earlier and i was not having a great time with it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

this just randomly popped up on my youtube earlier and i was not having a great time with it

In the video he brags about how a previous NPWD benefited a radical sex work abolition charity.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

In the video he brags about how a previous NPWD benefited a radical sex work abolition charity.
Whaaaaa?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"Mike Quackenbush is a SWERF" is not the truth bomb I was expecting to hit today but here we are.

(actually he's probably not the RF part either)

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 15, 2021

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Didn't Quack force his Girlfriend to sleep on the couch because she broke kayfabe?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

somone just deleted that part from wiki yesterday but

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Polaris_Project&oldid=984151383#Criticism

"Polaris Project has been criticized by journalists, sex workers and some public health advocates. Reason magazine editor Elizabeth Nolan Brown referred to Polaris as "one of the biggest purveyors of bad statistics dressed up as 'human trafficking awareness'".[16] Sex worker advocates have stated the human trafficking hotline operated by Polaris is not confidential, and that calls to the hotline are referred to police who then arrest adult sex workers.[17] Others point out that Polaris itself provides no services to alleged victims.[18] Critics point out that Polaris Project fails to distinguish between consenting adults who choose to participate in sex work from those who are actual victims of coercion. They also state that because Polaris advocates law enforcement solutions to abolish sex work, sex workers themselves are harmed, face arrest, or may be driven further underground. "

lol, the person who deleted works for them ofc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Carenbenj

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 15, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just watched You Cannot Kill David Arquette. I enjoyed it but man that Nick Gage match is a rough watch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Didn't Quack force his Girlfriend to sleep on the couch because she broke kayfabe?

Yes but my favorite douchey Quack story is him threatening to punch Ricochet in the face because back when he was Helios he did a bunch of Quack's matches on a show with Quack on later in the card. Quack complained and Ricochet responded Quack had 1000 more moves he could do!

Also his lovely podcast he did with his Fox and Friends friend who had to flee the country when he was exposed as a scam artist.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I just watched You Cannot Kill David Arquette. I enjoyed it but man that Nick Gage match is a rough watch

I don't think I really enjoyed it much as it was WAY too scripted to be a documentary, but it was nice to see the Highway Luchadores. Really felt like more of a vanity project because he doesn't want to go to auditions anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Indies have run shows with varying degrees of COVID protocols, but the absolute worst has to be the Christian Wrestling Federation which is running in a building at normal capacity with maybe 10% of the crowd in masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aurNsnLSr0

Shocker!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Indies have run shows with varying degrees of COVID protocols, but the absolute worst has to be the Christian Wrestling Federation which is running in a building at normal capacity with maybe 10% of the crowd in masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aurNsnLSr0

Shocker!

Weren't people giving IWA:MS a ton of poo poo for a lax mask compliance at their recent show(s)?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mariooncrack posted:

Weren't people giving IWA:MS a ton of poo poo for a lax mask compliance at their recent show(s)?

Yes, but I don't remember the IWA shows being quite this bad, although with more people (in a much bigger room.) I think ICW NHB caused more of an uproar in terms of lack of masks and people being crowded together though.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 18, 2021

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Rudocast is sponsoring a very rudo match for GCW's fight forever

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1352455455415685121

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
I hope somehow is planning to make a GCW Fight Forever thread this week. I'm going to give it the old college try to watch it all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

I hope somehow is planning to make a GCW Fight Forever thread this week. I'm going to give it the old college try to watch it all.

I will try to.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

I'm going to try to, as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is Fight Forever 24 hours of actual live wrestling or 24 hours of streaming pretaped stuff? I can't figure it out from the description in the Fite app and I wouldn't put it past GCW to be silly enough to try doing 24 hours of live matches.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's GCW so I'm assuming 24 hours of live chin-diapered superspreading

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

live on a closed set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
tim donaghy