Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't know anything about Jersey Championship Wrestling, but apparently GCW bought and is relauching it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMmf33XprCL/?igshid=vqd4ihby8t9o

Jersey Championship Wrestling is what GCW started out as. They rebranded in 2015 after being bought out by Brett Lauderdale, but the original owner retained the tape library, which Brett has now bought and is using to relaunch the promotion, I think as a developmental?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kylie Ray just wrestled at my local indie last January. She was awesome and so over. I hope she comes back as full time as she wants to be.

Zaqtaro
Apr 11, 2011

I do a poo poo job of keeping you all up to date with Johnny Blast.

Here's the latest story about his first meeting with Bulldozer, now better known as "The Beastman" Fetty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnrYKTh55PQ

Johnny Blast as Mr. Omega, and a look at dealing with Leonard Sims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsC40kiFTM

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Looks like Faye Jackson is retiring

https://twitter.com/fayejackson419/status/1378002711103344644

Happy I got to see one of her last matches at least.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AAW is live with the first of their Saturday Twitch broadcasts: https://www.twitch.tv/aawpro

First hour is live, next two will be recorded for broadcast the next two weeks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get running
Start pumping your bunions, I'm coming
I'm the dumbest, who flamethrow your function to Funyons
Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest
Now face the flame fuckers your fame and fate's done with

Awww that's a bummer. I got to see her wrestle Effy in a brewery in possibly her last public match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Feeling crummy so I took the day off and now I'm watching IWTV and their steamroller of Mania shows. Judge Hugo Lexington Black at Olde Wrestling is maybe my favorite form of Rickey Shane Page.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The Hoodslam offer match on Family Reunion (Willow Nightingale, D-Rogue and James C vs Funnybone, Nurse Ratchet and Super Beast) was pretty awesome. Super Beast is a loving monster and Nurse Ratchet is Abadon-levels of unsettling in the ring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The Lee Moriarty vs Edith Surreal match is shaping up to be something really special. Just some really beautiful chain wrestling, breaking out every now and then into excellent high speed stuff. And Edith's art gallery entrance was fantastic.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know what it is but I can never really get into Gary Jay. Maybe it's the incredibly bad beard.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't know what it is but I can never really get into Gary Jay. Maybe it's the incredibly bad beard.

Also his cape.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Ganso Bomb posted:

For me it's any time I look at WARHORSE, because those two built their names originally off fighting each other all over. It's been 2 years since their Last Man Standing match at the first IWTV Family Reunion and Warhorse has totally reinvented himself into one of the most fun and marketable gimmicks on the indies.

And Gary Jay hasn't changed a bit, including the cape/flag.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

who’s ready to watch a new jack match in 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lumbermouth posted:

Also his cape.

thatguyclint posted:

For me it's any time I look at WARHORSE, because those two built their names originally off fighting each other all over. It's been 2 years since their Last Man Standing match at the first IWTV Family Reunion and Warhorse has totally reinvented himself into one of the most fun and marketable gimmicks on the indies.

And Gary Jay hasn't changed a bit, including the cape/flag.

These are both extremely good points and probably why I am where I am with him.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Also "stiff robo ginger" is an absolute stinker of a nickname.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

The SUP Action show on IWTV has been pretty good so far. Especially for a Friday noon show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

If anyone's watching GCW today I think a friend of mine is wrestling. She's only been wrestling for a couple years or more, "Killa Kate." If I weren't working I'd be trying to catch a stream. Worried about her traveling to Florida in the middle of all this, but on the other hand it'll be nice for her to make some connections outside of Texas.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

If anyone's watching GCW today I think a friend of mine is wrestling. She's only been wrestling for a couple years or more, "Killa Kate." If I weren't working I'd be trying to catch a stream. Worried about her traveling to Florida in the middle of all this, but on the other hand it'll be nice for her to make some connections outside of Texas.

Hope it goes well for your friend, I've actually seen her wrestle before since I'm in Dallas. But, just FYI, I believe she's on the Other GCW's show, and I'm not sure if those are streaming.

Short-ish version, there was a Florida-based GCW that seemed offended that Game Changer GCW was coming to their turf, so they also booked an entire schedule of shows, and followed through now that Tampa WM is happening. (Hilariously, Game Changer GCW booked The Cuban Club as their venue, while last year other GCW had lined up The Italian Club for their shows.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That's....terribly confusing. Cool that you've seen her, though. I've no frame of reference for how long someone's gotta grind before they start sneaking into bigger shows, so I'm just enjoying whatever work she can find.