Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm just pointing out that he isn't mexican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm so lost in this exchange.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just yell "fuera" at him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I'm so lost in this exchange.

you usually are

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First announced matches for Epic, AAW's 16th anniversary show on March 20:

Kris Statlander vs Hyan
Mance Warner vs Fred Yehi
Adam Brooks vs Curt Stallion
Gringo Loco and Black Taurus vs Aramis and Arez

Tickets on sale tomorrow at noon Eastern

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bestia is Mexican.

Mechawolf 450 is a spouse beater that pals around with pedophiles and other spouse beaters

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
*SAD MDK*

https://twitter.com/RickeyShanePage/status/1231769810431811584?s=19

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

man it's a shame that's gonna be at turner's hall, cleveland's worst venue

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is Turner's Hall still a shithole? I went to AIW's last show there. There was no heat and it was in the winter.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pinche Rudo posted:

Just yell "fuera" at him.

Is that a standard go away or does it mean "end the match" like "go home" means in American wrestling?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Is Turner's Hall still a shithole? I went to AIW's last show there. There was no heat and it was in the winter.

I was at that show too. It was brutal. I’ve been to one PCW show there and yes, it’s still a total shithole. If they’re paying for heat and the toilets work then it probably won’t be totally horrific. It’s not like it’s unsafe or anything.

I hope.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TTBF posted:

Is that a standard go away or does it mean "end the match" like "go home" means in American wrestling?

Literal translation is outside but colloquially it's like "get out" or "get out of here"

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I once yelled Go Home during a match at non-Mexican wrestlers and they looked confused but very quickly ended the match that had already gone on too long and I was very happy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sometimes I yell GO HOME at my roomba. Always embarrassing when the neighbors ask if everything's ok.

I always thought the correct way to voice your displeasure at a match is to yell THIS SUCKS

anyway shut the indies down, Treehouse Lee just did the coolest thing:

https://twitter.com/TreehouseLee/status/1231915074262052870

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 24, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's weird that Treehouse Lee's brother Saieve Al Sabah isn't getting booked in GCW more since he's just as good.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

KungFu Grip posted:

It's weird that Treehouse Lee's brother Saieve Al Sabah isn't getting booked in GCW more since he's just as good.

Didn't he also like, sign an Evolve deal and then VERY QUICKLY bail on it? Not that I blame him entirely given how lovely Gabe's been in recent years, but seems odd.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

blast0rama posted:

Didn't he also like, sign an Evolve deal and then VERY QUICKLY bail on it? Not that I blame him entirely given how lovely Gabe's been in recent years, but seems odd.

He absolutely bailed on Evolve and I've seen him subtweet Gabe during that time recently where Starr went hard against him not paying talent and treating them like poo poo. The only thing I can think is that he's not a fan of something specific with GCW itself since he was booked there early last year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1232030696836911104

Double Or Nothing weekend

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

you usually are
Who even are you?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Def going

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Please don't get stabbed by Nick Gage, Officer Liger

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Big Bidness posted:

I was at that show too. It was brutal. I’ve been to one PCW show there and yes, it’s still a total shithole. If they’re paying for heat and the toilets work then it probably won’t be totally horrific. It’s not like it’s unsafe or anything.

I hope.

I've been to a ton of AIW shows there. It always felt like the kind of place homeless people would sleep in. I always loved the super old TV's that were hanging from the walls and the ceiling tiles with all the names on them.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
MOST OF GCW SHOW TITLES ARE RAP LYRICS OR SONGS. feel silly just noticing this.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

cant believe the exalted one was nick gage

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

cant believe the exalted one was nick gage

#JoinMDKGang

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Raise the roof JD
http://twitter.com/mas_lucha/status/1232068232275746817

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I will be raising the gently caress out of the roof from the front row. That show also has Jungle Boy, Great Sasuke, Kikutaro, Aaron solow, and Bestia 666

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Is "The Space" where that weird tag team tournament was run in Vegas last year? The show that started absurdly late at night and had some Teddy Hart involvement that resulted in Brett having to run a show he had intended to just watch?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's a small comedy club hidden behind the palms

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

i hope to god that ga is enough to get into a shoving match with nick gage!

cannot loving wait, i've been hoping they'd come here

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/drewcordeiro/status/1232090292188262400

did anyone slide into Drew Cordeiro's DMs to ask about this?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's running opposite wrestlemania

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

davidbix posted:

Is "The Space" where that weird tag team tournament was run in Vegas last year? The show that started absurdly late at night and had some Teddy Hart involvement that resulted in Brett having to run a show he had intended to just watch?

Pretty sure Vegas is a new place they running in general, unless you're talking about a different promotion?

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's running opposite wrestlemania

Is it streaming? Cause I need something to watch at that time.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I wish I could make it out to the big gay brunch so instead I just made this and I gotta retweet from Warhorse!

https://twitter.com/JoshSuitcase/status/1232456625698439169?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Major League Wrestling execs were at the CBS/Viacom HQ in New York City yesterday for meetings on a potential TV and streaming rights deal, PWInsider.com has confirmed. We don't have any additional information at this time.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

KungFu Grip posted:

Pretty sure Vegas is a new place they running in general, unless you're talking about a different promotion?
The show last year wasn't a GCW show. Brett just got roped into running it. I was asking if that was the same venue.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MOTY

https://twitter.com/JPWarHorse/status/1232847543354232832

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone tell me who's in the bottom left of this poster

https://twitter.com/f1rstwrestling/status/1232142040726745088

My only thought is that is looks sort of like Kip Sabian but I'm also reasonably sure that it isn't him