Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't know anything about Jersey Championship Wrestling, but apparently GCW bought and is relauching it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMmf33XprCL/?igshid=vqd4ihby8t9o

Jersey Championship Wrestling is what GCW started out as. They rebranded in 2015 after being bought out by Brett Lauderdale, but the original owner retained the tape library, which Brett has now bought and is using to relaunch the promotion, I think as a developmental?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Kylie Ray just wrestled at my local indie last January. She was awesome and so over. I hope she comes back as full time as she wants to be.

Zaqtaro
Apr 12, 2011
I do a poo poo job of keeping you all up to date with Johnny Blast.

Here's the latest story about his first meeting with Bulldozer, now better known as "The Beastman" Fetty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnrYKTh55PQ

Johnny Blast as Mr. Omega, and a look at dealing with Leonard Sims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsC40kiFTM

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Looks like Faye Jackson is retiring

https://twitter.com/fayejackson419/status/1378002711103344644

Happy I got to see one of her last matches at least.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AAW is live with the first of their Saturday Twitch broadcasts: https://www.twitch.tv/aawpro

First hour is live, next two will be recorded for broadcast the next two weeks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Awww that's a bummer. I got to see her wrestle Effy in a brewery in possibly her last public match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Feeling crummy so I took the day off and now I'm watching IWTV and their steamroller of Mania shows. Judge Hugo Lexington Black at Olde Wrestling is maybe my favorite form of Rickey Shane Page.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The Hoodslam offer match on Family Reunion (Willow Nightingale, D-Rogue and James C vs Funnybone, Nurse Ratchet and Super Beast) was pretty awesome. Super Beast is a loving monster and Nurse Ratchet is Abadon-levels of unsettling in the ring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The Lee Moriarty vs Edith Surreal match is shaping up to be something really special. Just some really beautiful chain wrestling, breaking out every now and then into excellent high speed stuff. And Edith's art gallery entrance was fantastic.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know what it is but I can never really get into Gary Jay. Maybe it's the incredibly bad beard.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't know what it is but I can never really get into Gary Jay. Maybe it's the incredibly bad beard.

Also his cape.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Ganso Bomb posted:

For me it's any time I look at WARHORSE, because those two built their names originally off fighting each other all over. It's been 2 years since their Last Man Standing match at the first IWTV Family Reunion and Warhorse has totally reinvented himself into one of the most fun and marketable gimmicks on the indies.

And Gary Jay hasn't changed a bit, including the cape/flag.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
who’s ready to watch a new jack match in 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lumbermouth posted:

Also his cape.

thatguyclint posted:

For me it's any time I look at WARHORSE, because those two built their names originally off fighting each other all over. It's been 2 years since their Last Man Standing match at the first IWTV Family Reunion and Warhorse has totally reinvented himself into one of the most fun and marketable gimmicks on the indies.

These are both extremely good points and probably why I am where I am with him.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Also "stiff robo ginger" is an absolute stinker of a nickname.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
The SUP Action show on IWTV has been pretty good so far. Especially for a Friday noon show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
If anyone's watching GCW today I think a friend of mine is wrestling. She's only been wrestling for a couple years or more, "Killa Kate." If I weren't working I'd be trying to catch a stream. Worried about her traveling to Florida in the middle of all this, but on the other hand it'll be nice for her to make some connections outside of Texas.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

If anyone's watching GCW today I think a friend of mine is wrestling. She's only been wrestling for a couple years or more, "Killa Kate." If I weren't working I'd be trying to catch a stream. Worried about her traveling to Florida in the middle of all this, but on the other hand it'll be nice for her to make some connections outside of Texas.

Hope it goes well for your friend, I've actually seen her wrestle before since I'm in Dallas. But, just FYI, I believe she's on the Other GCW's show, and I'm not sure if those are streaming.

Short-ish version, there was a Florida-based GCW that seemed offended that Game Changer GCW was coming to their turf, so they also booked an entire schedule of shows, and followed through now that Tampa WM is happening. (Hilariously, Game Changer GCW booked The Cuban Club as their venue, while last year other GCW had lined up The Italian Club for their shows.)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
That's....terribly confusing. Cool that you've seen her, though. I've no frame of reference for how long someone's gotta grind before they start sneaking into bigger shows, so I'm just enjoying whatever work she can find.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

thatguyclint posted:

It's a weird balance, because while I think he's still good, WARHORSE generally had better and more interesting matches when he was just "Warhorse" Jake Parnell. But it's also turned him into a much more marketable and widely-booked wrestler. You see the same thing with another St. Louis guy, Danny Adams, who got a LOT more bookings with the weird Dan The Dad comedy gimmick than he did as a really solid tag team wrestler as part of #NoNewFriends. Hell, even Danhausen ties into this: While he's always had his gimmick, he does a lot less comedy and a lot more wrestling in many of his matches back home in AIW, especially scrambles, where he's the glue to those matches. But the meme spots made him an in-demand indie star.

Gary Jay, on the other hand—who's been around MUCH longer than most indie fans realize—started with a comedy gimmick in the first place, working as Gary The Barn Owl on LWA shows in Missouri. In a weird way, it makes perfect sense that he hasn't broken through the way the other top midwest guys have, because it seems highly unlikely that he'd switch to a comedy gimmick or anything like that. He needs nicer gear, that's for sure, but I'm not sure what else he can or will change at this point. He's been wrestling for a 16 years getting pretty regular work, averaging close to one match a week the whole time based just on his Cagematch profile, which is surely incomplete. He's a finished product. There are tweaks that can be made, but not that much is gonna change.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I thought Gary Jay actually got into better shape than I was used to him having. The rest of the look is still shindie as hell tho.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if you have iwtv the newest zona 23 is the most ridiculous poo poo i have ever seen with my eyeballs

i was drunk enough after mania that people convinced me to join them in a discord watch of this and gently caress me it was riveting if nothing else; i've seen aaa have some ridiculous matches but i'd never quite realized how potent the combination of lucha poo poo and deathmatch poo poo is until i was watching a guy trying to wipe a river of blood out from under his mask

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

if you have iwtv the newest zona 23 is the most ridiculous poo poo i have ever seen with my eyeballs

i was drunk enough after mania that people convinced me to join them in a discord watch of this and gently caress me it was riveting if nothing else; i've seen aaa have some ridiculous matches but i'd never quite realized how potent the combination of lucha poo poo and deathmatch poo poo is until i was watching a guy trying to wipe a river of blood out from under his mask

The biggest crime of the pandemic (nudging out the millions of deaths) is we lost out on the GCW vs Zona show in the junkyard.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm the 3-liter Sprite bottle of horchata in the front row

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
SWE has their first PPV this week and the card is an all timer.

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1383806372958007310

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Uhhhh wow. That's uhh. That's some card.

I love how small they made Melina look next to Caz. She can just sit on his shoulder on the way to the ring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I think The Blood Hunter found some blood.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That show has a chance to be an absolute trainwreck

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

world champ sabu in 2021 coming

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vice Tv is going to start airing MLW

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Davros1 posted:

Vice Tv is going to start airing MLW

I get that channel. MLW have anything going on besides Jacob Fatu?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Los Parks, Mil Muertes and the Von Erichs, I guess

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 20, 2021

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I haven't been watching, but Violence is Forever has been working there.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Renee Michelle and Jaynes has big time trainwreck potential.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

Renee Michelle and Jaynes has big time trainwreck potential.

Unless Wes has improved wildly, so does Brisco vs Mil

Don't know anything about Blood Hunter but Sabu has sucked for a long time now.

Less said about Cass the better

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 20, 2021

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also they're doing a Dragon Gate partnership.

I don't think I'll ever watch the show, but the tapings I went to were pretty fun.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I haven't watched anything since the relaunch but they've got ACH, Lio Rush and Calvin Tankman, who are all good. Contra Unit was a neat stable pre-COVID, so I'm assuming they're still cool. I know they've added a couple dudes since I last watched.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

heel turn posted:

I haven't watched anything since the relaunch but they've got ACH, Lio Rush and Calvin Tankman, who are all good. Contra Unit was a neat stable pre-COVID, so I'm assuming they're still cool. I know they've added a couple dudes since I last watched.

What sucks is that MLW has historically had some pretty cool names on their roster but the matches and overall shows have been dogshit boring.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

What sucks is that MLW has historically had some pretty cool names on their roster but the matches and overall shows have been dogshit boring.

I watched the show with Calvin Tankman vs Jacob Fatu cause both those guys whip rear end and it was....very underwhelming. Like, how do you gently caress that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the guys dont get paid for poo poo so they give like 50% effort, it's the mlw stink