Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i hope nick gage wrestles fat mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

His twitter has an uncensored picture of his ball sack caught in a zipper

wow you weren’t kidding that thing is really jammed in there.

good get mlw

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
david arquette vs takeda plz

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Boco_T posted:

I have purchased my ticket to Tournament of Survival 4, so I will be going to that.

cool! kodaka is sick

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

TTBF posted:

I went to a show last night in Canada and saw a guy named Funnybone based out of Las Vegas. He had a great presence and seemed pretty good but it's hard to tell because he was in the only solid match of the show. That can skew things. Anyone else see him or know more about him?

Hell yeah, he’s at Hoodslam all the time. I went a couple months ago and they replaced every wrestler’s theme song with Chasing Waterfalls by TLC.

Hoodslam rules.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

Oh hey, Tim Donst is still around.

How does GCW afford all these fly-ins and name talent? They can't be doing THAT well, and it seems like they run shows all the time.

tax breaks and grants, like most art institutions

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Sami Callihan is a gigantic dickhead so that’s probably as normal as it’s going to get

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

With how close lipped Sami and Havok are about Sami's failings, its really hard to get a sense of redemption coming from their camp. I've gotten DMs from both yelling at me for even mentioning the DV stuff so I just let it go and hope that they both find some sort of peace away from wrestling.

I like Sami's wrecking ball sprint style but there's tons of dudes that can do it safer and with more enthusiasm than the last few outings I've seen of him. Ace Romero, Danhausen, Kevin Ku, just a few names I think off the top of my head.

I think at this point even if Sami did a Matt Hardy and barraged us with a year of youtube apologies and domestic violence awareness PSAs, people would still bring it up and chastise other fans for enjoying his work.

Something tells me Sami would never apologize for anything.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

this match is gonna steal the fuckin show

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i dunno kris’ recent match against janela was sick and i don’t really see this LA show being the hyper violent weirdness like last year

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Then why even go to a GCW show. I mean Masato Tanaka is there, and Nick Gage.

I like gcw I mean we’re prolly not gonna get David Arquette getting stabbed in the neck and Penelope Ford getting splattered for ten minutes.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
gently caress i was kinda hoping tony would be on aew

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Pinche Rudo posted:

King of Indies 2019 Lineup released. I'm going to boo the poo poo out of TJP. Go Dragon Lee and Jake Atlas!!!

JOHNATHAN GRESHAM
• ‘SUPERSTAR’ JAKE ATLAS
• DRAGON LEE
• JR KRATOS
• JUNGLEBOY 
• TJ PERKINS
• ACE ROMERO
• LAREDO KID

Laredo Kid has stolen my heart lately

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

i hope oc eats some gummy worms or something

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
White Claw is currently the Wrestler’s Choice for hard seltzer and I expect we will see more shirts

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is it any good or is it just low carb?

I’m a Truly man.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
remember when vampiro was on commentary and farted so hard his headset mic picked it up? that was cool

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

He changed his name to Mike "Spoon" Mitchell. Was Wiger with him? I'm hoping they'll review the PWG show on a podcast now.

he will always be mitchy two spoons

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
stealing money from sabu seems pretty reasonable.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Schneider Heim posted:

Jeff Cobb, TJP, and Billy Suede are wrestling in the Philippines on October 12. I am debating with myself whether to get the VIP ticket (about $70, which is a pretty huge spike as our usual indie ticket prices are $10) that includes a meet-and-greet with autograph signing. I know about the other two, but I didn't know that Jeff Cobb is also half-Filipino!

Jeff Cobb is fuckin cool but I’d rather eat my shoe than meet TJP

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Effy is slinging branded poppers now so basically he’s my favorite wrestler

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
That Jimmy Lloyd Halloween show is gonna slap and I hope Jimmy non-lethally removes his head like in the poster.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
batista needs all the help he can get and this would help get the word his new indie film dune or whatever

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
“We love doors like Marty Jannetty loves whores”
-Joey Janela

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

this sucks. everyone buy his charity shirt and then not wear it outside of a deathmatch show or people will get mad.

https://theindyconnection.com/products/g-raver-unkillable-benefit-tee

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
CVE is from Reno she cant help but be a dumb piece of poo poo.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
max landis is going to spend all of his and his father’s money on legal fees

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree

max landis should have never been born because john landis should have been in prison at the time of his conception.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yessssss

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

fadmonkey posted:

I hope they let her keep her name.

lmao

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Draxion posted:

Isn't Ciampa's nickname already Blackheart. They're gonna call her Kelsey Connors or something

and bleach her hair

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
what’d necro do :(

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
tank abbot vs shlak should be a math test

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Deathlove posted:

It's not that Tank. I'd almost buy this show if it was!!!

boooooooooooo that’s what i get for assuming it couldn’t be anyone else and not doing any research

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

It was Rock and Roll express against Santana and Ortiz you fool. LA Park is yester-year's news.

pretty sure they’re talking about takeda v lloyd which was, in fact, the best thing of the weekend.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

beggar posted:

Fans at ringside should probably shelf mobbing Gage even after Corona, completely avoidable

no

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

If a bunch of fans want to mosh with Gage and he wants to mosh with them, cool, whatever. If like, its a thing that we have to trust wrestling fans not to just not care what people in the crowd think or how they feel about boundaries or how they want to be touched. Well I've been in mosh pits (both by choice and against my will) and they're not nice places that are good to people.

And I mean, its obviously just a stupid as gently caress and incredibly irresponsible thing to do in a pandemic.

considering her twitter bio says “annoying gcw fan” i’m going to assume it wasn’t her first gage match.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
if you’re that worried about the pandemic you shouldn’t be watching any wrestling at all

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

:( a sad day for mongrovia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m hoping rsp retains and we get 44OH’s Spring Break