Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

His twitter has an uncensored picture of his ball sack caught in a zipper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

So no Moxley at the PWG show?

Rumor is that his first bookings are in June.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fenix lying to them is lame as hell but whining about how no one will believe you if the worst way to get people to believe you.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I believe AIW. I'm just saying when everyone is already inclined not to trust you the worst thing you can do is call attention to the fact that no one will trust you.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

"Everyone"

:confused:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok, sure, whatever, I just think his post is loving whiny and dumb and a stupid way to get sympathy. Fenix is still the way bigger piece of poo poo for bailing on them because he's getting that AEW money.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hey, I'm baffled by someone trying to apply victim blaming to carnies acting unprofessionally but here we are.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Draxion posted:

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1130158930905059328?s=19

They're getting guys with 120 followers on Twitter now, this owns. Watch his highlight video in the first reply.

I love that his highlight video is him doing things relatively safe and also him getting murdered by taking moves from other guys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I love him and I'm very excited for this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I missed what exactly happened, did he crack his head on the floor?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Deathlove posted:

So what happened after G-Raver hit his head and Shlak came out because I noped at that point

Jimmy Lloyd also ran in and it became a 3-way.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, actual match was almost entirely breaking light tubes because its a good way to kill time and pop the crowd with no plan.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, good on her if that's what she wants but it seems like a huge mistake. WWE gave so many young wrestlers brain worms so that they think they need to work for WWE to "make it".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She was also starting to actually become a good wrestler instead of just an entertaining wrestler and WWE really is not the place to go to become better at wrestling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I'd firmly put Sami in the category of decent to good wrestler who occasionally has moments of brilliance. He's just a trash everything else and his wrestling isn't worth having to deal with all that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That price takes the sting out of me deciding I'd rather go to njpw and aew in Boston instead of flying to PWG. Those matches are still really good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it's really hard to read Cornette's original comment and see it as anything besides him wishing G-Raver had died.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Didn't he also claim to have quit fyter fest after match 3?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That kinda sucks about Cass. He doesn't seem like a piece of poo poo look like Enzo, just a guy who seems really disfunctional and doesn't have a ton of control over his own life.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The heel hid the doors under the ring so that he could put someone through it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A bit of it is but it is a fairly small amount. It's the sort of thing that will cause problems if you're exposed to it a lot and won't show up until years from now. The audience isn't at risk. The wrestlers? They're death match wrestlers, they don't give a poo poo.

Edit: I would be more worried about flying glass/accidently inhaling or swallowing glass.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 26, 2019

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

Death match wrestling would be 1000% cooler if all the fans wore masks anyway

One of the things I love about GCW is everyone in the front row wearing bandanas and masks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Still kind of bummed that they're using a bigger indy name like Deppen in the Discovery Gauntlet

Eh, wasn't Deppen an unknown outside of the west coast at the beginning of the year? Seems fine to still call him up and coming, especially for an east coast promotion. (If I'm totally remembering his career so far let me know)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Welp, no clue who I'm thinking of then.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really like Tom but I like him as a character more than a wrestler. He's just ok as a wrestler.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

both Briggs and Dickinson have had some serious mouth before brain engaged moments.

In what way? I know Dickinson is mouthy but generally in a good way. Dude seems willing to speak up when he thinks something is wrong.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those are all bizarre dream matches I didn't know I needed. Thanks insane principal.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I absolutely would not argue that death match wrestling is safer. Just that death match wrestling can be safe if it wants to be and that your average death match and your average straight wrestling match are equally as dangerous.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's very polarizing but I came around on him when I realized he's not really doing a joker gimmick. It's a lot weirder and pulls from a ton of stuff.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's been fun today to see everyone suddenly switch their opinions on ACH calling out Lethal.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm curious to see what happens with ACH and AEW. Is be surprised if he does end up there. I feel like it's more likely he turns them down and works indies and maybe some njpw dates for a bit. Or they just don't offer one because the Elite appear to be boys with Lethal.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

someone just posted this clip on Twitter and holy moly

https://twitter.com/early90spants/status/1203806613246603264

My favorite thing at GCW shows is the fans willingness to catch wrestlers and to fall down into a pile to help sell something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jaka is back? Nice.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You can't loving blame your lovely vetting on the devil.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

Here's the gif, spoilered because AHHHH loving CHRIST WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

https://twitter.com/ganba_ruttan3/status/1224298673678376960?s=19

I really like death match wrestling. Like, I love it.

Holy poo poo I loving hate this video. This is horrifying and way too much and a very stupid way to gently caress yourself up horribly.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think so, his previous band Call The Ambulance absolutely were Nazis though.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Has she said anything about her seizure and what triggered it?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gotcha. Yeah, they're not a mosh pit like at a music show. It's pretty much like that gif but instead of an open field it's 10 or 12 people hugging/patting Gage and just being a little rowdy in a half full bar or legion hall. I don't think it's anything like the lovely pits you've been in, I've been in those lovely pits too.

Edit: And I'm with you on the pandemic but I can't control them having the show and if I spent energy worrying about things I can't control that are miles away from me I won't have the energy for the things I can control happening at my doorstep.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 21, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Despite all my rage I'm still just a mark who can't pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Yay, finally American Heavymetalweight shenanigans will be free of Joey Ryan's influence.