Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

TTBF posted:

I went to a show last night in Canada and saw a guy named Funnybone based out of Las Vegas. He had a great presence and seemed pretty good but it's hard to tell because he was in the only solid match of the show. That can skew things. Anyone else see him or know more about him?

He is a real journeyman who has been working for years at Indies of all levels in the western US. Most notably and easily accessible would be his stuff at Hoodslam in San Francisco, Best of the West & West Coast Wrestling Connection in California, Future Stars of Wrestling in Las Vegas, and Party Hard Wrestling in Arizona. Most of those promotions are available for streaming on either Twitch, Fite, or IWTV so you have options if you want to check some of his recent stuff out. He's always working so there's probably a lot of other places I don't know about where he'll pop up if you search around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

MLW booked the fake Sheik recently so they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Fatu is very talented but I have a hard time looking past fake Sheik's overall, uh, embarrassing history. This isn't really a problem for me because I haven't watched MLW since they booked LA Park vs. PCO and the show is boring, as has already been established in this thread.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I was hoping for this.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

The finals of BOLA will be Caveman Ugg vs. Barbaro Cavernario vs. Jungle Boy.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Jim Cornette believes that ninja turtles should be allowed to be wrestlers and whip his rear end and he's not wrong about that but I think it's time to wrap it up, Cornailures.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I love Shotzi and I'm surprised it took her this long to get on a GCW show

I hope this is an indicator that she has escaped the WWE sphere of influence. I dunno what her arrangement is with EVOLVE but it makes me nervous.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

Japan doesn't let you into the country if you've gone to prison.

This is true but the first IWGP Intercontinental Champion MVP was somehow able to find a way to get a work visa in Japan even though he went to prison.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

If you have wrestling near you and you're able to go, you should go!

This poster gets it.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

They probably want to book ZSJ to win so Low Ki won't actually show up.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

If you want to use a promo code to sign up for IWTV, please check and see if your local indie is on there because they probably have a promo code of their own that you could use to help them out. GCW has the buzz and the IWTV machine behind them, they'll be fine. You can't say the same for most indie promotions.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Relatively speaking, sir.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Just wanna say Nasty Leroy vs Dilf was match of the year. GCW is amazing.

"That Man" with the most genius finish in the business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Like everyone else said, the NWA World Heavyweight title isn't going anywhere, there will always be diehards out there to keep it alive in some capacity even if there isn't a functioning NWA.

In the immediate future, I would expect Aldis and the title to hang around Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and their spin-offs since their United Wrestling Network concept has always been trying to replicate the NWA. The people in charge there are big fans of the NWA brand and were instrumental in Corgan's revival efforts.

I suppose it could also show up in ROH.