Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

Now that NOVA is dead the official promotion of the nation’s capital is FLYING V FIGHTS which has run one show, in a black box theatre with lasers
Yeah it ruled. I hope their second show in July also has lasers. Also they're cool because they are a nonprofit and all their proceeds are given to charities.

If you're a Baltimoron there is MCW Pro Wrestling which is a ROH Dojo and seems to be doing well. Their shows are generally fun, and they are having a crab-eating benefit for their lead trainer who was just diagnosed with cancer. Velveteen Dream and Lio Rush both came out of there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NOVA Pro is dead, long live Prime Time Pro Wrestling.

https://dcist.com/story/19/04/15/d-c-is-getting-its-first-indie-pro-wrestling-show/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

yeah my friends were looking at the account and the gent was one of the first 10 followers lmao

Gator was the one that booked Majin Beef so at least I can hope for them again

I wish they had taken an extra 10 minutes to figure out a name that's not the most generic thing ever, but oh well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

The Northern Virginia Wrestling Experience

This is DC-based so it would be the DC Wrestling Experience!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PTPW sold out their front row seats in less than an hour. Good for them!

https://twitter.com/PrimeTimePW/status/1119222287247519744

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

I got one, and frankly I'm shocked they sold out so fast because that line-up is not great as far as being a premier level indie show and it usually took weeks for NOVA to sell out the front row. Luckily I was online when they went on sale, I guess.

Sold out all the seats. Standing room only now. Great for them! I only managed to get 2nd/3rd row since I forgot the on-sale was at 9 and I assumed they'd be available for a bit since, yeah, NOVA didn't sell out particularly quickly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm going to GalaxyCon in Richmond VA and a bunch of wrestlers are appearing and there's wrestling shows every night, which is pretty neat. I'm sure it won't be particularly high quality, but whatever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I legit want to see Mark Henry.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Flying V announced Mike Quackenbush for their next show

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Prime Time Pro Wrestling’s first show was, in fact, an Indy wrestling show. Some good local talent, some raw as gently caress cannon fodder, and a fun main event. Got my $20 worth.
Same OP.

I was talking to Lolo at the after party and she said DC Brau is already talking about getting working AC for the next event, and that it was *really* successful for them, so sounds like it did well for everyone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I guess Prime Time Pro also announced Jimmy Jacobs for the next show, so it won't be entirely local talent.

https://twitter.com/PrimeTimePW/status/1132783093629292546

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's cool he picked up *that* phone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Draxion posted:

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1137067368113459205?s=19

I'm unreasonably excited for this match. Night 1 also has Lee Moriarty vs Colt Cabana, Nick Gage vs AJ Gray, and MJF vs Savio Vega announced.

Safety first!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

kinetic77 posted:

A fun thing that happened at my wrestle show the other night. https://twitter.com/thestrappodcast/status/1140444026492973057?s=21

We used to do that spot in college at 3am while "studying"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are there any good shows in NYC this weekend?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm worse than all of them, actually.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

Guy who bought everyone pizza at PWG noooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1141058039824433153

I am extremely shocked that the guy who did PUA tactics at a comic convention and bragged in an interview about giving an ex an eating disorder and destroying her self worth turned out to be an abusive rapist.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah I also got front row. Looking forward to it! It was definitely good and chill.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I don’t know, I liked the main! But I also like the Ugly Ducklings, and that helps a bunch.

Doing a show in a well built black box theatre makes the sound fantastic, and helps with the main problem of Nova Pro always sounding like Peanuts adults.
I could never hear the promos at Nova Pro even from the front row. PTPW seems to have solved that. And Flying V just has a huge advantage in that area.

And yeah, I enjoyed the main event. Ants are fun as are the Ugly Ducklings.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

wait which post do i read now

this one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

I was at GCW on Friday, and it ruled. Today I checked out of my hotel and drove to DC Brau (on the way home) for Prime Time. It’s still 85 degrees in this loving brewery and I’m significantly less excited for this show.

That poo poo sucked and the crowd was dead by intermission.

Show was okay, but nothing spectacular.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anything MRT does is good for a clown. At the circus.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I went to a free Flying V show on the UMD campus. It was only like 1.5 hours long, but I wasn't complaining for free. Nothing too spectacular, but live wrestling is always fun! There was a nasty bump, though, when O'Shay Edwards dropped The Proletariat Boar of Moldova right on his head. He took a bit to get up and the ref looked a bit concerned, but ultimately did, so hopefully it was a work or nothing too serious.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Primetime Pro got a writeup in The Washington Post.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm legit sad I can't make the next Flying V show. Yeah give them a watch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are there any rumors of where WM will be held next year? I'm thinking I might head wherever it is and catch a bunch of cool-rear end indie shows and pretend WWE doesn't exist.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I haven't seen this guy (correct pronoun?) wrestle yet but he seems to be pretty drat cool

He's fun! He won the 51st State Championship at the last Prime Time Pro show

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I totally forgot they were released.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They are giant by indie standards which is good enough for me. Especially Konor since he got fat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wrestling is serious business

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pinche Rudo posted:

Apparently the Faye-Effy match wasn't the only horny thing at the show

https://twitter.com/fayejackson419/status/1236983148199710723?s=19

Definitely explains the long-rear end lines. Granted, they have exactly two single-stall bathrooms, so it wouldn't be good at the best of times.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was looking for Prime Time Pro's but couldn't find it and used the GCW one. Wish I'd known about the Red Cross one. Oh well. I plan on making use of this subscription.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

In the lull of wrestling right now I've been watching a ton of old ROH and CZW shows and I'm wonder if there's any guys out there at the moment that just have that intimidating, beat your rear end aura that was around in the mid-late 00's like Joe, Super Dragon, Necro Butcher, Low-Ki, Kingston, etc. I know Nick Gauge is still around and I watch GCW on occasion but nobody's really popping out to me right now as that kind of wrestler
O'Shay Edwards maybe?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Geez, at least one local indy (MCW) has said they won't start running shows again until September. Not sure what Prime Time Pro is doing, but I know they and Flying V have canceled at least through June.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yesssssss

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

I need to actually see Trish Adora wrestle. I've only seen promo shots and ringside photos. She looks like a big timey star.

She's green, but gets better every time I see her, and she has a TON of charisma. She'll definitely be a star.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

DC wrestling is dead again, now that both Flying V and Prime Time are cancelled
https://twitter.com/PrimeTimePW/status/1276901820020011008

We still have F1ght Club Pro Wrestling, but yeah. :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

O'Shay Edwards decided to write up a list of matches he wants to have at some point. He's been working local indies, but if the world is in any way just (and hahahaahhahaha) he'll be a huge star somewhere at some point.

https://twitter.com/AllDamnDayOShay/status/1278864145811746818?s=20

https://twitter.com/AllDamnDayOShay/status/1278876420056461313?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lamuella posted:

The matches I've seen from him have been super impressive. It's a short match, but his bout against Arik Royal from Flying V Fights in December is an amazing shitkicking. In my neverending quest for AEW to get more black wrestlers and more beefy boys, I would love O'Shay to come in and just knock gently caress out of some people.

I need to get back on IWTV. That was the first Flying V show I missed since I was flying home during it.