Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love picking out different people in the crowd to watch each time it loops. The kid in the front row with an insanely delayed reaction might be my favorite, but I also like the person a few rows up who is either filming or just looking at their phone. No reaction whatsoever when it happens. They just look up with the least effort possible a second or two after the bump and it kills me each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WrestleCircus is teasing an announcement for Friday

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/1112916388744761344?s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, they have lots of good names but the TV shows are all pretty boring. Sometimes they're good, very rarely great. It's truly bizarre.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Phew

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1116087256375279616?s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love the NJPW post match comment thing. Pressure's off, just go out there and say something. So many stories get told in those 2-3 minute promos without needing promos on the proper show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lawlor is pretty rough. His MLW stuff especially highlights how far he has to go. A lot of his matches range from just being incredibly boring to being actively bad. I don't think he has the overall sense of timing down for wrestling, or something... I don't know. Something just isn't clicking yet.

Edit: And I know, everyone is more boring in MLW but still.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's a bummer WrestleCircus is going to run on Sundays from now on, because I'll probably not go to a show at this rate. Their shows usually run way too long and unpredictably so, and I really don't want to be out at a show until 11 on a Sunday. I get them running Sundays because it's cheaper in that venue, but... maybe find a cheaper venue, or run shows earlier. Or, wild idea, don't book every show to be 8-10 matches.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They swore they were done running long shows after the 5 hour one I went to, sounds like they're back on their bullshit

I think it wound up being 4/4.5 judging by Twitch (I think... I feel like it started at 7 and was still on around 11? Maybe it was 10, though.), and I really don't have the patience for more than 3 hour indie wrestling show at this point.

Edit: Looks like it has a runtime of 3:48 on their Twitch page.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 13, 2019

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kind of funny that MLW couldn't somehow pull this match off since they built the story for so long.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I might buy TOS tomorrow but don't want to support a show with Shlak on it, so if anyone can let me know if that dirtbag winds up on the show that'd be great.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NuclearPotato posted:

I am sincerely hoping that Jimmy Lloyd didn't cut open an artery on that scissor board spot :stonk:

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING SCISSOR BOARDS

Nonetheless, looking forward to seeing this with coffee and breakfast tomorrow.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

for $15 i got to see a bunch of dudes nearly kill themselves and shlak look foolish so I’m satisfied.

Oh, so Shlak was there? That's a no-go from me then.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Janela doesn't strike me as a stamina guy. He seemed blown up against Statlander tonight toward the end, so an iron man match should be interesting to say the least.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CombineThresher posted:

Oh hey, Tim Donst is still around.

How does GCW afford all these fly-ins and name talent? They can't be doing THAT well, and it seems like they run shows all the time.

Nick Gage robbed a bank

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope this doesn't mean Callihan is headed to AEW.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

His MLW run was so dumb and boring. He delivered exactly one promo over and over, where he berates the camera person and tells them how to film him and then hits the same phrases or points each time.

Also, he looks like a gross dirtbag and not in a fun way.

I know the whole thing is "MLW makes everybody boring" but his run felt different from that. They tried to make him the big thing but he always came off like such a dork.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There are some great/dumb-but-made-me-laugh loving tweets in that thread.

https://twitter.com/Palmer2189/status/1140971118695768064

https://twitter.com/tarpisscott/status/1140854645746819073

https://twitter.com/jmass7/status/1140949982780043265

Also, Court is going in on Sami now:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Slam Shady is such a good loving name, god drat

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

In another twist of "idiots can do good things sometimes", apparently the reason Sami Callihan spit on Cornette at MLW was because of his shithead comments about Sonny Kiss in his Double Or Nothing review.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

OOF, that dude's loving back must be killing him

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How many times do you think they'll call each other "bitch" during the match?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

just rust posted:

MLW booked the fake Sheik recently so they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

Yeah but he and Fatu loving rule and also Simon Gotch is there for some reason

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

heel turn posted:

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1154469780746690560

Someone that's going to any of these shows this weekend should grab one of these and send it to me. I'll reimburse and pay shipping, obviously.

Edit: Sounds like GCW may put them up for sale online

BOOOO stealing ideas from Allie Kat

https://twitter.com/meowdyxyall/status/1152265425952083968

Joey Janela was always bad (a bad bad boy).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh, I'm not actually sour about it. Allie's was fan art too, inspired by her breaking edge to live on White Claw.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm at one of our local indies for the first time tonight (AAPW, https://instagram.com/officialaapw?igshid=1u7iawfxk2mv9) and so far the most over guy is a black, gay wrestler named Romeo Cox. The place went crazy for him and there were several "We love Cox" chants.

The owner is also gay, and hangs a US flag, Texas flag, and gay pride flag in the building. He cut a hype promo about everyone being equal and all that good stuff and everyone was losing their minds cheering.

Even in Austin, which is only sort of Texas, it's nice to see that the non super indie wrestling fans have no prejudice.

Another dude got so much heat cheating to win the title that his promo couldn't be heard over the boos. It's a sweaty warehouse with no AC and maybe 100 people.

It rules.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

go to party world rasslin and remember to hail mother worm

We've been! We don't go as often as we should but that poo poo is wildly fun.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Beyond Wrestling presents Valentine's Slay would be very good. Someone get on the horn with those people.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Thought people might like to know Nick Mondo's doc is up on Amazon Prime.

Called The Trade.

Watched this a few weeks ago and it gets a little cheesy at some points but overall it was a really great watch. Definitely recommend it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I Before E posted:

I'm excited for whatever the shoot style version of the Cobra ends up being

A live cobra

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If anyone's looking for something to watch tonight, one of our local indies is back streaming on Twitch (and YouTube and Facebook Live) tonight.

AAPW is a school in Austin, Texas running shows every other Saturday. Notable previous graduates are Allie Kat and Reina Gonzalez.

Tonight's top matches are VertVixen vs Riley X Paris vs Nova Phoenix in what is the beginnings of AAPW's women's division, and Steve O Reno vs Manny Domingo. Both guys just competed at the WWN Do Or Die Showcase last month and this is their first match against each other.

Check it out on Twitch if you're around! Show starts at 8pm CT: https://www.twitch.tv/officialaapw

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 14, 2019

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've got a day with no plans. Was Bloodsport worth the $20?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CVagts posted:

NDK better stand for what I think it stands for.

Kris posted about it either on Twitter or in an Instagram story so I'm pretty sure it does

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That concession stand lady was ready to gently caress somebody up if they ruined her snacks.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prazak had also called the 2 BLP shows earlier in the day, so he'd been calling matches since like 12:15 (he showed up late to the first show). If he was trashed, he earned it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"Talent Announcement" is a weird nickname for him but whatever he wants!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

born on a buy you posted:

After two filthy tom lawler matches I can say I never need to see a third. Jacob fatu is nuts though

I always want to like Lawlor a lot more than I do. I'm not sure why I have that desire.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

NXT Paul: NO YOU CANNOT CALL YOURSELF SHOTZI BIG BALLS. MY BALLS HAVE TO BE BIGGER
Shotzi: gently caress YOU PAUL I GOT THE BIGGEST BALLS OF THEM ALL

We wish Shotzi Blackheart the best in her future endeavors.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe they'll make her last name Mahoney in tribute to Balls Mahoney.

Of course, that would require them to care about/want to pay homage to ECW at all.

Balls.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Deathlove posted:

Soaring highs, crashing lows.

Also sending Ren Narita to Crown Point is a war crime.

I will also be endeavouring to be at the Kaiju! show!! which triggered the name Louden Noxious in my head, I know he was with Chikara for a while but I don't think he's still doing that, was he a sexpest or something or did he just move away from wrestling?

I haven't heard anything bad about him (not that I'm in the loop or anything), but he was the ring announcer for Wrestle Circus in Texas until it officially closed up shop (again) a few months back. I think he's just involved on a want-to basis, but it may not be his #1 driving thing to do with his life since he seems to pop up places so infrequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Low Desert Punk posted:

i really wish i liked watching tom wrestle but i just don't

Well good news, this will be the last time anyone has to watch it because this is going to be a murder.