Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

(Grace made the banner thank him for it)

Some time ago, Grace and I were traveling through the desert on a horse named Gorff, because Grace saved a faerie from one of those hosed up glue traps designed for mice, and she told us of a great treasure that we could steal if we were total assholes. We are, and also I'm poor as hell, so we decided to get rich as poo poo off faerie treasure or whatever. While traveling through the desert we came across an oasis, where we asked a fellow traveler about the faerie treasure, and if he knew why faerie was spelled faerie instead of fairy, or at the very least which one was correct. He had no loving idea what we were talking about and he assumed we were drunk as poo poo (I actually was drunk as poo poo, for the record) and he left, leaving us right where we started. After traveling east for a few more hours, we came across what looked like a vast forest. A forest in the desert? It seemed like nonsense and obviously magic. When we entered the forest, our path blocked behind us and in a flash of blinding light a witch appeared, who cackled about how we entered the EVIL FOREST OF loving whatever the point is we were right about it being magic and she was a jackass about it. Grace tried to use his gay magick against her but she had an antigay amulet that blocked his attacks. She didn't have an antifist amulet though so I decked her in the loving mouth and stole all the poo poo she had in her pockets while she was laid out. After some traveling we found her shack and kicked open her poorly crafted door. Inside of her hut was a bunch of stupid bullshit and a really noticable and shiny golden chest. It was locked, but in the witch's pockets we found a golden key that might just do the trick! We opened the chest and it was completely empty except for an old timey lamp. I wanted to biff the lamp out the window but Grace was like "no it's obviously magic if it was locked away" because Grace is always right about everything and god knows Dan never knows what he's doing. Grace actually was right though and rubbed the lamp to cause a genie to pop out. I asked the genie whether "Genie" or "Djinni" was correct and he said "It's complicated, but I know Genie is easier for you english speaking dudes so that's cool with me, don't sweat it." because he was a very polite boy. I then wished for him to gently caress off and drank a bunch of unlabeled bottles that I think were alcohol but I'm not super sure. In any case we burned down that lovely hut and bailed the gently caress out because the whole forest caught on fire and we didn't rescue the witch because she was an rear end in a top hat.

A couple months later we found a wooden crate full of video game roms and decided to play them for the internet here they are

Episodes!:

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 1 - Sim City/Toy Story
Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 2 - Revolution X/Flintstones/Battle Cars

Danaru fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:allears: The most beautiful OP of all time.

e:

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 22, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Grace should make all your banners

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe I actually read that OP.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

GrandmaParty posted:

Grace should make all your banners

i'm an artist

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Grace posted:

i'm an artist

There was 3 frames of a factory before they unionized and it shut down

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We actually recorded these episodes way back in January, but I wanted to make a big fancy banner. Eventually I remembered I have no artistic ability and just used Grace's :v:

Also despite us switching from "8/16 bit Romcom" to "Chaos Romcom" specifically so I can play Mission Impossible on N64, our first ten or so episodes are all on the SNES :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think you should try to play Kengo on PS2.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Well I wasn't expecting Bowser to attack, but natural disasters are, well, natural and maybe plan better next time? Not that I'd do much better the first...dozen or so attempts. One of the many reasons I don't play sim games.

That Toy Story one seems like it could've at least been playable for the average child in 1995, unlike a lot of bad games I've seen at AGDQ. What's in store next time?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 2 - Revolution X/Flintstones/Battle Cars

Part of why I was so excited to find the first rom was because nobody ever believes me when I tell them about the Aerosmith vs Fascism arcade game unless I have immediate proof.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Grace should make every LP's banner!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You arn't the only one with a wierd nostalgia for Revolution X. I remember that there were a few cabinets of that game in arcades around here when I was a little kid and arcades were still a thing. Also in hindsight that game now feels like what a game made by Alex Jones would look like.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know why nobody would believe Revolution X exists. I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power. I think it even said where all the band members are hidden.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I freaking loved the SNES versions of Toy Story and Revolution X as a kid.

I was a weird kid.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

AceOfFlames posted:

I freaking loved the SNES versions of Toy Story and Revolution X as a kid.

I was a weird kid.

Don't worry, in a few episodes I explain how Battletoads in Battlemaniacs was my childhood defining game :negative:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ned wearing a crowbar over his shoulder as an accessory loving slew me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

CirclMastr posted:

I can't believe I actually read that OP.
It would have been a shame if I hadn't.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
every night I despair because I know I will never produce anything that can match the text intro for this LP

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Let Grace make more banners

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I want Grace to make my banners

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I never thought about the sprite mirroring in revolution X - I always figured that Aerosmith just had some weird beef with Reznor/NIN.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 3 - The Star Trek One

Posting this early because I planned on posting it tomorrow, but I work a weird shift tomorrow and I can pretty much guarantee I'll forget.

Hey can you figure out which one of us is a big Star Trek fan and which one isn't??

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TNG is the best Star Trek but Garek was awesome.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The group with the hats that Fred and Barney were part of was the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo. And I somehow remembered most of that without having to look it up.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 3 - The Star Trek One

Posting this early because I planned on posting it tomorrow, but I work a weird shift tomorrow and I can pretty much guarantee I'll forget.

Hey can you figure out which one of us is a big Star Trek fan and which one isn't??

Plenty of unironically Good Opinions in the first few minutes of the episodes:

- DS9 is Best Trek;
- Sisko is Best Captain;
- Jadzia Dax is Best Character;
- Garak is v.cool.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 4 - Battletoad In Battlemaniacs/Battletoads And Double Dragon

That's actually where I almost always game over'd as a kid since not only do you have to be able to notice this loving thing on a tiny-rear end barely working CRT

But you also have to realize it's NOT a ramp, and that you have to hit the jump button at the exact three frames you come in contact with it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 5 - Power Rangers: The Movie: The Game

This game rips poo poo

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Ah yes, Power Rangers. The ultimate god-killer.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan and Grace's Chaos Softlock

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Magnet Brain was all about killing you and then just lost interest and walked off.

Do you think he's bipolar?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Aw poo poo Animorphs reference out of left field. I loving love that series, it's still a YA series but it has aged quite well.

Also the author is not a dickbag unlike JK Rowling so that's a plus. KA Applegate says trans rights!

https://twitter.com/kaaauthor/status/934923960772202496

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Oh yeah, how come when you talk about other Youtubers here it's fine, but when I do it in Wheel of Fortune it's a crime?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

Oh yeah, how come when you talk about other Youtubers here it's fine, but when I do it in Wheel of Fortune it's a crime?

I don't remember the specific Wheel of Fortune incident you mean, but with Grace I have methods of leveraging him into good behaviour that don't work with other people. Also they don't always work with Grace but I can usually keep him from starting beef with people who aren't named CirclMastr

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I don't remember the specific Wheel of Fortune incident you mean

When you brought up Dick the Birthday Boy and it led to me trying to explain Rich Evans and RedLetterMedia.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I hate you for introducing me to the phrase "Live fast, eat rear end" because I use it now

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Mikl posted:

Aw poo poo Animorphs reference out of left field. I loving love that series, it's still a YA series but it has aged quite well.

Also the author is not a dickbag unlike JK Rowling so that's a plus. KA Applegate says trans rights!

https://twitter.com/kaaauthor/status/934923960772202496

The whole series is available online for free these days and I may have to read them because my stepmother banned me from them! I didn't have words for how awkward I felt in my body (ugh, dysphoria), so I used to describe it as feeling like I'd been abducted by aliens at some point. She, somehow, drew a link between that and the Yeerks. I could read pretty much anything else I could get my hands on though.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Hospital housekeeping looks like a brutal job. Thank you for empathizing with the patients instead of being mad at having to clean up after them.

I never read Animorphs and I'm glad for it because everything I've heard is that it was horrifying and I'm glad I stuck to Stephen King instead. "Are You Afraid Of The Dark?" was great, I should try to find episodes at some point and see how it compares to the original Twilight Zone for shits and terrors.

I didn't expect Power Rangers of all things to pull a philosophical stunt like Survivor's Guilt. No wonder our generation's so hosed up and nihilistic.

p.s. usually curses are dangerous and expensive to cast, but they tend to actually be quite easy the more extremely Christian someone is :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
For the record, Applegate’s husband, Michael Grant deserves as much credit for Animorphs as she does as they co-wrote the books under a shared pen name and then starting writing their own individual series under their own names after it was all over. Dude’s just as good as his wife and loves to go hammer on lovely people like Republicans all the time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 6 - SPORTS!!!

When I was a kid and we played ball hockey at school, I was always hot garbage at stick handling and all of the fairly necessary parts of Hockey, but I was very good at being too large to bodycheck and gaining momentum. Generally my job was either area denial or clearing the way for the smaller dorks to actually score points.

That context will make this episode make more sense

(Also check out that shots/goals ratio at the end of the first period :smuggo:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

OK, so now that you're not quite so drunk (or at least can wait until that's true to reply) - seriously, what is an off-side? Because yeah, it really did look like the ref would declare it any time you were about to score a goal.