Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is your position?
This poll is closed.
for 27 19.57%
against 49 35.51%
gently caress you im not voting 62 44.93%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Twelve Batmans posted:

Isn't this pretty much understood though.

Like for instance of any genre you would say perhaps you like "x" or "y", but clearly you only like a specific niche of it. I like sci-fi. But everyone who likes sci-fi knows 99% of it is absolutely poo poo, weird poo poo, weird racist poo poo, weird sexist poo poo, or poo poo so weird you can't even classify it but it gives you a boner so you keep it around.

It's specific to anime. I notice people always have to tell me they hate anime before they start talking about how much they love "One Punch Man" or "JoJo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I think you all are generizing way too much, when the history of anime can be traced back to the start of the 20th century, with the earliest verifiable films dating from 1917. While anime offers several contributions to the lives of its viewers, one of the first dividends paid out is the increase in multitasking capabilities. Keeping track of the action whilst reading the subtitles is not an easy task, at first; initially, there is a lot of rewinding because you missed what a character said or something didn't make sense so you played it again just to make sure you caught everything. Especially when a villain is explaining the elaborate scheme, and the work it took to setup said scheme, it can be a taxing affair. As you continue watching, however, your reading speed increases and you learn to read the subtitles and track the action happening on screen simultaneously. Multitasking is a skill that is necessary in our day in age; as a project manager, student or a entry/mid-level worker we are often given multiple assignments to work on at the same time. Anime did 9/11 they don't want you to know Even though when watching anime you aren't juggling the same task as you would in a work environment, an anime watcher send help has established the groundwork to figure out a system that works for him or her. And it's pronounced ah-ni-meh, not anna may.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mummy Xzibit posted:

I like Akira

The story in akira is dumb

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaunab posted:

The story in akira is dumb

Shut the gently caress up Tetsuo

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i gently caress with anime

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Whenever anyone insults anime I get so mad I just start powering up to unleash a massive torrent of abuse on them.

Unfortunately it takes me like 8 episodes to actually power up so they've usually gone home.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Shinjobi posted:

Shut the gently caress up Tetsuo

Shut up nerd

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I like some anime

Lots of anime is bad

In summary, entertainment media is a land of contrasts

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/zJbxNOd.mp4

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

whew

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Edgar posted:

How about parents who name their daughters Anna May?

eat the cake

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

why is 75 percent of the dialogue in anime "ahhh!, ah?" or "uhn" and how damaged does your brain have to be for that to track as natural?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nyan~~

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaunab posted:

Shut up nerd

Heh, I know you are but what am I

:pwn:

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Mozi posted:

nyan~~

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Tane posted:

anime is the fourth great scourge after alcohol, opium and not eating rear end

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this is me posting about anime, anime rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Live Free posted:

I think you all are generizing way too much, when the history of anime can be traced back to the start of the 20th century, with the earliest verifiable films dating from 1917. While anime offers several contributions to the lives of its viewers, one of the first dividends paid out is the increase in multitasking capabilities. Keeping track of the action whilst reading the subtitles is not an easy task, at first; initially, there is a lot of rewinding because you missed what a character said or something didn't make sense so you played it again just to make sure you caught everything. Especially when a villain is explaining the elaborate scheme, and the work it took to setup said scheme, it can be a taxing affair. As you continue watching, however, your reading speed increases and you learn to read the subtitles and track the action happening on screen simultaneously. Multitasking is a skill that is necessary in our day in age; as a project manager, student or a entry/mid-level worker we are often given multiple assignments to work on at the same time. Anime did 9/11 they don't want you to know Even though when watching anime you aren't juggling the same task as you would in a work environment, an anime watcher send help has established the groundwork to figure out a system that works for him or her. And it's pronounced ah-ni-meh, not anna may.

It's true, bin Laden loved it