Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

luxury handset posted:

there's a few logistics issues dependent on larger facilities. for like a coffee shop or a small office then single occupant bathrooms make sense but the concept quickly breaks down when you get to where you need to handle more users and then you'll want to have shared bathrooms, around which the politics of bathroom usage starts to kick in and you also need to ensure adequate provisioning of specialized bathrooms like family/handicapped

at the very least there's a biological division between "do you pee standing up or sitting down" that becomes important when dealing with large crowds of people

Just get rid of the gender split. Have one bathroom for peeing, one for pooping. This wouldn't even need a change of plumbing anywhere since we already have one bathroom full of stalls and one that's a split of urinals and stalls.

Create handicap accessible bathrooms as best able and in accordance with law and policy.

HPanda fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

you do not 'gotta hand it to them'

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
long live the new flesh

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why does a 2020 Trump victory seem possible to many goons here?
He won because democrat turnout was depressed by Hilary enough for him to win, despite having low turnout himself.
Why would he win again if Midterm turnout was so high?
I don't think Sanders/Harris/O Rourke would make the same mistakes Hilary did.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

theflyingorc posted:

It's not as dumb as those pig's blood bullets.

You believe that their religion is false, and that their teachings against pork are false. So when you shoot them, you're putting pork into their system, which means that...

They are judged by Christianity's rules in the afterlife, which has no problem with pork, and the pig's blood you put into them affects nothing.

Not only do you have to misunderstand the rules, even your misunderstanding only changes things if Islam is the one true religion.

I don't wanna be That Guy but this keeps coming up. It's a willful misreading.

The thinking (hah) is that if American troops shoot Muslims with pork bullets or bury them with pig carcasses, it's not because the Americans believe in haram rules — it's because they're trying to deter other Muslims from doing anything violent that would get them killed by Americans, because this is the kind of crazy poo poo that Americans do. Don't piss off the Yanks! They'll send you straight to hell!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

This strong display really shows how absolutely not scared they are and how totally inaccurate the dossier must be.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Grouchio posted:

He won because democrat turnout was depressed by Hilary enough for him to win, despite having low turnout himself.

I can't see Trump winning in 2020 because he can't stand in a number of key states without revealing his tax returns, which are evidence of his crimes.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Toobly posted:

you do not 'gotta hand it to them'

Terrorists are not better at the internet than us, this is stupid on every conceivable level.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grouchio posted:

Severe hope allergies.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Grouchio posted:

Midterms aren't Presidential elections. Just ask Mitt Romney.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TheScott2K posted:

Midterms aren't Presidential elections. Just ask Mitt Romney.

I’m looking forward to your 5 way toxx ban.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grouchio posted:

Establishment Democrats currently doing a great job arguing why people should not turn out for them like they did in the midterms. And the midterms were still rather lukewarm compared to what "should" have happened, all things considered.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Gort posted:

I can't see Trump winning in 2020 because he can't stand in a number of key states without revealing his tax returns, which are evidence of his crimes.

Which states? I thought the only states doing this were blue anyway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m looking forward to your 5 way toxx ban.

Me too, I'd love to be wrong.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Grouchio posted:

Incumbency advantage, chuds being riled up to defend their leader, and straight up vote suppression mainly.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

You don't stop struggling until the boot is actually off your throat.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Gort posted:

When have Trump voters really ever cared about evidence not produced by Fox News?

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

People are trying to protect themselves from the insane shock and depression caused by the results of the 2016 election becoming our reality.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Neo_Crimson posted:

Incumbency advantage, chuds being riled up to defend their leader, and straight up vote suppression mainly.

Not empty quoting but yeah exactly these three.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

Terrorists are not better at the internet than us, this is stupid on every conceivable level.

For sure. I mean they wouldn't have been able to make this THIS fast. Apologies for putting my own tweet here.

https://twitter.com/Tooobly/status/1109133868655759366

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

RuanGacho posted:

Could the terrorists make Chuck Norris jokes or Slenderman a thing? I THINK NOT!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Grouchio posted:

Comrade, this thread has a monthly freakout that Trump is going to self-coup and declare himself Lord Protector after canceling the 2020 elections.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

luxury handset posted:

there's a few logistics issues dependent on larger facilities. for like a coffee shop or a small office then single occupant bathrooms make sense but the concept quickly breaks down when you get to where you need to handle more users and then you'll want to have shared bathrooms, around which the politics of bathroom usage starts to kick in and you also need to ensure adequate provisioning of specialized bathrooms like family/handicapped

at the very least there's a biological division between "do you pee standing up or sitting down" that becomes important when dealing with large crowds of people

Yeah, which is why you go to what works for everyone all the time: stalls with full toilets. Make X% wheelchair accessible (ideally most to all) depending upon logistics.

You take away the stupid loving narrative (see all right wing narratives) and have actual equality.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Establishment Democrats currently doing a great job arguing why people should not turn out for them like they did in the midterms. And the midterms were still rather lukewarm compared to what "should" have happened, all things considered.

Lukewarm hahah you’re full of poo poo.

In other news

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1109129162613276673

Go Schumer lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nine-gear crow posted:

Also a lot of thread titles come from me yelling poo poo at Jones and Lightning on Discord, so that feature might not be comprehensive.

secret mod conspiracy discord confirmed

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ummel posted:

Yeah, she flunked out of her job in between, interviewing musicians for iHeartRadio.

Caution : This is bad.

https://youtu.be/zK8fQvhKpGc

Seems like great Fox News talent, tbh.

Hahahaha. This was an awesome interview. Thank you for sharing. She was utterly embarrassing. "Who was the most annoying person you've worked with over the past two years." Diplo: "You." Not even just a low-hanging fruit joke--that was a legit answer.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

The thinking (hah) is that if American troops shoot Muslims with pork bullets or bury them with pig carcasses, it's not because the Americans believe in haram rules — it's because they're trying to deter other Muslims from doing anything violent that would get them killed by Americans, because this is the kind of crazy poo poo that Americans do. Don't piss off the Yanks! They'll send you straight to hell!

Still stupid.

nerox
May 20, 2001

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The Deep State of USPOL.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

Without the compromise, John Adams wins re-election. Again and again.

see: the Let's Elect Presidents thread

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Grouchio posted:

You underestimate what voter enthusiasm can do - if the Dems nominate a candidate who gets damaged or has a John Edwards style scandal pop up at the wrong time Trump can 100% win.

Gort posted:

With Trump locked out of Washington state (this won't happen FYI) his chances are now truly and well doomed

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Every morning I wake up and open palm slam a dog gif into discord, its https://i.imgur.com/WzidGQ4.mp4

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

I do not think that the average person doing this has the level of understanding you are attributing to them.

Grouchio posted:

It is absolutely possible. I don't think Trump is going to carry Michigan or Wisconsin this time, but Pennsylvania could still happen, and Florida/Ohio seem extremely resistant to shifts away from Trump. I'd put money down on him not winning the popular vote, but the EC is stupid, and it's stupid in the right ways.

HPanda posted:

Just get rid of the gender split. Have one bathroom for peeing, one for pooping. This wouldn't even need a change of plumbing anywhere since we already have one bathroom full of stalls and one that's a split of urinals and stalls.
I don't think that the small protections this would grant trans persons are going to outweigh putting all women into confined spaces with strange men.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

The Sean posted:

Hahahaha. This was an awesome interview. Thank you for sharing. She was utterly embarrassing. "Who was the most annoying person you've worked with over the past two years." Diplo: "You." Not even just a low-hanging fruit joke--that was a legit answer.

She had a self righteous meltdown on Twitter about it too. I think she blocked me at some point over it, because I can't view her tweets anymore, lol. I wish I could remember what I posted.

Edit- nm, she blocked me because I @'d her about her book sucking.

ummel fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 22, 2019

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Grouchio posted:

He won because he cheated or at least foreign countries cheated on his behalf. Mueller will let us know if that is something that will be allowed in american politics going forward or if there are any repercussions. If the punishment for cheating is negligible, I expect he might have a chance at winning again.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

SocketWrench posted:

I wish the situation were that simple and slight.

You say that but by the end of that story it is questionable that anyone made it out alive

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

I don't think that the small protections this would grant trans persons are going to outweigh putting all women into confined spaces with strange men.

Women being in confined spaces with strange men is already a thing.

Yeah, there’s problems there, but it’s not anything new. So we could help solve this other problem without adding new problems.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

He's subtweeting a brainwashed teenager who watched three of her children die and just wants to come back home.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

VH4Ever posted:

They put food on your table, dick.

Don't they mostly grow dent corn, which isn't food?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1109125357226082310

How much you want to bet she kept getting death threats from Chuds. Jesus, this is just so loving hosed. I got to step away....just gently caress...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

JasonV posted:

He won because he cheated or at least foreign countries cheated on his behalf. Mueller will let us know if that is something that will be allowed in american politics going forward or if there are any repercussions. If the punishment for cheating is negligible, I expect he might have a chance at winning again.

LoL