Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Dell e6520 with Nvidia graphics

Audio works in diagnostics, so hardware is fine. I have even got it to play while troubleshooting somehow a time or two.

I have spent countless hours trying to make the speakers just WORK. I can not play audio except those sporadic times that I have been running the troubleshooter and a certain driver combo let youtube or normal audio play WHILE I WAS USING TROUBLESHOOTER.

Please for the love of God if anyone can help me. This is a custom configuration for a customer and I am out quite a chunk if I can't make this work, he wants THIS MODEL WITH WIN 10.

Anyone?

I have installed the IDT driver I have done every combination under the sun, the REALTEK driver from hardware ID crashes computer when trying to install.

ANYONE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Have you tried completely removing and deleting the IDT and Realtek drivers in safe mode, then reboot and let windows install whatever audio drivers it deems worthy?

I did a dell laptop repair yesterday (win7) that had this same issue and removed IDT and Realtek completely fixed it. Turns out IDT was totally borked and wasn’t properly routing the audio to any of the outputs even after a device was detected being jacked in, 3.5mm or usb headsets...

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 1, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
piggybacking, ever since an update on may 8 I'm having an audio services not working issue for my desktop windows 10

everything I've looked up on google has not worked for me

I've gone to device manager but uninstalling drivers hasn't helped on reboot.

I've gone to services and it lists Windows Audio as not running and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder as running.

trying to start WA gives me an error message

I'm at wits loving end here

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 11, 2019

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER
Posting in case this helps anyone else, I found windows update 1903 breaking my sound on boot up (sound blaster Z) I found if I plugged in to the headphones jack that takes the pin header (on the card) it seemed to wake it up, but I have to do it every time I boot but after that the speakers work again.

Found a few threads online of people with the same issue but no fixes yet, some guy from creative posts on reddit taking notes of issues but nothing seems to come from it just strings people along.