Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This show is the best kind of weird.

It's like an IV drip of novelty.

P.S. Still liking Sax's shirts. They look like they'd make for good drinking shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
We should all strive to be unemployed homosexuals.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Season 2 is trippier than season 1. And I'm not even sure how to explain this one to anyone.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Paul Wight is seriously killing it. :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This is the long awaited sequel to Law & Order SVU and I won’t be told otherwise.

Everything about this show is great.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Me watching the new episode: “This is just not okay” about 37 times.

Just all kinds of not okay. But in like the most perfect amazing way possible.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Back during early season 2 buzz I heard Weird Al had a cameo as a "misogynist chain smoking man in a diaper" and I assumed it would be a live action diaper fetish thing in the spirit of lobster boy from season 1. The way it was implemented was still fun but I was hoping for paraphilic infantilism because seeing it through the lens of this show would be a treat.

Labes for days posted:

Me watching the new episode: “This is just not okay” about 37 times.

Just all kinds of not okay. But in like the most perfect amazing way possible.

Individual pieces range from merely weird to LiveLeak material but all together it forms a gorgeous tapestry of insanity. Crazy Stabler/Slightly Crazier Keller/Meloni stumbling down a busy street in a Hawaiian shirt and fishnets with a face oscillating between fear, bliss, and needing to take the biggest poo poo in all of history is an image I didn't know I needed in my life.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I still want to know how imaginary friends are imaginary but also formed of goo.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Talk about imaginary friends and goo.

If I was to make one criticism about this season it kinda seems like they don't know what to do with Happy. Feels like they're giving him this little side plot because there isn't really a reason for him to be involved in the main story like he was in season 1.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

bloom posted:

Talk about imaginary friends and goo.

If I was to make one criticism about this season it kinda seems like they don't know what to do with Happy. Feels like they're giving him this little side plot because there isn't really a reason for him to be involved in the main story like he was in season 1.

You could delete him from every episode this season and I don't think it'd have any impact on how things have unfolded so far.

Next week it looks like Sax gets back on the sauce so prepare to see some serious poo poo :dance:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Fabulousity posted:

You could delete him from every episode this season and I don't think it'd have any impact on how things have unfolded so far.

Happy’s sexual awakening has been so cringey that I wish they had just not brought him back in season 2 and then at the end of the final episode Hailey asks Nick “Do you remember Happy?” and he replies “No.”

Sorry Happy, no offense but I have zero interest in your life with all the gross poo poo happening in the show’s reality. Dickskin starfish pregnancy and Smoothie grooming Hailey just :derp:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It would be kinda awkward to delete the character the show is named after but it would be an improvement at this point. I just want to watch Chris Meloni gently caress up people while hosed up on various substances.

otoh I have a lot of faith in the people running the show so maybe they'll make Hap relevant again by the end of the season.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Just finished last week's episode.

I have no idea what the gently caress is happening on this show anymore.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

To be fair I don’t think any of us, or anyone involved with the show, does either. I don’t think I have any idea what is happening in ANY Morrison property, honestly, and that’s why I love him so much!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Right, I'm gladly watching whatever comes on the screen, I just have no idea what to do with it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That fight sequence, lol jesus.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Combat Pretzel posted:

That fight sequence, lol jesus.

To steal a line from a christmas story, Nick Sax works in violence the way other artists work in oils or clay.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
They do a really good job of keeping the fight scenes fresh.

Also I wasn't expecting the wishees' background to be quite, well, that.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

“I think one or both of us is having a schizophrenic episode” is an apt description of this show.

Hailey hugging Smoothie was viscerally disturbing and that is saying something because like every moment in this show is disturbing.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Labes for days posted:

“I think one or both of us is having a schizophrenic episode” is an apt description of this show.

Hailey hugging Smoothie was viscerally disturbing and that is saying something because like every moment in this show is disturbing.

Speaking of, this show is so bonkers that the sadomasochistic eunuch became the grounded character.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This last episode was the first one I've liked from this season. It actually moved the story forward instead of just being crazy and weird.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

As Nero Danced posted:

Speaking of, this show is so bonkers that the sadomasochistic eunuch became the grounded character.

That's what I'm saying. How is Smoothie the reasonable one now..

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Well that was something.

"Who are you?"

jfc Smoothie :nms:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
So much for Smoothie being the reasonable one. :v:

I can't wait to see how horrifying and weird the birth scene ends up being.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
:stare:

That wasn't, "reasonable." That was grooming.

Like god drat. This is how people end up trusting their kids with catholic priests and Republican congressmen.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

This episode wasn’t as good as some of the others but jfcccccccc Smoothie.

Is Patrick Fischler a great actor or is he just a scary weirdo in real life??? :iiam:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
poo poo, didn’t know second season was up. Is this going to Netflix after the season ends ?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ZZZorcerer posted:

poo poo, didn’t know second season was up. Is this going to Netflix after the season ends ?

Usually Syfy shows go to Netflix right before the new season airs, so you might be waiting a year.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

This show is honestly terrifying in a way only a show called Happy! could be.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Dumb question, but were either of those people actually Smoothie’s parents? I’ve watched the episode twice and I can’t tell if he terrorized his actual mom or just found the one isolated Spanish-speaking woman in town and threatened her after planting creepy childhood photos in the house. Same with “Dad”; I figured it was a random guy but my husband thought it was actual dad who didn’t recognize his son because they left when he was a kid. It was hard to tell anything from the photos.

Either way holy moly.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Labes for days posted:

Dumb question, but were either of those people actually Smoothie’s parents? I’ve watched the episode twice and I can’t tell if he terrorized his actual mom or just found the one isolated Spanish-speaking woman in town and threatened her after planting creepy childhood photos in the house. Same with “Dad”; I figured it was a random guy but my husband thought it was actual dad who didn’t recognize his son because they left when he was a kid. It was hard to tell anything from the photos.

Either way holy moly.

Not sure about the mom (but now I question that too) but the "Dad' was for sure some stranger he grabbed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Labes for days posted:

Dumb question, but were either of those people actually Smoothie’s parents?

Pretty sure they were both strangers. I thought as soon as they arrived at the house and the woman seemed to be scared of him that she probably wasn't his mother.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Labes for days posted:

This episode wasn’t as good as some of the others but jfcccccccc Smoothie.

Is Patrick Fischler a great actor or is he just a scary weirdo in real life??? :iiam:

Someone in the season one thread was involved with the production of the show on set and said Patrick Fischler was completely chill and a super nice guy when the cameras aren't rolling. He isn't one of those method acting weirdos, he's skilled enough to turn Smoothie on/off as needed for the camera.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I love how he's so good at 'hermetically sealed' that even the slightest hint of perversion or menace feels like the tip of an iceburg.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Smoothie : The caring reasonable one
Also Smoothie : Please watch while I murder this dude in front of you.. Now we're friends of death :v:

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

So the next episode is coming.

This poo poo is gonna be better than the Game of Thrones ending. I wonder if the show runners knew that could even be a sentence ever spoken about their works.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
A few weeks ago I was saying Happy didn't seem to have anything to do this season. I take that back.

Why can't it be next week already? I need to see how this ends.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Between this and Doom Patrol it’s been a good time for group orgasms on TV.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Goddamn I knew exactly where everything was going in that episode but sheeeeit, I can’t wait for the finale.

So is Happy a god or is Orcus an imaginary friend? Because I can’t wait to see him rendered as an old-timey devil popping out when his body gets killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Orifice, god of assholes."