Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So I absolutely loved Dark Souls III and played it so much there was nothing surprising left in it any more and could beat any enemy easily (all enemies and bosses in DSIII can be defeated by circle strafing). I played Dark Souls II and ragequit in that stupid loving poison swamp that was nothing but garbage.

Seeking new challenges and with nowhere else left to go, I bought Dark Souls: Remastered so that I could experience where it all began.

Gotta say it's not that fun so far. Just a bunch of running around in the dark and killing really slow moving zombies. I also killed a fat demon thing in the tutorial level by circle-strafing it to death. Even DS II was more fun by this point because it had those giant armored guys.

E: this is now also a photoshop/MSPaint thread

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yesterday at the Total Wine and More, this poor lady hosting a beer tasting for her company had to endure some nerd talking about whatever the latest Souls game is for 5 minutes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yesterday at the Total Wine and More, this poor lady hosting a beer tasting for her company had to endure some nerd talking about whatever the latest Souls game is for 5 minutes.

Yeah I heard there was a Samurai Souls game coming out soon. I'm cautiously optimistic. It takes place in hell, which is kind of a turnoff for me because I prefer my games to take place on the mortal plane , but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as long as there are plenty of enemies that make you go "lol nope" as soon as you see them.

Edited for what was a spoiler I guess????????????? I've never played or seen more than a few seconds of trailer so I have no idea.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 23, 2019

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
gently caress it's already out. If I'd known I would have bought that instead of this lovely game.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

All of these games are pretty bad, IMO!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

Yeah I heard there was a Samurai Souls game coming out soon. I'm cautiously optimistic. It takes place in hell, which is kind of a turnoff for me because I prefer my games to take place on the mortal plane, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as long as there are plenty of enemies that make you go "lol nope" as soon as you see them.

im gonna murder you if thats a legit spoiler

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

StabMasterArson posted:

All of these games are pretty bad, IMO!

DS III was a delight and I had hours of fun discovering what was around the next corner.

Followed by hours of slightly less fun going around that corner four hundred more times until I figured out how to stop the thing on the other side from killing me (the answer was circle strafing).

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I thought this was going to be a photoshop thread similar to adventure hog and was hootin an hollerin till I seen the op

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Walrus posted:

From the trailers it looks like it doesn't take place in hell so the guy who vaguely described the game to me might have been mistaken.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I thought this was going to be a photoshop thread similar to adventure hog and was hootin an hollerin till I seen the op

Well I mean, it still can be. One man's typo is another man's photoshop thread.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

From the trailers it looks like it doesn't take place in hell so the guy who vaguely described the game to me might have been mistaken.

ok cool cool. that legit would be a pretty good midgame twist a-la bloodborne's. you didn't mention that or demon's btw have you played them? They are the best ones

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Dark Souls is fun as hell and the remaster is great because it has an extremely active community that can trivialize even the hardest bosses for you. if you found stuff in DS3 to be cheesable with circle strafing, uh, DSR is gonna be much easier because you can cheese many things in many different ways

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Is this better?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

sekiro owns and is super hard and fun but it is definitely not a Souls game

if you want samurai Souls try nioh, it is this delicious blend of Souls style levels and ninja gaiden combat

sekiro is probably better overall tho, it owns

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Walrus posted:

ok cool cool. that legit would be a pretty good midgame twist a-la bloodborne's. you didn't mention that or demon's btw have you played them? They are the best ones

No because as far as I know they are console exclusives and lol if you think I'm buying any console except MAYBE the switch in TYOOL 2019

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

food court bailiff posted:

sekiro owns and is super hard and fun but it is definitely not a Souls game

if you want samurai Souls try nioh, it is this delicious blend of Souls style levels and ninja gaiden combat

sekiro is probably better overall tho, it owns

Can you play as a girl with really big knockers? Because you couldn't in any of the souls games.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
You can't circle strafe in Zork op

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

King of Bees posted:

You can't circle strafe in Zork op

Sounds like I'd be out of my element.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sure you can

east, north, north, west, west, south, south, east

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

sure you can

east, north, north, west, west, south, south, east

You were eaten by a grue.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hooray

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Applewhite posted:

Pretty sure you spoiled the ever living poo poo out of the entire setting, especially to people not familiar with Japanese myths.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Applewhite posted:

You were eaten by a grue.

That's the stuff. I only play Zork and Rusted Warfare.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

pnumoman posted:

Pretty sure you spoiled the ever living poo poo out of the entire setting, especially to people not familiar with Japanese myths.

It was literally the first and only thing the guy told me so I assumed it was common knowledge.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dork Souls, more like.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Applewhite posted:

It was literally the first and only thing the guy told me so I assumed it was common knowledge.

Actually, I take that back, it seems a bit more ambiguous than I thought.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

You pretty much said same thing two of my friends said when they were describing the setting. I never knew that information was a spoiler either. Think they may just be overreacting.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Applewhite posted:

Can you play as a girl with really big knockers? Because you couldn't in any of the souls games.

no you can't create your character at all

Applewhite posted:

No because as far as I know they are console exclusives and lol if you think I'm buying any console except MAYBE the switch in TYOOL 2019

you've been able to play Bloodborne on pc via ps now for months, come see what everyone else already knew was rad

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9cENdM27I

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve Batmans posted:

You pretty much said same thing two of my friends said when they were describing the setting. I never knew that information was a spoiler either. Think they may just be overreacting.

nah the setting is 1500s japan but a twist has been hinted at. that would make sense as the twist and if it's right it's a huge spoiler. but I'm gonna just pretend it's not.

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

Drunk Nerds posted:

was this in denton because i know this guy

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Good dogge

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i like to play fifa

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dork's Owls

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Drunk Nerds posted:

Our tasting lady once went on a "shoot them at the border" anti-immigrant rant at our store, while she was selling product from my portfolio.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

imagine being so coddled you had to play dark souls games to give your life some frustration and aggrevation

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

imagine being so coddled you had to play dark souls games to give your life some frustration and aggrevation
Yeah I don't understand this "frustrating difficulty == fun" trend that's been going for years.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

Don't worry, the game actually takes place in Michigan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I shouldn't have read this thread for idiot nerds potentially spoiling Sekiro. Which is a loving fantastic game btw.