Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Former DILF posted:

shut the gently caress up hamprince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

my lib friend is now saying that mueller's report is going to be a step by step on why the dems should impeach, but the sdny and virgina indictments are going to come.

what the hell are the sdny and virginia indictments. someone whos brain is more broken than mine and has been following this dumb stuff, please let me know so i can ignore it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

idk what they mean in the context of the mueller expanded universe, but irl potentially they'd be state-level charges regarding trump's various white collar crimes. it's generally assumed that you can't indict a sitting president so louise mensch fever dreams aside they wouldnt be relevant while he's in office. state level convictions can't be pardoned by the president though so under the worst-case scenario they're the most realistic (still v unlikely) route for the large presidential sons to end up in jail

sat on my keys! posted:

mueller referred stuff that wasn't super related to russia (like a bunch of michael cohen stuff) to DoJ, which then sent it to AG offices (SDNY and EDVA) to go after.

That DICK! posted:

I have a friend in the SDNY who texted me the other day that robert mueller penis is so long he’s going to arrest Donald trump by tying his flaccid penis in a knot around Donald trumps boner.

ty all.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

issuing correction on my previous post regarding ham prince. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

everyone should read taibbi's article (except hamprince) it owns

You won’t find many bigger fans of Matt Taibbi’s astute analyses and crisp, often hilarious writing than this commenter. For perhaps the first time in my reading of anything he has written, I have to say that this argument seems strained to me.

Regardless of whether or not Mueller has found evidence that meets the standard of criminal prosecution that Trump himself “colluded“ there is the stark fact that a significant number of people connected to Trump and his campaign have pled guilty, and are going to prison, for crimes that are related to activities involving Russian attempts to interfere with our national election.

Also, by any reasonable standard there is simply abundant evidence that the Russians tried to interfere with the election — regardless of how much cooperation they got from Trump or the people around him — and the thrust of their efforts was to help Trump and damage Clinton.

In the words of a former federal prosecutor, who wrote this minutes after it was announced that Mueller had finished his report, you must keep in mind that:

1. Mueller’s focus was prosecutable offenses.

2. The Barr/Rosenstein Doctrine is: “The President cannot be indicted and we don’t discuss people we don’t indict.”

3. Mueller may have learned a great deal from intelligence sources and methods, but cannot / will not reveal that information.

4. There may well be a separate confidential counterintelligence report to Congress.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

quote:

that report summary
gently caress this country
gently caress everyone
“The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’
waht the gently caress
does that mean?
maaaaaaanann
so Barr just shut down the investigation..
holy poo poo looks like trump got away with it
no hope

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

but the truth is, the simple honest truth is...

i needed trump to be destroyed. not just voted out, destroyed.

and that's not gonna happen.

and i feel like a light has gone out inside me.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I will say that a lib friend who I've been trying to slowly radicalize had his brain broken in the good way from this poo poo. he doesn't see the system as redeemable anymore and wants some kind of massive change.

silver linings in every cloud.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Percelus posted:

avenatti being arrested really is the cherry on top

another successful goon project

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Behead those who insult Greenwald

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Glenn baewald imo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tiberius Christ posted:

theyre gonna bargain themselves into voting trump

the only way for mueller to take trump down, is for him to be president for 4 more years!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

old beast lunatic posted:

Putin weaponized a few thousand sub human retards with memes and helped Donald Trump become president. Democrats sucking poo poo is given

who would win? billions of dollars of support, the might of the establishment and media classes or one meme frog?

:feelsgood:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

redneck nazgul posted:

no, that was for the disaster economics thread invading BFC's landlord thread and posting guillotines

hahahahahahahhahaha

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sessions getting libs out there was the funniest, bar none.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

i'm pretty sure this is why sanders has gone so hard on wanting the full report. or he's just as infected by the russiagate brain parasite as the rest of them, which now that i've typed that out seems more likely

Condiv posted:

bernie
panders

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ask them to provide evidence that 1) there were "millions of bots" 2) these boots were solely controlled by Russia and not a tactic everyone uses now 3) that bots somehow significantly effected the election

these boots were made for trolling... and that's just what they'll do...

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Saw Adam Schiff at a rally before the midterms. Seemed like a good guy. Don't think he talked about Russiagate.

I think his name is little adam schitt

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the one issue that trump can just dance around everyone on is the issue libs want to engage him on.

love my dying gay hellworld

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

trump can only fail spectacularly or win bafflingly. theres no middle ground.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

assange turns threads into rear end

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

shortly after mueller testifies: we call on the administration to reveal the real mueller as the one who testified clearly must be fake.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:(

The NYT claims "The report explicitly states that the investigation did not clear the president" based on this:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems like they're trying to change the goal posts. The Mueller investigation was always about collusion which it didn't find. So now they're trying to claim it didn't "clear the president" of obstructing an investigation that found no collusion.

because this is how the feds get majority of their high profile cases. they can't prove the actual crime, so they just find a way you weren't perfect during the investigation and charge you for that because the standard of proof is so low for obstruction.

and for libs, it doesn't matter so long as they can say trump is a traitor who stole the election from abuela and he's perp walked out of the whitehouse.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

impeaching trump for any of the horrible horrible policy decisions he's made over the past 2 years would be good. impeaching trump because daddy mueller didn't save us from mean Cheeto and scary putin, would be the dumbest thing to happen on this earth until the next time the democrats do something dumb.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I too am shocked to look out the window and discover it's not 1973

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

you there, paper boy, what year is it???

*camera pans over to reveal robotic paper delivery device slowly going about its task*

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

has anyone done the "Romney was right" take yet?

all I did was google Romney Russia and...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/years-mitt-romney-finally-credit-warnings-russia/story?id=61330530

https://www.newsweek.com/mitt-romney-warns-joe-biden-china-russia-1412530?amp=1

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/431618-madeline-albright-tells-mitt-romney-he-was-right-to-call-russia-biggest?amp

we deserve trump

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

me, putting on Russian accent while calling trump: yes it is me putin. I command you to give Americans Medicare for all and stop all foreign wars.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

GoluboiOgon posted:

https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/status/1126991321284132864

trump: russian puppet
maduro: russian puppet
anti-trump, pro-maduro protesters: russian puppets

I've got a friend who is a Russian communist (lives in Siberia) and he's super knowledgeable about Cold War eastern bloc. needless to say, the dude is not fond of putin at all, and his reaction when I show him how our media talks about Russia is usually a mix of amusement and disgust.

also, friendly reminder that Russia has an economy about the size of Texas.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

how does he feel about the kprf

he said they're ok, but he didn't feel like they were real commies and compared them to China's communist party. said they do want to renationalize a lot of infrastructure but still leave market mechanisms in place. said they are still by far the best party as the social dems have no spine and the rest are garbage or have few members (he mentioned VPK(B) and orthodox stalinists??). I know he's fiercely proud of his governor - the governor of Irkutsk, who's a kprf member.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Victory Position posted:

drat bro, can't believe Putin traveled back to 1918 and shot the Tsar himself

what the, I like putin now?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

sigh... if only

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

*slav in a tracksuit walks into room and begins squatting*

me: guess I hate black people now

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the Moscow metros are obviously the best since they made a game series based around them.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

making fun of liberal mueller fantasies but also thinking aoc is gonna behead jeff bezos in the town square

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

i did my part, tis true and I'm not ashamed

thnk u for ur service

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

comedyblissoption posted:

Hi I'm Caleb I recently read a statistic that even now, three months after the release of the Mueller Report that less than 15% of CONGRESS have even personally read it. I could only imagine how few in the American Public have read it. In this video I'm reading the Volume 1 of the report aloud, accompanied by a smartboard type layout where I pin the faces and names, places and connections that feature in the reports pages. I hope to have made the clearest available, and most easily digestible access to the information contained inside. The report and investigation it covers is one of the most important pieces of media that an American Patriot can absorb. It explains in exhaustive detail the entire available picture of the Russian interference in the 2016 United States election. It is not light reading, it is dense, heavy, granular information that if nothing else ought to serve as a contrast to the information candy that we've come to demand in exchange for our attention. It's everything we can know about what happened in the 2016 election, and what will inevitably happen in 2020.

comedyblissoption posted:

am i going insane? is reality breaking down?

tronp

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

we deserve trump

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

this is just 69th dimension chess to lull trump into thinking he's okay before daddy mueller finally springs the trap on him and saves America from the Russian puppet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

make this image the new ponyta and give everyone in dnd forums cancer