Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

my lib friend is now saying that mueller's report is going to be a step by step on why the dems should impeach, but the sdny and virgina indictments are going to come.

what the hell are the sdny and virginia indictments. someone whos brain is more broken than mine and has been following this dumb stuff, please let me know so i can ignore it.

mueller referred stuff that wasn't super related to russia (like a bunch of michael cohen stuff) to DoJ, which then sent it to AG offices (SDNY and EDVA) to go after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

the boston bomber posted:

one thing I don't get about this line of reasoning is that SDNY and EDVA aren't state level courts and state attorney generals don't prosecute cases in those courts.

they are federal district courts, where criminal matters are prosecuted by US attorneys, all of whom are trump appointees under DoJ.

exactly, they are federal district courts, but the idea is that THE PROCESS and OUR INSTITUTIONS will still come through at the eleventh hour to save us from the bad orange man, despite (as you said), the people leading these offices all being appointed by trump. a lot of the lower level staff (AUSAs etc) were there before trump and i guess the idea is some sort of runaway prosecutors, because we live in a movie, or something.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

lol gently caress remember the protect Mueller protest activation signal? like if they tried to "interfere" with the investigation millions of people would pour into the streets to demonstrate for the sanctity of the United States department of Justice. christ.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

quote:

Recall that Mueller built his career on and has kind of almost a passion for wrapping up crime families and large syndicates. I still believe we're about to see the poo poo really hit the fan.

quote:

We need to see the full report. This summary could literally have spun the facts in every different direction to arrive with this "no collusion" take. I remain unconvinced there isn't more dirt and damning information concerning Trump in there. This hot take/spin from Barr is doing exactly what it's intended to do, giving cover and support to the enemy while taking the wind out of our sails.

The facts need to come out. We knew Barr was going to pull some bullshit, and this sort of "report synopsis" before the real report emerges is exactly the cover they thought they could take. The longer this narrative holds in public before the full release, the less likely that the actual release will have an impact.

We need this thing to get out asap.

quote:

I am not a lawyer by any means. But I am genuinely so baffled as to how publicly known facts such as Manafort leaking polling data to Russia and Don Jr's "if it's what you say I love it" could square with the apparent "no collusion" conclusion of this letter. Like. Seriously. How is this possible.

quote:

No evidence of conspiring with the Russians to sway the election says nothing about conspiring with the Russians to, if elected, dump sanctions to get Trump Tower Moscow built.

quote:

This is so far from over. There is no way Mueller or members of his team aren’t going to get marched in front of Congress and asked all kinds of juicy poo poo. “Did you find evidence of money laundering as part of your investigation and refer it to other prosecutors?”

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Condiv posted:

i got called a russian bot for suggesting that maybe blocking crimean developers from contributing programs to the open source community is not gonna stop putin from doing bad things and just hurts people for no loving reason

i've seen people seriously suggesting we need to deny all refugee claims from russia (lgbtq russians can just die i guess?) and deport anyone we already accepted on a student visa or asylum claim or anything like that. it's lunatic.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Russians hypnotize Americans through their videos of insane road happenings and extremely dangerous stunts on high buildings, then implant thousands of their eggs much in the manner of various species of parasitic wasp. the growing young control the host's nervous system, causing them to misuse Cyrillic letters in memes and to vote for tovarisch Bernie. when the young are ready to hatch they explode out of the torso of the host, a process commonly represented in Russian art, especially dolls and figurines.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

comedyblissoption posted:

how can we be sure russian agents are not active within our very midsts on this dead gay comedy forum

im learning russian and duolingo does teach you how to say "long live the revolution" so there you have it

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

don't admit you're learning the devil language! this is bad opsec tovarisch

I can't help myself, I have to share my new knowledge of cute idioms like "trying to hammer nails with a microscope" with other people

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

this is crazy but also Russian is a fun language to learn and Russians are very supportive of learners ime. can't help but read this as a promise that Biden will make Russian lessons cheaper. (RL4A)

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

how the gently caress is Mueller She Wrote still a going concern

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think they already did a farewell sign off but... gotta keep the grift going I guess

the march of dimes of podcasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

twoday posted:

Pretty cold today, huh. Well, you know where else it’s cold? That’s right,