Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

if any of the above post sounds reasonable to you, it's likely that you have been hatewatching way too much msnbc and lib brain rot has infected you through the tv

you supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primary

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the real mueller dissapointment is that I haven't seen any really funny meltdowns about it yet

there was a funny meltdown in the D&D thread where the OP started relating everything on this forum to being in a videogame RPG and asked everyone who disagreed with him to "keep grinding and level up :)"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yellowcar posted:

lmao what the gently caress

ok here you go:

glowing-fish posted:

Keep grinding, I hope you level up! :)

glowing-fish posted:

Keep Grinding, I hope you level up! :)

glowing-fish posted:

So you get to lie. If no one questions it, it supports your argument. If someone questions it, then it was obviously just a joke, and people shouldn't get upset about you making GBS threads around.

I am not going to chill out when you lie to me.

glowing-fish posted:

Hello, and welcome to Trump Investigations thread.

Please go and read the thread rules and FAQs to this thread.

In the future, make posts that are interesting or informative in some way. I know that the "role playing" aspect of D&D can get pretty heady, but this thread isn't for that.

Thank you! :)

glowing-fish posted:

Keep grinding, you might level up!

and the best one, this is the absolute greatest thing ive read in awhile:

glowing-fish posted:

It is fairly accurate.

I have been reading your responses to me for the past two years, and I know nothing about you.

I have learned not to share too much about my own personal life, because I know that it takes very little for SA to revert to 2004 Edgelordism. I can talk about my personal life, and how it shaped my politics. My parents divorced when I was 5, I was raised by a single mother on welfare, I am educated and have adapted the habits of the middle class, but don't instinctively feel like I am one of them. I am a second generation leftist, it is natural and normal for me to take the left wing position, and I think that I sometimes lack the convert's zeal that seems to be typical on here. In the past, I have mentioned things contrary to this narrative, and have been crab-bucketed for it, because any sign of good luck in my life was a sign of malaise on my part.

I started a thread on here a few months ago, asking about people's experience in the labor force, how their interactions with real life working conditions and money problems had changed their views of class. I thought that was an important thread, and I started it specifically to counter complaints that this ultra-precise legal investigation stuff didn't address the real life of workers. It was a pretty interesting thread, went on for a few pages, but it dropped off the radar. Why? Because people on here seem to be more intent on outdoing themselves with rage at Twitter celebrities and shouting "guillotine" than talking about real experiences or the way any of this stuff works in the real world.

What do I know about you? All I know is you have an anime avatar and you chastise me for not having the same opinions as you. Well, not even that---you chastise me for not putting leftist truisms into everything I post. I don't really know where your position comes from---the two options are, you come from an area that is as resoundingly leftist as you are, which is basically a few square kilometers of either NYC or SF, and don't know there are people outside of that, or, you have converted to this stuff through the internet and you don't have to explain how it would interact with real life co-workers or friends or relatives because it was never meant to---it was meant to exist solely in the internet.

When I was saying people were "roleplaying", I wasn't saying that they didn't have real lives and personalities, just that it is very hard for me to tell what they were beyond the poo poo posting of SA. I am not totally transparent on here, but I try to give some real life context for how this relates to my real life.

Also, nothing wrong with anime avatars, I like anime.

So this got really off-topic, I don't really want to deal with this thread, you all can figure it out.

bonus, this is primo

glowing-fish posted:

Actually, I will take this seriously, but I am going to sleep soon:

1. Resistance grifter: has a grand unified theory involving the Marshall of the Supreme Court.
2. Proceduralist: mostly here to "well, actually" about legal and political stuff we don't understand (this is me)
3. Centrist Democrat: Wants to AVENGE Hillary
4. Dems Bad ideologue: Believes that the investigation is a sham because it doesn't address the real cause for Trump's victory, DEMS BAD
5. Cynic/Edgelord: Wants to prove that nothing matters and we are all hosed.
6. Actual Trump supporters: they wander in from time to time.

In other words: Malkavian, Toreador, Ventrue, Brujah, Sabbat, Baali

THS has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Mar 23, 2019

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Former DILF posted:

here's the quotes:

beat you motherfuckerr

actually you got that last quote which is incredible too

"Malkavian, Toreador, Ventrue, Brujah, Sabbat, Baali"

inject it straight into my veins

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*points flashlight up under chin* let me tell you the terrifying tale of the post i saw in d&d one time

it extremely sucks that you were not socialized as a child and can't relate with fun or whimsy

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Former DILF posted:

add it to your post

done

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Jewel Repetition posted:

+1 to lawful good

yeah

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i'm just not smart enough to understand the complex and nuanced ironic humor of d&d i guess

it's not a question of being smart :/

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

every post in debate and discussion is deeply ironic, layered with so many references to archived threads and decade-old forums in jokes that it is impossible to understand unless you have read every post in every US Politics Thread since mid-2007

what's wrong with you

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lmaooooooooo

THS
Sep 15, 2017

its good to double down on my bad ideology that results in me constantly stepping on my own dick. the problem isnt my failed system but that people are making fun of me

THS
Sep 15, 2017

jimmy dore is pretty personally embarrassing tbh

THS
Sep 15, 2017

R. Guyovich posted:

i'm pretty sure this is why sanders has gone so hard on wanting the full report. or he's just as infected by the russiagate brain parasite as the rest of them, which now that i've typed that out seems more likely

there’s no downside for him. he’s being way more lib friendly this time around in the primary - or at least his team is. maybe it’s a good strategy. we’ll see how he does in the debates

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Panzeh posted:

It's a lot of tweets by a man who thinks journalism is anything other than propaganda.

drat dude you just owned the entire field of media criticism. guess FAIR should wrap up their operations now. freaking sheeple

THS
Sep 15, 2017

thank you mods for reopening the glenn greenwald thread

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lol all these articles from prominent liberals in the media claiming Burr is lying about the report, along with prominent liberals claiming that the Russiagate madness isn’t actually a big story in the media, and that this is no big deal, and that they’re not mad, and it’s actually people like Taibbi who were imagining this was a huge part of the liberal narrative since 2016

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dumb Lowtax posted:

If Mueller was QAnon for liberals, what is QAnon for leftists

there is no bad thought within the framework of the immortal science of marxism leninism

THS
Sep 15, 2017

otoh stalinism industrialized russia and defeated the nazi armies, so who can say if drunk driving is bad

THS
Sep 15, 2017

leftism is unique among ideologies in that it is both self critical and outwardly critical to a fault (and i don't mean in the sense of everyone in a room destroying their own egos in a cult) - and so is uniquely good at creating extremely accurate schemas of the world and politics, but also uniquely bad at organizing because it's the depression of politics (in the imperialist nations) because the people attracted to it are probably the people who are struggling the most with the capitalist reality

THS
Sep 15, 2017

it's hard to get over whether or not you're well adjusted and create alternative power structures when the weight of the world is against you, but luckily the capitalists are so loving horrific and dumb that it's very possible

THS
Sep 15, 2017

aliens coming down to install communism might be the closest thing to a marxist nerd qanon fantasy, but the actual conclusion you can draw from that is that we're either alone or that aliens wisely avoid us

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i knew the media sucked after iraq and especially after they failed to report on Obama’s extremely bad foreign policy and surveillance stuff. lucy football.gif

if The Atlantic is selling something it’s probably very bad

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lamestream media

THS
Sep 15, 2017

sucking that SLAVIC DICK, gently caress you drumpf you drat sissy, mueller is a big strong man compared to you

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Toplowtech posted:

I think as much qanon is full badshit crazy it's just a symptom of a larger mental disorder inside the united states population. The conservative just showed the symptons first. Now it's spreading to more centrist liberals.

vvvvvvvv Hope is a lie, part 25.

without the schema and understanding that the science of Marxism-Leninism provides, the american alternative is the subconscious memories of tv shows and movies theyve watched, stringed together in a bad fictional narrative that provides easy understanding but no way forward

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Toplowtech posted:

:thunk:
So America is Jules from Pulp Fiction citing false bible quotes believing he will walk the world like Kwai Chang Caine, Mueller is the cross made of bullets he so wants to be a miracle but Vincent is right about him and he will become a bum because America cultural ethos moved from poisonous poo poo like the bible toward as poisonous modern tv culture and i am the useful idiot illustrating your point.
Not bad from a movie produced by a mass rapist.

actually marsellus wallace is POC and all oppressed minorities, and butch is the white working class. the rapist pawn shop owners are the capitalists

Bernie Sanders is the katana on the wall

THS
Sep 15, 2017

mila kunis posted:

its vitally important that everyone that exposes the heinous poo poo the american establishment does needs to be a morally unimpeachable saint, or they deserve to be thrown in forever jail

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Former NSA intelligence analyst, husband, golfer, dog fucker

THS
Sep 15, 2017

hahahahahaha

THS
Sep 15, 2017

R. Guyovich posted:

making fun of liberal mueller fantasies but also thinking aoc is gonna behead jeff bezos in the town square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

she hasnt yet called for the death of america