Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Episode 5 changes: A completely new version of Styx Helix plays as the Ending Theme.

Also Emilia and Megumin talked to each other this week in Quartet.

So how is the new season of Quartet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hunt11 posted:

Haven't seen it (1st season did nothing from me) but from everything I read they included the Shield Hero and then they literally put him in a different class that doesn't interact with the rest of the cast at all. Which sounds hilariously stupid.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9oko2Ec7vM

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

How much do the new additions matter? I was familiar with the four original IPs in Quartet but I never watched any of the ones added at the end of the season.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

How much do the new additions matter? I was familiar with the four original IPs in Quartet but I never watched any of the ones added at the end of the season.
Not much. They barely appear in the season.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Shield Hero is the only new one and he's gotten a little focus in the first episode and basically a cameo in the 2nd, no appearance in the 3rd. It's actually impressive how little the show seems to care about what originally seemed like the hook for the 2nd season.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 30, 2020

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Maybe the writers realized a character without a personality and whose only gimmick is being uninterested in things going around him wouldn't work for the format.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1225079441086283777?s=20

The next episode of the directors cut will be the Memory Snow OVA, so it’s probably the first time it will be available for legal streaming, assuming Crunchyroll doesn’t skip over it for some reason

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Awesome; they are chonologically in-between arcs 2 and 3. Then the real uncut season 1 will show up.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5AR028iwc

MY BRAIN TREMBLES!! :eyepop:

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
R.I.P. Crunchyroll won’t be streaming Memory Snow, they’re skipping this week and will resume with Episode 7 on the 19th.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Everyone however should go watch Memory Snow, as I just did.

It's cute, it's fluffy, it gives us a glimpse of Emilia's character, and has subtle foreshadowing for arcs 3 and 4.

And is highly gifable.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Grouchio posted:

It's cute, it's fluffy, it gives us a glimpse of Emilia's character, and has subtle foreshadowing for arcs 3 and 4.

And is highly gifable.

Memory Snow reminded me why it's one of my favorites.

Also I've only seen the show so roughly where are the arcs separated? Is it every time he gets a new save point? Or is it more arbitrary based on where each novel ends?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sazabi posted:

Memory Snow reminded me why it's one of my favorites.

Also I've only seen the show so roughly where are the arcs separated? Is it every time he gets a new save point? Or is it more arbitrary based on where each novel ends?
Sorta/Sorta not? I admit that I haven't read the novels, but basically with Arcs 1 and 2 (the first 12/13 episodes) that holds true, whereas in Arc 3 there are at least 2, if not 3 save points.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

They're separated by "situation" they're dealing with, which often coincides with Subaru dying and discovering he's got a new save point.

Arc 1: Subaru's initial arrival, saving Emilia.
Arc 2: Roswaal mansion, dealing with the shaman controlling the demon beasts.
Arc 3: the entire stretch from returning to the capital and the introduction of the royal candidates, to defeating Petelgeuse for good and an epilogue that got skipped by the anime.

Notably, Arc 3 begins several days before Subaru gets his first save point, and also has his save point updated twice over the course of it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am happy that so far isekai quartet has pretty much ignored the shield hero cast outside of the first episode.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i thought memory snow had a mayonnaise scene but all i saw was mayonnaise in the bath? was that it?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

where the red fern gropes posted:

i thought memory snow had a mayonnaise scene but all i saw was mayonnaise in the bath? was that it?
Yeah the Mayo trailer was a fake semi-april fools spoof.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/19-1/chill-out-with-a-double-dose-of-rezero-today-as-ex-memory-snow-launches-on-crunchyroll

Turns out you will be able to view Memory Snow on Crunchyroll after all

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Episode 7 changes: FINALLY SOME NEW CONTENT :siren:

From Reddit:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero Week 8 (Episodes 14+15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TbF5m5KpU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

My brain trembles.

*checks clipboard*

Yup episode 15 still hurts my heart.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I haven't watched Re:Zero since it was airing and boy howdy did I forget how brutal this part of the show is. Next episode is going to be a tough watch too

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I think seeing the shorts and Isekai Quartet more recently is what made me forget how brutal these episodes were as well as how broken Subaru gets in this period.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
During the original run my feelings were that the show had been decent up to this point, but from the stuff in this big episode onwards I was hooked.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

This is something I can't remember if it gets addressed in the show or if I missed it, but where are Lord Roswaal and Betty during the cult attack on the mansion? Even if it was a surprise attack, I feel like either of the two of them would be pretty capable of defending things.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Roswaal wasn't around (his whereabouts are addressed in the following story arc), and Betty is limited to protecting the library.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yeah ram states earlier in the show that she thinks she can take betty 1v1 when they're a little ways away from the manor, and ram is Extremely Dead from the cult invasion. even assuming betty is probably substantially stronger at the actual mansion grounds, the drop off in power is steep enough that her effective defense radius is actually probably pretty small vs that level of threat.

also puck would've been there during the attack and he's some kind of freaky elemental god. while they obviously didn't kill puck, they killed everyone else. the cult's attack was no joke

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Okay that clears things up, thanks! I forgot Betty's power is directly tied to the library.

ninjewtsu posted:

the cult's attack was no joke

The payoff at the end is going to be so much sweeter this time around

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

The attack happens overnight so Pack couldn't have acted due to his contract restrictions. Emilia could've forcefully manifested Pack's complete form and he'd have easily annihilated the cult, but that'd have killed everyone but her.

If it was just surviving they could've done so in a number of ways just like that, but they tried to protect the village, too. The first time Subaru reaches the mansion, what he witnesses is I believe Rem and Ram's last stand trying to protect the children and getting a mortally wounded Emilia to the library (Rem is in the courtyard close to the shed where many are hiding, Ram died with Petra in her arms, and from them a trail of blood leads down a secret passage in Roswaal's study where Pack has just woken up and is starting to freeze things over).

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 28, 2020

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Grouchio posted:

And is highly gifable.

Finally got around to watching the Director's Cut up to episodes 13 + 14 and Memory Snow.

The direct riffs on Konosuba and DBZ were pretty hilarious nods.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero Week 9 (Episodes 16+17): Tarantino's Favorite Feet and WHO IS REM?

(Bonus Art)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh godamnit Season 2 got delayed for July thanks to Corona-Chan. :livintrope:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm honestly surprised this is the only series so far to do it, at least from the ones I follow. I expected this to happen everywhere, considering how hard anime relies on outsourcing to Chinese and Korean studios.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

there's been like 4 or 5 other shows pushed back from spring to summer, this is just the first big name one to do it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Has there been an official anthropomorphization of the corona virus, yet?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

Has there been an official anthropomorphization of the corona virus, yet?
Hai desu

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Been holding off with the director cut until they had more eps out. From which ep are the important changes/additions starting to show?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So a few things as we roll onto the decisive final episode of S1 Director's Cut:

1) It's airing on Subaru's birthday (April Fools!)
2) There is absolutely, absolutely, going to be new content at the very end of this episode. Content I have been waiting for the last 4 years. Content every LN/WN reader knows.
3) With that being said, how do we handle Wednesday's spoilers?
4) And can someone PM the threads on 4chan that morning as it begins?

Get ready everyone :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I would say spoiler tag it the day it airs, but then after that it's fair game to talk about in here.