Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

Ytlaya posted:

edit2: Btw, who is the girl in front of Otto and behind Garfiel (the one holding the dog)? I recognize everyone else in this image, but not her.

That's (Season 1 spoiler) Meili Portroute, the little village girl with the wolfgarm puppy who cursed Subaru during the 2nd arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Satella - Envy
Echidna - Greed
Minerva - Wrath
Sekhmet - Sloth
Daphne - Gluttony
Typhon - Pride
Carmilla - Lust

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

What a drat good episode. I feel like it's a lot easier to appreciate Subaru's quirks and personality now, not just because of how they relate to his parents but because, as he mentioned, he was always trying so hard in trying to outdo himself. I mean that's basically the entire show's thing.

He’s already dealing with the growing legend of being “Natsuki Subaru, killer of Sin Archbishops and the White Whale.” He’s gotta be feeling some serious imposter syndrome.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

While season 1 was airing, I remember seeing a lot of discourse complaining that with infinite lives he can essentially brute force his desired outcomes, which takes away narrative tension. But we’ve seen over and over that just killing himself on repeat isn’t a viable solution, even for reasons outside of death being unpleasant. He’s seen the deaths of friends and loved ones. He’s suffered the unforeseeable consequences of having his “save point” update. He’s had to deal with people who are increasingly apprehensive of him the more he reeks of witch’s miasma. Brute force isn’t possible, so the threat of Subaru’s death will always have tension. This story is so good.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

We've seen: Echidna (Greed), Typhon (Pride), Minerva (Wrath), and Daphne (Gluttony).
We haven't seen: Carmilla (Lust), Sekhmet (Sloth)
Currently rampaging outside: Satella (Envy)

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

She seems surprised at Subaru's actions, was it confirmed this ep if it was Emilia who was taken over? My assumption then is its Emilia who was overcome by like, the Witch's Will or something but wasn't for whatever reason actually privvy to what Satella did to Subaru?

That's my interpretation. It's really the only thing that makes sense with the "I swear I'm going to save you." line as he looks into her weeping eyes. Either he's speaking to the "possessed" Emilia, or he's speaking out loud to himself as he stares at Emilia's likeness.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Mindblast posted:

Her reasoning is so alien he'd have to constantly fear/scrutinize any advice given.

That, and she’s only concerned about the end without consideration for the means. She’d be perfectly fine with treating some of his lives as throwaways, used solely for information gathering, and we’ve seen how those potentially end up.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Grouchio posted:

It's alright. The floodgates have been open now. The Greed IF is basically what happens if Subaru accepted Echidna's proposal.

It should be noted that this side chapter takes place after Arc 5 (we’re about half-way through 4), so there could be some spoilers even if it exists in a different canon.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Brutal Garcon posted:

There's also plot (or at least relevant backstory) in this week's Break Time, so don't skip that if you usually do.

Where does this stream?

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Arc 5 could fit in a single cour, but 6 is really dense and needs room to breathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Nobody is safe this season.