Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

I for one commend Subaru for having absolutely zero tolerance for an annoying Smirking Secreteer running through their practiced, self-indulgence routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

“Satella” is the only gibberish Anglican name so I assume the naming scheme was thought of later as the story developed.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

I really enjoyed this episode but at the same time I find it amusing that the first phase of some mystical gauntlet everyone talks up as perilous is...remembering that your parents are cool and love you and that you're gonna be okay.

"Beware! Foolish adventurers. You have strayed into the Caverns of Catharsis!"

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

The fact that "this time" gets by without a heart grab possibly means we could have characters piece together the whole Return by Death system without violating whatever arbitrary rules Satella has in place over what Subaru can disclose.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

Lurking Haro posted:

Did you miss Petra's arm and her body lying under the debris?

That scene is actually hard to make out because of the bloodied vision on top what I assume is anime Censorship Shadows. I assumed Petra was dead from context clues and because I knew what show I was watching.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

There's some old adage about never saying "thank you" to one of the fey, as the words themselves indicate acceptance of an agreement so if you're not careful you've just made a contract without setting the terms.

Regarding the episode (which felt about 5 minutes long) I interpreted the ending that while being stuck in Tea Time Subaru didn't rouse Emilia when she was in distress and/or somehow she hosed up the trial so badly that she went full speed into a host for Satella.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

Toalpaz posted:

in umineko witches aren't real.

only if you can prove it in a series of increasingly convoluted ways

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

egg tats posted:

like, echidna says she did things she regrets to get knowledge but are those things like, imprisoning someone to find out exactly what happens if you don't feed a human, or like, secretly exhuming a body to find out what the structure of a heart is?

or injecting chemicals into the iris of a living subject to see if eye color can be changed or freezing naked prisoners to see how hypothermia affects the body, you know certainly not evil just greedy for knowledge

I suspect the witches are all going to be revealed that they were driven by their core principles such that they had no practical empathy when it came to whatever drove them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

I feel like it's at least noteworthy to point out that Subaru specifically acknowledges an element of consent in his "hero kisses the girl" moment