Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i watched the first two eps of the rerelease yesterday and I'm rediscovering my hate of subaru it seems. however, it's not just subaru that bothers me, it's the whole cast

i don't know what it is about the first season that chafes me, but it does. on paper, it sounds like a show and setting that I should like, but then I watch and i find subaru grating, i find the rest of the cast to be grating and not particularly believable, etc.

i'm gonna watch through the rest of the season 1 rerelease and see if season 2 does anything for me, but i'm not very hopeful. i've read spoilers, and the story sounds insteresting when reduced to a summary, but like I said, season 1 just bugs me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

on episodes 1 & 2, what bothers me about subaru is how he keeps acting like a jackass after dying like 4 times. i can stand the "i'm in an isekai and this is like my rpgs wow" style behavior at first, but after getting stabbed and dying (and realizing that's what's happening) you'd think he'd have toned it down a lot, but at the end of episode two he's still doing this bullshit.

the contrast of subaru being goony as gently caress with a story where the main character dies at the drop of a hat is I guess what really grates on me. it feels like the show keeps veering between dark as gently caress and lighthearted, and the refusal to stick with one or the other is probably what's bugging me

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Conspiratiorist posted:

Your time is your own, but if after committing more than an hour and a half to a piece of media you not only aren't enjoying it, but also actively disliking it, maybe the best thing to do would be to just cut your loses.

yeah i know. the reason i keep trying is cause when you reduce the plot down to abstracts, there's an interesting story there that I should like. cause of that I keep trying to give it chances, but it might just be the case that this isn't a show for me.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah you aren't supposed to like subaru, you are generally supposed to be interested in the world and the mystery and the characters subaru meets. To be clear, the show wants you to think he's an overconfident jackass in over his head. Your reading isn't wrong.

But yeah do what you want. I think you really need to get through the first 2 arcs and the act 1 of arc 3 to really reap the rewards of a lot of the early characterization.

i feel like I could like that stuff if subaru wasn't there annoying the poo poo out of me constantly. I'm probably gonna try to stick through it till early season 2 cause some of the plot points mentioned seem interesting, and hopefully subaru changes at least a little and becomes less annoying to me