Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, not giving Subaru any specifically strong powers, requiring him to basically have to make do with the abilities of his friends allows them to really keep the tension going without having to constantly increase the power levels. More like jojo in that sense, with it feeling like both sides have to be careful to not get gibbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Except that Subaru wants to get gibbed occasionally to stop horrible things from happening from his friends, or at least give him the opportunity to prevent them from happening.

well yes, but that is kinda his thing. and as we saw here, he tries to do what he can to make things count each time.

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

Only thing I can think of is Garf notices something the second time Emelia tries and fails, or is just sort of reacting in a contrarian manner.

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

Well I guess if one doesn't want to be spoiled, then make sure not to PM Grouchio, I suppose.

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

When is this stated, and why? I was aware of this only vaguely (and I really don't know why they had to make this the case).

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

Gotta say, I did not appreciate the bondage vore child.

Really the best end needs to bring her hunger down to just "must eat ALL the candy" so she can just have the munchies in peace.

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

I think that the testament Roswald has might not be any more special than the others , beyond the fact that his hasn't become inacurrate yet, so he can try to force subaru to do what the book says will happen because it shows a future he wants. if subaru gets a checkpoint after rendering his testament false, Roswald will have no recourse but to just pressure subaru into bringing about a future that is 'good enough' for him to tolerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 20, 2009

I'd call that unfair, but probations under 24 hours are almost more like a sort of in-joke. I'm sure they are useful if you need someone to not post in a certain state of mind or at a certain time.

Edit: I'll also note that I don't get the joke at all.