Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The fact she cries out for Subaru while saying she's sorry whenever she wakes from the trial makes me think it has something to do with the last plot arc.

we know Echidna's been watching Subaru, and that she's aware of the time loops from his point of view

I'm just assuming that she's seeing all the times Puck killed him last season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
it's weird that everyone in here is assuming the witches are actually all evil? like in real life, "witch" traditionally just meant "woman who learned more than people think she should have.

like, echidna says she did things she regrets to get knowledge but are those things like, imprisoning someone to find out exactly what happens if you don't feed a human, or like, secretly exhuming a body to find out what the structure of a heart is?

like, minervas wrath is towards the concept of death, so she'd be declared evil based on her loudly decrying any king who ever declared war. otherwise she's just crazy diamond

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

AnoHito posted:

I don't get it, why does everyone think Typhon is evil? She didn't actually hurt Barusu at all. So far, the most "evil" witch is Daphne, and even she wasn't completely terrible.

I would also like to point out that, so far in the story, Satella hasn't actually done anything other than make Barusu functionally immortal. Most everything else about her has been second/third hand stories from people that already hate her and everything she stands for.

like, the thing she did was hosed up, and like, cool Subaru wasn't hurt because he had never actually done anything wrong but you still tore off his gat dang arm (and then his gat dang everything). Subaru didn't just go back to normal when she left either, so unless Minerva was following behind her putting people with anxiety back together she was likely walking around doing a lot of killing-by-proxy

like, typhon might have been that cavalier because she knew Minerva was next in line, but you don't really get that idea from how she acted, you know

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Does the typeface in the original get larger and more disjointed the longer it goes on?

not in the original webnovel but this is 1 fifth of the script in Japanese

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Is he actually dead, or just cut off from Emilia?

maybe we'd have an answer if he bothered explaining poo poo

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Soks posted:

Other than that, the ep was good. I dislike that we're kept in the dark as to Puck and Subaru's conversation, but that's forgivable. Iguess. More on the same character: It's pretty bad that Puck has been there all along in all past timelines but only showed up because Subaru faked wanting to choke out Emilia, I expected something important to be keeping him away, something to resolve. Emilia was in plenty of danger before and Puck just did... nothing, for seemingly no reason.

I mean, that's all because puck is following roswaals orders though, right? roswaal clearly has some degree of control over puck, and was ordered to hide from Amelia (and later on to cover the land with magical snow) in order to make her feel even more alone

presumably his connection to emilia is still in place even, he's just been weakened by breaking his contract with roswaal by talking to her

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
emelia hasn't really had a chance to ask someone, and the only person she could ask has spent like the entire time telling emelia that she can't stand her so

the only character we've seen her interact with at all who isn't likely "younger" than her is echidna. maybe roswaal but he didn't know Fortuna or the forest elves if he was around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I'd be shocked if Re:Zero didn't get picked up for a season 3. I've been flabbergasted all season that most (all???) episodes were a full 30 minutes long, usually without an OP or ED. that's 1) really expensive and 2)completely devoid of advertisements at all.

Unless crunchyroll was getting extended cuts and on TV they're getting shorter episodes, that's a lot of money not just left on the table, but shoveled backwards out of the window.

Basically, unless japan's desire for horny rem statues dried up over the last year, or the original author gets caught doing something real shameful, like murdering someone, or smoking 1(one) joint, I don't see them not making another season