Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't know why but I find Regulus creepier and more hatable than Batenkaitos. (And Batenkaitos is pretty bad.)

oh yeah, regulus sucks, not least because he's the most over the top parody of an ancap.

keeps yelling about the NAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So the other witches were Camilla, Sekhmet, Typhon, Minerva, Echidna, and who else?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so why was garf aggro to hell and back with subaru this time around? why did roswaal's insistence on emilia passing the trial not apply to the last cycle?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

That's a good point as well that I'm not sure we've ever had a reset save update at any time before the latest point he dies at or along those lines.

while thats true, haven't the reset points been like, 4 or 5 points total?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

so judging from the silhouettes shown earlier in the season, the little girl is typhon, the chick in the coffin is....daphne, i think? and the explosion girl is minerva?

leaving camilla, sekhmet, and satella as the remaining no-shows?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
judging from that one shot of the black tendrils reaching into the tea party but dissipating, i think it's quite likely satella got really, really, really, really, REALLY loving mad about subaru casually blabbing about return by death.

on another note, garf is suddenly extremely willing to risk his life to save a supposed witch cultist. i can't imagine subaru smells particularly good right now either.

Elephant Parade posted:

sure, she's kind of shady, but what has she done that we've seen other than help Subaru overcome personal trauma and save his soul from getting broken? as it stands, she's very much a benevolent figure--that could change, and it's entirely possible that she did something awful in life (the general theme with the witches seems to be "good intentions gone terribly wrong", going by Typhon attempting to show Subaru is a good person by breaking him into a million pieces and Daphne trying to solve world hunger via horrible man-eating monsters), but she doesn't seem evil

along similar lines, theres literally zero chance that echidna didnt know that subaru blabbing about rbd would piss off satella to high heaven.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 3, 2020

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

When was this again?

But yeah that's an interesting note on Garfield.

on the 2:25 mark

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Dzhay posted:

Lost amongst the more dramatic things that happened in the episode, but yeah, that is how people who actually had to share a world with fairies would react to that comparison.

i would expect a reaction more along the lines of "holy poo poo do NOT compare me to them do you know how much that pisses them off????"

on the episode itself, the fact that echidna gave subaru a weapon to escape a permanent game over seems further evidence to me that she knew subaru telling her about return by death would piss satella off to high heaven and cause her to rampage.

subaru also comes out and says that garfiel cannot actually smell the scent of the witch on him (which is especially obvious seeing as garfiel greets him in a friendly manner upon exit from the trial)

but my previous suspicion was that ryuzu was the one able to smell the witch and informed garfiel of this fact, but ryuzu is firmly in subaru's corner. Is the someone else able to smell the witch's scent that we haven't met yet?

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 9, 2020

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

the resolution to fickle garfield is a little wack but w/e I get that its a personality conflict more than anything and subs found the right way to manage it.

I also didn't get the translation of those lil gals taunting subs too wrt garfield's lover... but whatever. This is kind of dragging, on but despite all the unanswered questions I hope this is the solution life. (It probably will have a climax and a twist and another climax but...)

i took that dialogue to mean that ryuzu was speaking the cover story that subaru was having a rendezvous with ram and that she wouldn't tell garf because it would upset him.

Grouchio posted:

"Echidna is more dateable than you" is the coldest burn I've seen yet here on Re:Zero. :dunkedon:

it's also the insult that actually provoked satella into consuming him.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
it was pretty interesting that emilia entirely forgoes her freakout over the trial solely by the fact she sees that subaru needs to be comforted.

hmm subaru maybe this should tell you something about how you should treat emilia in your relationship with you????????????????????????????

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

wait there are multiple ryuzu? not like, mindless clone ryuzus but multiple ryuzus with their own personality?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so roswaal's goal is 100% to resurrect Echidna, right? to perfect her experiment of transfering consciousness to ryuzu's original vessel and bring her back. wonder what the dragon has to do with that

also the final scene was chilling beyond belief

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 16, 2020

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Someone correct my memory here, but has Subaru actually ever given that password thing to Beatrice yet in any loop?

no, and judging from beatrice's reaction to subaru trying to persuade her not to want to die, roswaal has severely misjudged beatrice's willingness to dedicate herself to the someone she has been waiting for

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Rudoku posted:

That and his "save point" is right after he passed the first test.

still, he was able to update his pact of echidna so that he would remember the tea parties even after new loops

echidna's realm clearly exists outside of conventional time

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
smash man eat the eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i started reading the WN of this arc and drat, they leave alot of the plot on the cutting room floor