Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

USNews: Biden approves $735M weapons sale to Israel

College Slice

Kung Food posted:

Wait, I thought 'That person' meant a romantic lover/soulmate. Betty described it as "Someone who will put me before anyone else." But Echidna's specific description of that person was "Someone suitable for inheriting my knowledge will come for you." So why couldn't Subaru be that person without having to betray his feelings for Emilia? Heck Roswaal sounded like a pretty ideal that person as he was regularly in the library anyways. Also gently caress you Roswaal if you were going to use the library at least keep her company for a bit even if just as a kindness for your wifu's daughter/creation.

Because obviously "that person" over four hundred years became a fantasy for Betty, and Subaru was able to infer that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Annointed posted:

Multiple arcs and finally Subaru can do magic without killing himself

Is this a thing he can do now because he's "contracted" with Betty? Does he now have magic whenever he wants? That'd be a mighty powerup for him!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Lotus Aura posted:

Every time he cast magic, it was while holding her hand or carrying her. That's probably got something to do with it.

Speaking of, I was not expecting the solution to the rabbits be trapping all of them in a pocket dimension, where they devour each other endlessly. That's kinda hardcore, but it also means there's gotta be stopping it being an instant win button from now on.

They failed their reflex saving throw of course! Most enemies won't let themselves get hit like that.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Hogama posted:

The biggest Director's Cut change (beyond the bit they used from the first episode of season 2) was the Subaru v. Julius fight getting some major redraws. Pretty much everything else was small stuff you'd never really notice without a stopwatch comparison (these cuts linger for fractions of a second longer over the broadcast!, etc.) Well, that, and actually getting to play the OP/EDs more often.

Yeah wasn't there like cut content that would've been relevant for the current season? It's weird to not add that stuff back in.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Mentally stunted and weird due to a long period of isolation? drat she really is the perfect match for Subaru

I feel like this is a recipe for toxic codependence which would be kinda cool to see explored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Conspiratiorist posted:

The last two arcs have been all about specifically veering hard off this outcome (which Roswaal had been aiming for).

Sorta true but we mainly have seen this I feel on Subaru's side of things and only a little bit on Emilia's side of things, and most of that was like a "bad end".