Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today
Alm: Human Disaster

Eh, changes can be made and adjustments can work as well. Same happened with the HxH 2011 Anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

XboxPants posted:

Original reddit post
(I apologize if this is skirting too close to )

Don't get too excited, though, it cuts out less than I was expecting. Even with all the failures removed, it's still drat over 5 hours long. Cool idea, though.
It is indeed iffy, because while the series as a whole (I think even the shorts and ovas? I haven't checked in a while) is legally available in Crunchyroll, I really don't think that Kadokawa is looking forward to do something like this officially.

Also, please keep spoiler talk light or non-existent. A lot of folks haven't read/don't want to read neither the light novels nor the web version.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 31, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Episode 15 is "Crushing Despair and Horror" in a very neat, streamlined form. It's the sort of thing that you'd expect from the usual suspects/a seasoned veteran in the topic (Ito, Umezu, Tomino, early Nasu, Urobuchi, y'know the drill), but in this day and age, it's frankly mind-blowing just how completely desolating it makes you feel watching/listening/experiencing that bit.

I am kinda glad that I didn't decide to tackle the novels now that the 2nd season has been announced, because I absolutely want to know where does the story go next and, more specifically, I want to see it animated.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Oh, and if AnoHito doesn't terribly mind...

Wark Say posted:

Also, please keep spoiler talk light or non-existent. A lot of folks haven't read/don't want to read neither the light novels nor the web version.

Hopefully we can keep this to a minimum? If you feel like spilling it out, just take it to PM's or something. Season 2 still doesn't have an air-date as of yet and while I don't terribly mind (mostly because I've gotten good at disassociating spoilers from things I haven't seen/read/heard thanks to an rear end in a top hat co-worker that took glee in spoiling the first 8 arcs of The Walking Dead comic), I'm sure there are plenty of people who would rather not have to waddle through posts spoiling stuff from the novels.

Putting things behind spoiler bars is good if there's a disclaimer, but again, preferably just don't do it (or if you have plat, just PM the goon who's itchin' to get spoiled rotten).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Didn't the director mention something along the lines of him regretting that decision, based on how much he liked both openings and endings?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Styx Helix evoked a certain feel that very few ED's do. It's not going to be part of my list of all-time favorite OP's and ED's, but it's pretty goddamn good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

It kinda reminds me of a game I played recently and it left a similar vibe, storywise, but I think Emilia's decision in-story was definitely one that made sense. Like yeah, as the audience we know "Oh crap! This is going to bite everyone in the keister real bad!", but the characters don't know that, and I think the narrative made a good job of showing the moment in all its painful glory.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Sometimes I forget that whole deal with Emilia wrt her massive amounts of self-loathing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Someone in another thread mentioned Muv-Luv Alternative, so maybe something akin to "PTSD Simulator" might apply here?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Subaru is going to wish he listened more to late-period Meshuggah.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Hunt11 posted:

So how is the new season of Quartet?
Haven't seen it (1st season did nothing from me) but from everything I read they included the Shield Hero and then they literally put him in a different class that doesn't interact with the rest of the cast at all. Which sounds hilariously stupid.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Sazabi posted:

Memory Snow reminded me why it's one of my favorites.

Also I've only seen the show so roughly where are the arcs separated? Is it every time he gets a new save point? Or is it more arbitrary based on where each novel ends?
Sorta/Sorta not? I admit that I haven't read the novels, but basically with Arcs 1 and 2 (the first 12/13 episodes) that holds true, whereas in Arc 3 there are at least 2, if not 3 save points.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Julias posted:

I would say spoiler tag it the day it airs, but then after that it's fair game to talk about in here.
Yeah. After it airs is fair game.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

that's an extremely good reason for a delay on both a compassionate level and in terms of "well yeah, no one else would do"
Dude has been shredding his vocals chords for 15 years with at least one or more "shouty" roles per year. Like I'm honestly surprised he lasted until his mid-30's before he had to undergo surgery.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Zetsubou-san posted:

it's okay to have little a death, as a treat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTr7bqKHvgE

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Yeah, if it's just stuff that's already happened, you can sorta discuss it like Julias previously recommended.

But also, you don't have to quote huge chunks of text. Just like "Oh, Regulus said this and elaborated on this a bit more on the OG web novel/light novel".

I mean hell, I've been looking forward to this adaptation almost as much as y'all, and last thing I want to worry about are spoilers.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Danke.

Like this is the one mainstream show I was looking forward to seeing, not reading and I'm glad that, even through almost 4 years of wait, I never got spoiled beyond the "Who's Rem?" thing. I think if session 3 takes a while to be announced, I'm just going to go and read it from there on, but yeah, I'd rather see Arc 4 animated before making the jump to the Light Novels or even the Web Novels.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Mordja posted:

I wonder what Garfiel thinks about Mondays?
I feel like with his VA, it could go about several ways, even if the final result is probably an onslaught of crazy noises.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Almost 2 decades indirectly following Mrs. Sakamoto's career, and to hear that "Eeeeeeeeeeeeehhh?" was just... beautiful.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Maybe it's also a wordplay on "Stellar"?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

I think the fact that Subaru suffers some of the most hosed-up deaths at her hands on the first season makes her fairly memorable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Lurking Haro posted:

RoswalMods knew that this discussion will take place and chose not to end it, just so people can see how derailing it is.
Uh, I was busy?

Also Raenir and Vinny knock this off or I'm giving you both a timeout.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Mindblast posted:

Alternatively if Subs
He has a nickname. It's Valse/Barusu.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Raxivace posted:

Rem's name of course, refers to "rem" sleep and she's currently in a coma and that's kind of like sleeping.
♫ That's Rem in the corner. ♪

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Clowns are truly a double-edged sword.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

While I don't mind spoilers for reasons that I don't want to elaborate here to not further derail this thread, I absolutely respect the decision of other goons/people in general to experience stuff with as fresh, spoiler-free a perspective as they wish.

Re:Zero is one of like the few shows where I've tried to stay away from spoilers because, like that one dish/food you only eat once a month, you want to savor that motherfucker. So let's keep spoiler chat to either the LN thread or to yourselves.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Grouchio posted:

Alrighty. If I can't talk about episodes, then I'll post fanart and memes!

You can absolutely talk about episodes. Like you can post something akin to "Hearing Mamiko Noto's normally 'sweet' typecast voice has become absolutely loving terrifying" or whatever you want as long as it's not spoilers of this arc (or any future arcs for that matter).

Also that is some incredibly cute fanart.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's imitating a scene from Jojo's where the Crusaders grudgingly drink lemonade to get a cafe owner to talk to them.

I dunno if it's supposed to be part of the joke or just a convenient thing to trace, though.
It's actually a scene from early part 5, but it does look a lot like that part 3 scene, now that I think about it! Especially how broad-shouldered Barusu looks.

Ytlaya posted:

Eh, I kind of disagree with this beyond stuff that is limited to technical aspects of the episode's production, like the thing you mentioned or someone saying "I like how this part was animated," etc. Talking about the events of an episode as someone who has read ahead is kind of unavoidably and intrinsically a spoiler, because it tells people "this is the person's opinion about events/characters as someone who knows what happens in the future." For example, even something as simple as expressing positive opinions towards a character is the same as saying "this character won't become evil later."
I actually don't mind like "stuff coming from the perspective of goons who have read ahead" and such. I just don't want the whole arc to be spoiled.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

You. Little. poo poo.

... Well done.

I did not expect that. Like, at all.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Sefal posted:

Someone did make a video like that. Its about 3 hours long I think
Five Hours, Forty Three Minutes and Eleven Seconds for season 1.

(Saw it together with my bandmates).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

The return of the Rie Takahashi's ASMR Extravaganza?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqPSh-2Qb30

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Witches are lands of contrasts, methinks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

(I preface this post by saying I have not read on the lore of this series/the WN/LN's and I only know what the anime has shown)

Here's a dumb theory: Every witch we've met, so far, is the typical...

Here be Witches posted:

"Conventional morality? "
... type of character in their own particular way. What if Satella, when bestowed with the power (hear me out, part of the theory is that they were not "born" with it) still kept a relatively-conventional sense of morality? Which is what ended up driving her murderously insane?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Grouchio posted:

I was greenlit by Wark to reveal this.
Yes. I'm still not 100% certain that such a detail will get skipped and I still sorta think it might make it into the second half, but I at least appreciate that you decided to spoiler-tag it and present the warning. I still haven't read the novels myself, but I think that, once the 2nd cour of this season finishes airing, I'm gonna stop dithering and just take the plunge.

Nitrousoxide posted:

So which light novel picks up with where we ended here?
From what I've been told by a co-worker, the novel that just got officially translated back in July is the stopping point (volume 13, I think?)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

darkgray posted:

The anime is cutting a bunch of foreshadowing scenes, though, so it'd be a bit of a waste (and possibly confusing) if you jump into the middle of the LN series.
Oh, most definitely. They adapted like 8 or 9 novels into 26 episodes for the 1st season. Even the best writer's room had to go "gently caress it, [x] and [y] ain't leaving the cutting room's floor"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Otto channeling that "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?" energy really well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

It's a side story, from what I heard from a buddy.

Don't really mind, to be honest. Of course, if it directly spoils future actual mainline novel/things that'll get covered in the anime, we can have that conversation, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

good first ep back

a little Otto makes all the difference
Just what the doctor ordered. Puck.