Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

So does anyone want to bet on how many times we will see the ending sequences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I would not be surprised if it was just the witch loving around with things.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Episode 5 changes: A completely new version of Styx Helix plays as the Ending Theme.

Also Emilia and Megumin talked to each other this week in Quartet.

So how is the new season of Quartet?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I am happy that so far isekai quartet has pretty much ignored the shield hero cast outside of the first episode.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Going back to the whole pride thing, wasn't there a scene towards the end of the 1st season where Subaru bonded with an animal almost instantly who was described as the epitome of the pride or something like that?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Considering how Echidna was acting it seemed pretty clear that they didn't consider themselves nice.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That episode did a lot to show why Subaru is the way he is and at times it hit way too close to home.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

We already met the archbishop of greed in the first episode of the season.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

so judging from the silhouettes shown earlier in the season, the little girl is typhon, the chick in the coffin is....daphne, i think? and the explosion girl is minerva?

leaving camilla, sekhmet, and satella as the remaining no-shows?

We have technically already seen Satella at the end of season 1.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The author has written about what happens if he does try to brute force his way through problems and it is not pretty.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tabletops posted:

Didn't satella create all the mabeasts? Other than the whale rabbit and serpent?

I think that was what people believed but it was the witch of gluttony who created them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

egg tats posted:

it's weird that everyone in here is assuming the witches are actually all evil? like in real life, "witch" traditionally just meant "woman who learned more than people think she should have.

like, echidna says she did things she regrets to get knowledge but are those things like, imprisoning someone to find out exactly what happens if you don't feed a human, or like, secretly exhuming a body to find out what the structure of a heart is?

like, minervas wrath is towards the concept of death, so she'd be declared evil based on her loudly decrying any king who ever declared war. otherwise she's just crazy diamond

Mostly we are viewing the witches as beings who seem to operate outside of what normal people see as normal. Anyway you listed the two witches that seem the most benevolent but it is important to remember that their number also includes Daphne, Satella and Typhon who are all terrifying in their own way.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AnoHito posted:

I don't get it, why does everyone think Typhon is evil? She didn't actually hurt Barusu at all. So far, the most "evil" witch is Daphne, and even she wasn't completely terrible.

I would also like to point out that, so far in the story, Satella hasn't actually done anything other than make Barusu functionally immortal. Most everything else about her has been second/third hand stories from people that already hate her and everything she stands for.

Pretty sure we are seeing her being active in the last episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Well, he did marry the woman he loved, had children and grandchildren, then one day lost his wife to the white whale. Better than nothing
Also (unsure if anime or LN only) he observes Subaru having the eyes of one who has seen his own death multiple times.

I remember that happening in the anime as well.