Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Hope that royal selection process does something. Anything. Anything at all next season.
Also what's under Al's helmet?
And if Mimi will get more burger?
Do the other two triplets enjoy burgers just as much?
These are the real s2 questions we should be asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Grouchio posted:

Everyone however should go watch Memory Snow, as I just did.

It's cute, it's fluffy, it gives us a glimpse of Emilia's character, and has subtle foreshadowing for arcs 3 and 4.

And is highly gifable.

Memory Snow reminded me why it's one of my favorites.

Also I've only seen the show so roughly where are the arcs separated? Is it every time he gets a new save point? Or is it more arbitrary based on where each novel ends?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Do we have any hints on how far s2 will get towards catching up with the manga or LN? Also how many side story/one offs/ character backstory shorts. Are out there? And at what point should an anime watcher start to look into reading them?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Ytlaya posted:

The fourth arc really has a ridiculous amount of content, to the extent where it almost seems like it would be a little tight even with a full 26 episodes. If I think back on the first 4 arcs (I still haven't read any beyond that; I should get around to that at some point), most of the stuff that stands out to me is from the fourth.

I actually didn't really care much about the spoiler thing people are talking about (I feel like Rem didn't really have much more to explore as a character, so transforming her into just being a plot device/motivation was probably a good thing and allowed this season to focus more on other characters), but there's a lot of other stuff coming up that is really great. Some great characters introduced in this seasons (or past characters developed much more).

I won't mention anything even in spoiler tags, not so much because of there being shocking twists (though there's at least one thing that kinda qualifies as that), but because some of the things that happen were things that were genuinely interesting, particularly for this genre.

Am I reading you right? Do named primary characters fail to be saved by one and only true hero of the story?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Maybe he'll find someone who has a witch factor that allows them to phone other world?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I wonder how much of this though is her not "knowing" and is just how the illusion works, i.e she is not truly conscious and is just responding automatically given the inputs like a really advanced robot; or she is in fact conscious and self-aware and aware of her surroundings and if the latter it's interesting that Satella doesn't react to Echidna knowing but did whenever Subaru tried to spill the beans to anyone else including Emilia.

Rewatching the Director's cut in preparation for the new season, I notice some people in this thread and reddit talk about Satella, are we as anime only watchers supposed to "know" that it's Satella squeezing Subaru's heart? I feel like it's been very strongly hinted at and is pretty obvious but I don't think they explicitly did so; I know Subaru taunted Betelgeuse a bit about it but not in a super explicit way.

We have several lines about Subaru smelling of the witch and when Betelgeuse sees the hands that have been squeezing Subarus heart he's all "my love! I've waited so long for your embrace". If it's actually Satella's literal hand or semi magic one is more up in the air. However yes we get enough info to at least convince me it's Satella stroking Subaru's heart when he ties to spoil the plot to other characters.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Did you know this show is #1 this week on Anime Trending?

How many loops did it take for this outcome?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

It says a lot about how good and compelling the story is if people in this thread can watch all of season 1 and still feel uncertain if ole' angry eyes Subaru can pull a metaphorical rabbit out of every hat in hat emporium.

I also just realized who maylie is. And I'm overjoyed by how willing the show is to introduce seemingly throwaway characters that take entire seasons to return by plot.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

I wonder how everyone knows exactly how the witch smells. Did she piss on half the world like a dog or cat marking their territory?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

LostRook posted:

Watch today's episode

Realize the true devious nature of Grouchio's fanart post of Echidna with accessory.

Listen to the first 10 seconds of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJiG15euUes

Wallow in the despair of Grouchio's complete victory.

Is it what we saw in the op?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

8 EP in and he finally gets a break. Worst yet is we don't even know if this will be the final run. Every ep makes me sympathize with Grouchio's impatience.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Raenir Salazar posted:

The Subaru gets consumed by Satella scene is interesting to me because shouldn't Satella know that Subaru can RBD? She seems surprised at Subaru's actions, was it confirmed this ep if it was Emilia who was taken over? My assumption then is its Emilia who was overcome by like, the Witch's Will or something but wasn't for whatever reason actually privvy to what Satella did to Subaru?

Witches be crazy.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Is season 2 going to be solving this and this alone. We aren't even halfway through, and I don't think Subaru is gonna even have time to go after greed and gluttony.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Grouchio posted:

One last gift before episode 12!

Now that's what I call a DIE-kimakura.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

HppyCmpr posted:

So, one other thing I noticed is Roswaal saying he went insane 400 years ago when he looked into someone’s eyes. He must be really old, which doesn't really line up with his family passing the land down through generations. I am not sure what the life expectancy is on a powerful magic user though; so maybe it is not odd at all.

I am assuming the eyes he gazed into belong to Echidna since she mentioned something about people going insane when in her presence.
400 years ago was when the world was nearly destroyed, so maybe he was a witness to it; if so then it could have been Satella instead of Echidna.

Edit: I keep spelling Roswaal "Roswell"

99% sure it has something to do with his eyes and the make up is a distraction to hide that fact.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Could be a new girl named Rim. I'm getting stoked for this.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Was it just me or did the crystal Subaru use to de-tiger young Gar talk and sound like Puck. And does that make him the new contract holder?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

GloriousDemon posted:

drat I didn't think about the implications of Betelgeuse's longevity compared to elves and what it means for Subaru being the inheritor of his power till I chewed on it awhile.

Provided he he breaks these death loops, he's going to outlive everyone by a lot, even Emilia but especially Emilia.

I thought the authority was the special powers they got and thus the only thing that transfers? Or does immortality go hand and hand with unseen hand and the others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Grouchio posted:

Hector stomped young Roswaal so hard he turned him into a clown who imitated him.

Edit: For anyone wondering how Roswaal is alive after 400 years, only the non-adapted WN reveals this: (I return by post-)
Roswaal has been body-hopping descendants of his so he could continue simping for Echidna's revival. The original Roswaal A is now in his 12th generation body, Roswaal L. He's also stupid rich because of this.

so what you mean is there is a Roswaal hole? https://youtu.be/lIpev8JXJHQ