Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorka
Aug 18, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

AlternateNu posted:

I loved the episode, but the idea that Echidna is kind of an knowledge hungry blank slate that wholly lacks empathy or emotional attachment to anything didn't really gel with me. Just look at how Subaru interacted with her at the beginning of the season. I thought it was pretty clear that his flirtatious attitude got to her, even it she was nominally more interested in what he could do to expand her knowledge base.

I understood that in the sense that she has the knowledge to know how to go through the motions of faking being touched by his attitude, but it's not genuine.
Of course, an argument could be made that she isn't actually a blank state per se, but she still fakes a lot of emotion and is mainly cold and calculating. Being the target of Subaru's banter is something she might not be used to, so she could be showing a bit of the real Echidna in those moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU